Finding the best-suited staffing agency for you can be a difficult and time-consuming process. It is important to find an agency that has a proven track record of success while also matching your needs. There are many staffing agencies out there, so it may seem like an impossible task to narrow down the list.
To help you get started with this process, we’ve compiled a list of some of the Best Staffing Agencies out there.
- What Is A Staffing Agency?
- Staffing Agency FAQs
- Finding The Right One For You
- What To Look For In A Staffing Agency?
- Best Staffing Agencies
- Staffing Agency Red Flags
- How To Leave A Staffing Agency Gracefully?
- Interested In Getting Into HR Yourself?
- Final Thoughts
What Is A Staffing Agency?
Staffing agencies are the go-to solution for employers who need help filling open positions. Candidates can find fulfilling careers through these partnerships, while staffing agency professionals make sure that the company is well taken care of during this process!
Registering with a staffing agency allows you to connect to multiple hiring managers who are looking for your skillset.
Variety of services…
The best part about staffing agencies is that they offer a wide variety of services. This can range from finding the perfect candidate for an open position, to human resources consulting, to payroll and benefits management. Because of this, you must find an agency that caters to your specific needs.
Staffing Agency FAQs
Here are a few of the most frequently asked questions about staffing agencies.
Do staffing agencies charge a fee?
Most staffing agencies do charge a fee, which is typically deducted from your paychecks. Be sure to ask about this before signing any contracts.
What should I bring to my first meeting with a staffing agency?
You should bring a resume and cover letter to your first meeting with a staffing agency. They will likely want to see these before they start working with you. You should also be prepared to interview with potential employers.
What if the staffing agency isn’t a good fit?
If you feel like the staffing agency isn’t a good fit for you, or if they do not seem like a positive work environment, try another one. It’s more important to be in a comfortable and positive work environment than to settle for anything less.
What kind of jobs do they offer?
Staffing agencies often have placements in a variety of fields, such as accounting, administration, and clerical, architecture and engineering, healthcare and medical, legal and paralegal, marketing and advertising, sales, and retail.
Is there a difference between a staffing agency and a temporary agency?
The main difference between a staffing agency and a temporary agency is that staffing agencies typically have long-term placements. While temporary agencies are more geared towards short-term work. Staffing agencies also usually provide a wider range of services.
What should I do if I am not happy with my placement?
If you are not happy with your placement, it is usually best to speak to your recruiter. They can help you find a position that might better suit you, or they may be able to refer you to other potential employers.
Finding The Right One For You
Finding the right staffing agency can be a daunting task, but it’s important to remember that you are not alone. By doing your research and being upfront about what you are looking for, you will find an agency that is the perfect fit for you. Here are some tips to help you along the way:
- Do your research! There are many agencies out there, so it is important to find one that specializes in the type of work you are looking for.
- Check out reviews online to get an idea of what past and current clients have thought of the agency.
- Ask around! Friends, family, and colleagues may have had personal experience with a staffing agency and can recommend one.
- Be clear about what you are looking for. The more specific you are, the easier it will be to find an agency that meets your needs.
- Have a resume and cover letter ready to go! Most agencies will want to see these before they start working with you.
- Be open! Agencies will often have you meet with several different potential employers, so it is important to be flexible about the types of positions you are willing to work.
- Do not settle! If an agency is not working out for you or they do not seem like a good fit, try another one. It is more important to be in a comfortable and positive work environment than to settle for anything less.
What To Look For In A Staffing Agency?
Not all staffing agencies are created equal. When looking for the best one for you, make sure to consider the following factors:
- Location – It is important that the agency is located near you, as this will make it easier for you to attend interviews and meet with recruiters in person.
- Size – Consider the size of the agency, as you will want to make sure that they have enough resources and connections to match your needs.
- Specialty – Decide if you need a temporary or permanent solution. Many agencies can provide both, but some specialize in one over the other.
- Flexibility – Make sure you feel comfortable working with the agency’s recruiters. You should be able to communicate openly and candidly with them, to get the most out of your partnership.
Best Staffing Agencies
Now that you know what to look for, let’s take a look at some of the best agencies!
Randstad USA is a staffing agency based in the United States, with over 33,000 employees. In addition to providing temporary and permanent placement, they also offer human resources services.
Robert Half International
Even though this is a traditional staffing agency, it still has some unique offerings that set it apart from other agencies on the list. They have more than 430 locations worldwide, as well as an exclusive list of clientele.
With over 500 locations, Kelly has established itself as one of the biggest staffing agencies in the world. They are known for providing temp-to-hire, permanent placement, and outsourcing services.
ManpowerGroup is a Swiss company. With more than 2,000 branches worldwide, this global company has been helping individuals find jobs for more than 60 years. Their locations are primarily in the Americas, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Africa.
They offer a wide range of staffing services, including temporary placement, permanent placement, outsourcing, and career transition programs.
Adecco Group is another Swiss company that focuses on workforce solutions. It is the world’s largest employment agency, with over 5,000 branches in more than 60 countries. They offer a wide range of services, such as temporary and permanent placement, human resources management, outsourcing, career transition programs, and more.
