The role of a bookkeeper requires the candidate to maintain the financial and payroll information of the company and its employees. They are also required to collect debts, pay bills, run payroll, and submit the government forms with the most legit information. They have to provide information about sales tax payments, payroll deductions, and all other information about the finances. The bookkeeper also has to maintain the proper documentation of the exchanges of finances and provide the same information to the company.
Job Description – Bookkeeper
As a bookkeeper, the candidate has to perform proper tasks related to the finances of the company. They have to stay focused on the job and it requires a lot of effort and patience to create proper reports containing the most reliable information about the finances of the company. They have to be responsible for making the payments for taxes, salary, payroll deductions, debts, and bills.
Bookkeepers will also have to look for receivables around all the bank accounts and bank account management. They have to take care of the reconciliation of the tasks and manage the accounts properly. To excel at this job role as a bookkeeper, you have to maintain proper records of the finances and provide the most accurate information to the company and clients.
For this job role, the candidate has to complete the whole posting process and maintain the day-to-day transactions as per the directions of the company. You need to be good at problem-solving skills and report writing skills to create reports that contain all the information required by the company. This also requires the candidate to process checks and provide checks to the employees whenever required.
Job Responsibilities – Bookkeeper
- You have to keep a record of the day-to-day transactions and complete the whole process of posting the reports on the intranet for the higher authorities.
- They need to monitor the financial transactions and report them as per the requirements of the company.
- The bookkeeper also needs to process the payments and provide the checks to the company and clients.
- They have to understand the ledgers of the company.
- They have to handle the monthly payroll using accounting software.
- The bookkeeper also has to work for the accountant to assist them whenever necessary.
- They have to process the checks for the company and employees of the company.
- The bookkeeper also has to maintain a professional attitude and friendly behavior to help out the people around the company premises.
Job Requirements – Bookkeeper
- The candidate is required to have an associate’s degree in accounting or business administration. excellent knowledge of general accounting principles.
- They should hold a high school diploma or any relevant qualification.
- The bookkeeper should also have sound knowledge of bookkeeping software.
- They also need to have at least 2 years of bookkeeping experience, preferably within a business-services environment.
- They should also be excellent at their communication skills to maintain a business-service environment for the company.
- The bookkeeper should also have proper attention to detail with proper accuracy of work.
- They should also have proper experience with accounting software such as Xero, Quickbooks, or MYOB.
- The bookkeeper should also have the ability to prepare and review financial statements and provide information to the clients and company in words and reports.
Frequently Asked Questions
1 What’s the main role of a bookkeeper?
Ans. The main role of a bookkeeper is to maintain the proper information about the daily transactions of the company. They are also responsible for making checks and providing payments to the clients. They are also required to maintain a proper flow of money through various bank accounts as per the directions of the higher authorities.
2 Where to find a similar job role as a Bookkeeper in a reputed company?
Ans. To find a similar job role, you have to search the internet. There are plenty of job openings that are available on websites that help candidates get in contact with employers. All you have to do is create your profile and add your skillset. This will also help the candidate to find job opportunities that fit their skill set and also the requirements of the companies.
3 What skills do you require for this job role?
Ans. For the job role of a bookkeeper, the candidate has to maintain proper reports on the finances of the company. They also have to take care of the cash flow and the flow of money throughout the chain in a properly maintained way. They are also required to have good organizational skills for that, and you should have sound knowledge of report writing and all the other bookkeeping software.
These are important for the role of a bookkeeper. Other than that, you also need a degree in BA and at least 2 or more years of experience working as a bookkeeper for a reputed company.