Job seekers seeking to get employed with Academy Sports and Outdoors can fill out and submit the job application form through its career portal. Academy Sports and Outdoors has posted many job positions for unemployed individuals and those looking to initiate their career with this company.
Academy Sports and Outdoors offers distribution center, corporate, and in-store positions that applicants can explore or apply over its online platform through the career webpage. It is based out of Katy, Texas, and is a chain of sporting good stores. Academy Sports and Outdoors has more than 225 stores across the Southern United States and was founded in 1938.
Work Requirement and Scheduling at Academy Sports and Outdoors
Academy Sports and Outdoors provides many job roles for the people who want to join this Sports and Retail Company. The Academy Sports and Outdoors hire candidates with a minimum age of 18 years. It offers full-time, part-time, and seasonal job roles, appealing to individuals searching for many job types. The work schedule and shift timings of Academy Sports and Outdoors are as following:
- Monday to Saturday: 08:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Sunday: 09:00 a.m. to 08:00 p.m.
Job Opportunities Offered by Academy Sports and Outdoors
Academy Sports and Outdoors provides many job positions for unemployed candidates, including Store Managers, Assistant Managers, Stock Associates, Sales Associates, and cashiers. Applicants with authentic and pleasant personalities, active and sporting goods lifestyle can make effective candidates for Academy Sports and Outdoors Company.
A management-level job at this sports company requires supervisory employment experience. Most entry-level employees at Academy Sports and Outdoors are scheduled to work directly with its customers or behind its stores, stocking merchandise and unloading shipments.
Career Advancement with Academy Sports and Outdoors
Applicants wishing to move up and grow up the company ladder can apply for jobs through Academy Sports and Outdoors’ career portal. It usually promotes individuals within the sports company. It also promotes entry-level associates and employees to team leader roles. The team leaders at Academy Sports and Outdoors serve the company as a stepping stone to store management positions.
Career Opportunities with Academy Sports and Outdoors
Academy Sports and Outdoors has many job positions that candidates can apply for or explore through its online career webpage. For a few job opportunities with this company, it may require additional certifications and training. It may also need GEDs or high school diplomas. The most vital job roles at Academy Sports and Outdoors are the following:
- They work within their assigned departments to guide and also assist customers in finding items, offering prompt and enthusiastic customer service, and restocking merchandise.
- Sales Associates at Academy Sports and Outdoors are also responsible for unloading deliveries, assisting loss prevention techniques, and execute daily cleaning.
- They should also maintain flexible availability, affinity to work with others in a fast-paced environment.
- They earn a minimum wage or around $9.00 per hour.
- These candidates develop and train associates within the departments and also ensure excellent customer services.
- They also need to provide feedback on employee performance, make suggestions on improving department operations, and offer directions.
- They also display and organize merchandise, coordinate with other departments, implement and promote sales strategies storewide.
- Team Lead may earn around $11.00 per hour with Academy Sports and Outdoors.
- Managers are responsible for efficient and also smooth operations at Academy Sports and Outdoors’ stores.
- Department Managers also oversee departmental zoning within its stores, including cleanliness, price maintenance, and signage.
- Assistant Store Manager also works as a primary leader in the absence of store director and fulfills all its duties.
- Prospects must also have around three to seven years of retail experience, depending on their positions.
- Managers at Academy Sports and Outdoors may earn around $40,000 to $70,000 per annum.
Job Application Status at Academy Sports and Outdoors
Candidates who applied for Academy Sports and Outdoors receive phone calls or e-mail from hiring staff to schedule interview processes. Candidates can also contact its stores to know and get details of their job application status. They may call or visit the store remaining polite during its slow business hours.
Benefits to Working with Academy Sports and Outdoors
Academy Sports and Outdoors offers multiple job benefits for the candidates working with this sports retailer, including the following:
- Employees at Academy Sports and Outdoors receive opportunities for advancement, training and development, and tender excellent salary and wages.
- They also get vision, dental, and medical insurance from Academy Sports and Outdoors.
- Qualified employees also receive employee recognition programs, merchandise discounts, holidays, and paid time off.
- Most full-time Academy Sports and Outdoors associates qualify for 401(K) retirement plans.
The Job Application Process of Academy Sports and Outdoors
Job seekers looking to apply for Academy Sports and Outdoorsjobs can go through the below-mentioned steps and know its online job application process.
- Application forms for Academy Sports and Outdoors jobs are available on its online platform.
- Applicants can visit Academy Sports and Outdoors’ career webpage.
- Tap on the link of job category and title applicants need to apply for at Academy Sports and Outdoors.
- Select salaried or hourly careers from the drop-down list that appeared here, and tap on the “Search” button.
- Scroll this webpage to view the complete details, and tap on the “Apply” tab under the job title you want to apply for at Academy Sports and Outdoors.
- Applicants can Sign in to their account or tap on the “New User” tab to create Academy Sports and Outdoors’ accounts.
- Upload your resume and fill out the remaining information required to fill in and complete the Academy Sports and Outdoors job application process.
Academy Sports and Outdoors, a Texas-based company, operates and functions as a privately owned retailer. It has more than 185 stores, spread across and mainly situated in the Southern United States. Retail specialists and sports enthusiasts can find steady, and long-lasting job roles with the outdoor and sports retailer as the company expand swiftly. It delivers a massive collection of quality products and superior customer services. The sporting goods chain often provides ample opportunities to the candidates to join their growing team.