Big Lots is an American-based merchandise retail company. Big Lots was founded 53 years ago on December 13, 1967, in Columbia, Ohio, USA. The headquarters of Big Lots is in Columbia, USA. Big Lots has a total of 1400 stores in 47 states. The Company has been gaining rising popularity. Big Lots operated a wholesale division offering bulk merchandise. Its wholesale division was closed at the end of the 2013 fiscal year. Big Lots on July 19, 2011, announced that it had purchased Liquidation World Inc which is a Canadian closeout retailer operating in 89 locations. Big Lots deals in affordable options for furniture, decor, food, and a lot more.
The company offers a large number of jobs- both entry-level and professional level. Job seekers who seek out part-time or full-time employment opportunities at departmental stores may consider applying for jobs available in the Big Lots.
Big Lots operates from 8.00 am to 9.00 pm, Monday to Saturday, and from 9.00 am to 7.00 pm on Sundays. The minimum age of working at Big Lots is 16 years. Anyone above 16 years of age can apply for work in the company.
- Employment Opportunities Offered by Big Lots
- How to Search for Available Job Positions?
- How To Apply for Jobs at Big Lots Online?
- When Should You Follow Up After Applying?
- Responsibilities, Requirements, and Salary
- Benefits of Working at Big Lots
- What Do Other Employees Say About Working at Big Lots?
Employment Opportunities Offered by Big Lots
A variety of entry-level job placements like cashiers, stockers, are offered by Big Lots. Getting a job at the closeout chain is not very tough. The entry-level job seekers do not require any prior work experience. The company is always eager to hire individuals who are dedicated to providing quality customer service and motivated enough to work in a team.
Candidates seeking managerial posts are required to have up to three years of experience in retail management. Promotions and advance to management positions are provided by the company to those employees who work hard and deliver excellent service. Career aspirants who genuinely want to work and offer desired services that can help others should apply for work at Big Lots.
How to Search for Available Job Positions?
To search for job openings, follow the steps below:
- Go to the official website of Big Lots.
- Select the Careers option. You will be redirected to the careers page.
- Enter location or other keywords based on which you want to search for a job vacancy and then click on search.
- Click on View details and apply to read more information regarding the job post you want to apply for.
How To Apply for Jobs at Big Lots Online?
Follow the steps below to apply for jobs at Big Lots:
- After selecting the View details and apply, you will be navigated to a page having all the details regarding the job post.
- From there, click on Apply.
- You will then have to log in to your Big Lots account if you have any or register and create a new account.
- Provide all the necessary details, review your application, and then submit.
The application process should be completed meticulously and minutely with as much accuracy as possible. Complete the application thoroughly and avoid putting irrelevant information. Candidates applying for upper-level job postings are often required to provide their resumes.
When Should You Follow Up After Applying?
The applicants can very easily log in to their Big Lots account and view the progress status of their application. However, hiring procedures may vary from location to location. Usually, the hiring manager connects with the selected candidates through telephone calls or emails. Job seekers can either follow up via a phone call or can even visit the location of desired job placement after around two weeks of applying for the job if only they have not been contacted by the hiring manager.
Candidates should enquire about the application status only during slower business hours. Staying connected with the hiring managers is an effective way by which candidates can ensure proper consideration for a job with the department store which is popular.
Responsibilities, Requirements, and Salary
Big Lots offer a variety of job opportunities some of which includes:
- Cashiers at Big Lots are responsible for handling and operating the registers in the front of the store.
- Big Lots also expects their cashiers to possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Cashiers should also be able to work quickly to efficiently accommodate long lines of customers.
- The starting salary of a Cashier at Big Lots is $8 per hour.
- Store associates at Big Lots are responsible for performing several duties which include stocking shelves, unloading trucks, and also cashiering.
- The Store Associates should also have good organizational skills and a friendly attitude.
- The salary of a Store Associate is between $8 to $9 per hour.
- Managers are responsible for interviewing and hiring new crew members.
- The managers are also responsible for setting up weekly schedules.
- Managers should also ensure payroll maintenance.
- The managers should also maintain the cleanliness and take care of store safety.
- Big Lots prefers managers with persuasive skills. This helps in increasing sales and also meeting quotes.
- The salary of a Manager at Big Lots is around $40k.
Benefits of Working at Big Lots
Big Lots offer a lot of benefits of its employees which includes:
- Employees at Big Lots are provided with employment benefits including medical, dental, and vision.
- Big Lots also offers employees life insurance.
- The company also offers bonuses, rewards based on the service the employees provide.
- The employees are also provided with education assistance.
- Most of the employees also have the privilege to earn paid holidays and vacation and paid time off as well.
- Selected employees also enjoy other benefits plans like the 401(k) retirement plans and as well as both long and short-term disability.
What Do Other Employees Say About Working at Big Lots?
Employees enjoy the work atmosphere of the company. The co-workers are also very helpful and friendly and the employees work as a team. Most employees also say that they enjoy the flexible work schedules which help them focus on their personal life as well. Employees always appreciate great management. It is a fun place to work and employees also learn a lot in the process. Candidates must make the most of this opportunity and also look to build a long-term career with Big Lots.
- Top Customer Service Resume Objective Examples
- Medical Director Job Description
- Walgreens Interview Questions
- Sam’s Club Employee Discount
- Catherines Plus Sizes Application Online: Jobs & Career Info
- How to Write a Stay at Home Mom Resume?
- Did Disney buy Pornhub?
- Does McDonald’s Drug Test?
- How Long Does Shein Take to Ship? (2023 Guide)
- USPS Mail Handler