The Hire Firm
The Hire Firm is another hiring agency with over 20 years of experience in the industry. It has branches throughout North America and Europe and offers full-cycle staffing solutions for companies around the globe.
This is a Canadian recruiting and staffing agency with over 30 years in the industry. They focus on providing general and technical labor, with the goal of finding their clients focused and dependable employees.
Wintergreen Recruiting has been in business for more than 20 years, offering both temp and permanent placement services. They work with a wide range of clients in a variety of industries and have offices throughout the United States.
Appleone Employment Services
A Canadian staffing agency that has been in business for over 25 years, they offer services such as temporary placement, permanent placement, executive search, and more.
Spherion Staffing Services
This agency has over 60 branches located throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America. Not only do they offer temporary staffing options, but they also provide full-cycle recruiting services, including direct hire placement.
AtWork Personnel Services
AtWork Personnel Services specializes in placing people into work that aligns with the goals of their clients and candidates. They have over 30 years of experience in the staffing industry and have placed over 1 million people into positions.
Express Employment Professionals
Express Employment Professionals is a global staffing company with over 700 locations in North America, Europe, Australia, and New Zealand. They offer services such as temporary placement, temp-to-hire, direct hire, and more.
This staffing and recruiting agency has been in the business for over 25 years. They work with clients in a variety of industries and have locations throughout the United States.
Monarch Search Group
Monarch Search Group is a search firm that specializes in executive searches for hiring personnel. Their goal is to provide the perfect fit for their clients, making the process as smooth as possible.
Staffing Agency ABC
Staffing Agency ABC is the leading staffing company in North America. They have been successful since 2009 and boast a long list of satisfied customers, including Fortune 500 companies like Nike, Apple, Ford – just to name a few! Their customer service will make you feel at home from day one with their high-level expertise that can’t be matched by any other agency out there today.
Staffing Agency Red Flags
It is not always sunshine and roses when using staffing agencies; here are some red flags to look out for:
- The agency is pushy with you and does not allow enough time for you to consider your options.
- The staffing company does not provide job details or salary information before signing a contract.
- The client is very late with the final interview date, or they are constantly rescheduling/canceling interviews.
- The agency is not open with you about the number of positions they have available.
- The agency does not require background screenings before your first day of work.
How To Leave A Staffing Agency Gracefully?
If, after some time, it has become clear that the company is you signed up to is not the right fit, here are some ways to let the staffing agency know you are leaving:
- Talk to your recruiter directly and explain the situation.
- Give a two-week notice before leaving.
- Make sure to return all company property, such as laptop, phone, etc.
- Finish up any assigned tasks and projects.
- Thank the recruiter for their time and effort.
Interested In Getting Into HR Yourself?
Well, that’s great news! Let’s first take a look at the various positions you can apply for to which one suits you best with my HR Director Job Description, HR Generalist Job Description, HR Coordinator Job Description, HR Assistant Job Description, and my HR Business Partner Job Description.
Are you getting ready to study Human Resources? Then check out these excellent study guides and handbooks we found to help! Let’s begin with the aPHR Certification Study Guide: aPHR Study Guide & Practice Exam Questions for the Associate Professional in Human Resources Exam [Updated for Current Content, the PHR Study Guide 2020-2021: PHR Prep 2020 and 2023 and Practice Test Questions for the Professional in Human Resources Certification Exam, the aPHR Associate Professional in Human Resources Certification Practice Exams, or how about the PHR Study Guide 2023-2022 – PHR Test Prep Secrets for the Professional in Human Resources Certification, Practice Exam Questions, Detailed Answer Explanations all available online in 2023.
An all-inclusive study guide is the aPHR Associate Professional in Human Resources Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, which will have everything you need.
Already working in HR?
If you’re looking to improve your skills in HR, then we recommend A Guide to the Human Resource Body of Knowledge, The Essential HR Handbook, and the Human Resources Kit For Dummies, or perhaps The New HR Leader’s First 100 Days: How To Start Strong, Hit The Ground Running & ACHIEVE SUCCESS FASTER As, or The Big Book of HR, and of course the Human Resource Management Essentials You Always Wanted To Know (Self-Learning Management to help you excel at work.
Lastly, if you’re networking through Linkedin, then check out my Best Linkedin Recommendation Examples and Best Linkedin Profile Tips to get you started. As well as these online guides such as How to Write a KILLER LinkedIn Profile… And 18 Mistakes to Avoid, LinkedIn Riches: How To Use LinkedIn For Business, Sales and Marketing!, Ignite Your LinkedIn Profile, as of course, the ever-popular LinkedIn Profile Optimization For Dummies, and LinkedIn For Dummies also available today.
Staffing agencies provide an invaluable service for job seekers, connecting them with potential employers in many industries.
By doing your research and knowing what to look for, you can find the perfect staffing agency to help you find your dream job! Now you know the top staffing agencies, good luck with your job search!
All the very best in choosing your favorite Staffing Agency!