Like most people, you probably have an Amazon account, and you love shopping on their website. The convenience of being able to buy just about anything with the click of a button is hard to beat.
But what happens if your parcel is stolen after it has been delivered? What kind of protection do you have from the online giant? Well, I’ve decided to take an in-depth look at the Amazon Stolen Package Policy and find out what you can do if your delivery is stolen.
So, let’s get started with…
- How Often Are Packages Stolen?
- The Amazon A-Z Guarantee
- What To Do If Your Package Is Missing
- Amazon Stolen Package Policy – How To Report A Stolen Package
- Does Amazon Give Refunds On Stolen Packages?
- How To Protect Yourself From Parcel Theft
- More Package Delivery Information
- Amazon Stolen Package Policy – Final Thoughts?
How Often Are Packages Stolen?
Unfortunately, parcel theft is becoming more and more common. A study conducted by C+R Research found that 26% of Americans have had a package lifted from their doorstep. This is a huge problem for both consumers and retailers alike. And it is not just big cities that are affected by this problem. Package theft can happen anywhere.
Read more: When Does Amazon Charge You?
The Amazon A-Z Guarantee
The good news is that Amazon has your back. They have a policy in place called the A-Z Guarantee. This guarantee protects you, the consumer, from any type of fraud or misrepresentation. This includes things like stolen packages. So, if your delivery is stolen, you can contact Amazon, and they will help you resolve the issue.
The guarantee also covers things like damaged or defective items, items that were not delivered as promised, and more. If you are not happy with your purchase for any reason, Amazon will make it right.
What To Do If Your Package Is Missing
Firstly, you need to figure out if your parcel has been stolen or if it is just lost. If you think it may have been stolen, the first thing you should do is check your surveillance footage (if you have any).
This will help you determine if someone took your delivery or if it was just misplaced. Check in all the usual safe places, too, like under the porch or in the bushes. Also, speak to your neighbors in case they have had it delivered to them by mistake.
A 48-hour wait is a safe bet…
Additionally, you need to wait 48 hours before contacting Amazon. This is to allow for the possibility that your parcel was just delayed and there was a problem with the order status being updated early. In most cases, however, if your delivery has been stolen, you will know within this time frame.
Amazon Stolen Package Policy – How To Report A Stolen Package
If you have done all the necessary checks and you believe that your package has been stolen, the first thing you should do is contact Amazon customer service. You can do this by going to their website and filling out a form. Or you can call them at 1-866-216-1072.
Once you have contacted customer service, they will open an investigation. During this investigation, they will work with you to figure out what happened to your parcel. They will also work with the delivery company to see if they can track down the package.
What about if you purchased from a Third-Party Seller?
If you purchased your item from a third-party seller, the process is a little different. In this case, you will need to contact the seller directly and let them know what happened. The seller will then work with you to file a claim with Amazon. Once the claim is filed, the e-giant will investigate and try to resolve the issue.
Do you have to contact the Police?
In most cases, you will not need to contact the police. Amazon’s A-Z Guarantee should take care of everything for you. However, there are some exceptions. If you know who stole your package and you have evidence, you may want to contact the police. Or, if the value of the stolen items is more than $1,000, you may want to contact the police.
What happens if Amazon finds my Stolen Package?
If the online giant can find your stolen package, they will send it to you as soon as possible. However, if they are not able to find your package, they will send you a replacement or give you a refund. It is that simple!
Does Amazon Give Refunds On Stolen Packages?
Yes, Amazon does give refunds for stolen packages. This is to give buyers peace of mind knowing that they are protected in case they are a victim of parcel theft. However, it is important to note that Amazon will only give a refund if they are not able to find the stolen items. So, if you do get your package back, you will not be eligible for a refund.
How To Protect Yourself From Parcel Theft
The best way to protect yourself from parcel theft is to be proactive. There are a few things you can do to help deter thieves and keep your packages safe.
- Install security cameras: This is one of the best ways to deter thieves. If they see that you have cameras, they are less likely to try to steal your deliveries.
- Get a lockbox: This is a great option if you do not have security cameras. A lockbox will protect your parcels from being stolen and will also keep them safe from the elements, a win-win!
- Require a signature: You can require that all items be signed for when they are delivered. This way, the delivery cannot be left at your door without your knowledge.
- Use Amazon Locker: This is a safe and secure way to have your packages delivered. You can choose to have your deliveries sent to an Amazon locker instead of your home address.
- Get a PO box: This is another great option for protecting your parcels. A PO box will ensure that your packages are only delivered to you and not left on your doorstep. It is also a great option if you will be away from home for an extended period.
- Start a Neighborhood Watch: This is a wonderful way to deter thieves and make your community more secure. If they see that you are working with your neighbors to keep an eye out, they are less likely to try to steal from you. Not only will it benefit you but also everyone around you.
More Package Delivery Information
While you’re busy with your orders on Amazon, check out our Does Amazon Do Price Adjustments, as well as our Can You Hide Orders On Amazon and our Amazon Order Cancellation Policy, and when it comes to payment options, our Does Amazon Accept PayPal, and our Does Amazon Accept Afterpay in 2023.
Now that your package is on its way, you might want to take a look at our How Late Does Amazon Deliver, and our Does Amazon Prime Deliver On Sunday, how about what happens when Amazon Delivered To The Wrong Address, and you’re not sure what to do!
A gift card is a perfect present if you’re not sure what to buy; I recommend the Amazon.com $50 Gift Cards, Pack of 10 (Thank You Card Design) for the holidays, the Amazon.com Gift Card in a Holiday Gift Box, as well as the Amazon.com Gift Card in a Premium Holiday Gift Box, and finally, the Amazon.com Gift Card in a Birthday Gift Box, all available online in 2023.
Amazon Stolen Package Policy – Final Thoughts?
If your Amazon package is stolen, do not worry! Amazon’s stolen package policy means you are protected by their A-Z Guarantee. Simply contact customer service, and they will open an investigation.
In most cases, you will either get your parcel back, or you will be refunded for the value of the items. In the meantime, there are a few things you can do to protect yourself from parcel theft, such as installing security cameras and using an Amazon locker.
Good luck and happy posting!