- About Del Taco Restaurants Inc.
- Preparing For An Interview
- Commonly Asked Interview Questions
- Q1. Tell me about yourself.
- Q2: What can you tell us about Del Taco?
- Q3. What makes you want to work for “Del Taco”?
- Q4: What are your strengths and weaknesses that make you a strong fit for this position with Del Taco?
- Q5: How would you deal with an upset customer?
- Q6: Are you a team player?
- Q7: Are you willing to work overtime or odd hours?
- Q8: Why did you leave your last job?
- Q9: Why should we hire you?
- Q10: Do you have any questions for us?
- General Rules For Preparing The Interview
About Del Taco Restaurants Inc.
- It is an American fast-food restaurant chain.
- It specializes in American cuisine and American-style Mexican cuisines, such as tacos, nachos, quesadillas, shakes, burgers, lemonades, and fries.
- The company is led by CEO John D. Cappasola Jr.
- The company is headquartered in lake forest, California.
- It was founded in 1964.
- It operates more than 500 stores in the US.
Preparing For An Interview
There are few open-ended questions, which are sure to come up during your interview. Lack of preparation for these questions could very well cost you the job. So here we have listed a few of these probing questions to help you prepare for your upcoming interview.
Remember, one of the most important things is to be honest while answering, otherwise, it will show. The idea at the back of the interview is to find the best and most qualified candidate and one that will best fit in with its culture. Still, having any doubt? Scroll the questions and prepare yourself to crack the interview!
Commonly Asked Interview Questions
Q1. Tell me about yourself.
Ans: It’s one of the most common and tricky job interview questions. Whenever the interviewer throws this open-ended question, you should offer an insight into your goals and priorities, which will give him a better sense of your candidature. Be concise. You need to focus on what you are and what you want to represent. You should also ensure you are speaking to the point and not revealing too much personal information. Most interviewers are not comfortable listening to tales from personal lives.
Q2: What can you tell us about Del Taco?
Ans: Details provided at the beginning of the post will help you to answer this question perfectly.
Q3. What makes you want to work for “Del Taco”?
Ans: Before you answer this question, make sure you have a clear understanding of why you want to work for them. The right way to prepare for this question is to research the company beforehand and go through everything you can, past, present, and future. Here you should describe how your past experience has prepared you to work for Del taco. You should also mention any achievements you may have in this line of business.
Q4: What are your strengths and weaknesses that make you a strong fit for this position with Del Taco?
Ans: This is the question that generally makes most candidates freeze up. Make sure that your strengths are provable and are in sync with your background, and experience. Regarding your weaknesses, think about areas of opportunity instead. These are areas that you are actively working on at present to improve yourself. However, try not to highlight any immutable personality flaws. Talk only about the areas of opportunity that can be improved upon with practice, and coaching.
Q5: How would you deal with an upset customer?
Ans: Take note that conversations with upset customers require a blend of thoughtful planning and composure under pressure.
The following are few best tips for dealing with an upset customer:
- Have the accurate attitude
- Listen first to the customer
- Adopt a calm persona
- Acknowledge feelings
- Work toward tangible concerns
- Identify the appropriate remedy
- Show gratitude
- Wrap Up
Q6: Are you a team player?
Ans: YES! That is what you have to say! And be ready with examples to validate. Mention situations or scenarios that prove you have performed for the good of the team rather than for yourself. This would be a great confirmation of your team attitude. If you are a fresher, it would be better to describe your efforts as teamwork when you did your projects in academics.
Q7: Are you willing to work overtime or odd hours?
Ans: Be completely honest with this question. Don’t lie to get the job if you’re not going to work the hours required.
Q8: Why did you leave your last job?
Ans: Of course the interviewer will want to know the reasons for leaving your current job, especially if you have been at the company for less than a year. If you can’t give solid reasons for this question, it might indicate to the interviewer that you are not really serious about looking for a new job. You really need to have a clear idea of why you want to leave.
Q9: Why should we hire you?
Ans: Don’t panic. The interviewer is looking for a brief summary of reasons stating why you believe you would be a perfect fit for the job. The main points you should include in your answer to this question are:
- You are well qualified for the role
- You can deliver results
- Try and fit perfectly in with the team
Validate by giving examples from your past experiences.
Q10: Do you have any questions for us?
Ans: Be ready with a few questions to ask the interviewer. Here are few sample questions to help you prepare:
- What do you like best about working with Del Taco?
- What are the company’s strategic goals and objectives?
- Can you please describe the company’s culture in more detail?
- How will success be defined for this position offered to me?
- Do you have any advice for me?
General Rules For Preparing The Interview
Be ready with the following, before appearing for the interview:
- Know your strengths, weaknesses, skills, and career goals
- Have scenarios and accomplishments prepared because you will be asked situational questions
- What do you have to offer the company that is different from any other candidates?
- Know why you choose this field and what you have learned with your experiences
Know the employer
- Research the organization and position offered
- Know why you want to work for “Del Taco”
- Ask for a complete job description to help you understand the position better
Read more: How Much Does Taco Bell Pay?
Make sure that all your answers are completely tailored to the job you are interviewing for. So take your time, stay positive and motivated, do some research about the company, prepare all your answers accordingly, have that elevator pitch ready with you, and get hired.
- Can a Felon Travel to Europe?
- How Old Do You Have to be to Work at AT&T?
- $20 An Hour Is How Much A Year?
- K&G Fashion Superstore Application Online: Jobs & Career Info
- Does Costco Refill Ink Cartridges? (Full Guide)
- Arrived at Hub USPS Meaning
- Can a 16-Year-Old Work at an Animal Shelter?
- Will a Juvenile Felony Show Up on a Background Check?
- How Much Does An Emissions Test Cost?
- Target Shoplifting Policy (2023 Updated)