Delta Air Lines is a major airline based in the USA. It is also a legacy carrier in the US. Delta Air Lines was founded on March 2, 1925, in Macon, Georgia and then it moved to Monroe, Louisiana in summer 1925. The headquarters of Delta Air Lines is in Atlanta, Georgia. Delta Air Lines acquired Northeast Airlines in 1972.
Delta Air Lines operates more than 5,400 flights daily. It trips to about 325 destinations in 52 countries on six continents. Delta Air Lines has also contributed to the foundation of the SkyTeam airline alliance.
The air line is considered to be the world’s largest airline in terms of the number of scheduled passengers that are been carried, revenue passenger kilometers flown, and size of the fleet. Delta Air Lines ranks number 69th on the Fortune 500.
Atlanta is the largest among the nine hubs of Delta Air Lines measured in terms of a total number of passengers and a total number of departures. The company is actively hiring over 80,000 international employees. It announces job vacancies regularly. The Company focuses to offer equal opportunity to both national and international employees. Anyone dedicated to building their career in the airline industry must consider applying at Delta Air Lines for work.
The hour of operation in the com varies by position and airport. Anyone above the age of 21 can apply for work at Delta Air Lines.
- How to search for job openings in Delta Air Lines?
- How to apply for jobs in Delta Air Lines?
- Follow up and application status
- Employment opportunities offered by Delta Air Lines
- Responsibilities, Requirements, and Salary
- Benefits of working at Delta Air Lines
How to search for job openings in Delta Air Lines?
To search for job openings and vacancies follow the steps below:
- Go to the official website of the company.
- From the top, select the Search Jobs tab. You will be redirected to a page.
- The page will show all the job openings available. According to your choice select the title of the job you would want to apply for.
- You will be navigated to another page that will show all the details regarding the job post.
How to apply for jobs in Delta Air Lines?
Follow the steps below to apply for jobs.
- After going to the Search Jobs page, select Apply under the job title according to your choice.
- You will then have to log in to your account. If you don’t have any, register and create a new account.
- Enter all the details asked for, review your application, and submit.
Follow up and application status
After submitting the application form you will need to set up an interview with the manager. Selected candidates are contacted by the hiring managers within a week. However, applicants can simply log in to their accounts to view the progress status of their application. The hiring process takes around a few weeks but sometimes may even take few months if the position needs relocation.
Employment opportunities offered by Delta Air Lines
Delta Air Lines offer a large number of both entry-level and upper-level job opportunities to several employees.
Applicants for entry-level jobs having prior experience of work in the customer service sector are highly preferred by the company. However, a past experience of work is not always required for all entry-level posts.
Employees living near one of the eight hubs of Delta Air Lines in North America are highly preferred. The company is always on the lookout for employees who can live near the airport. The employees must be able to perform their duties with a flexible schedule. Employees are required to be able to work during weekends and vacations too.
If the candidates are selected to work for in-flight jobs, they are required to complete a training course for a duration of eight weeks. Employees during the training period are offered both food and lodging. The employees are taught about their job responsibilities and duties and their dress code during the training program.
Responsibilities, Requirements, and Salary
Responsibilities and salary of some of the job positions are-
- Delta Air Lines prefers candidates who are friendly, extroverted, and outgoing.
- The Flight attendants should interact, assist and help the passengers and ensure their security.
- The management also expects flight attendants to serve meals to the passengers.
- Candidates must have a high school diploma or any equivalent degree.
- The applicants must be above 18 years of age.
- The salary of a flight attendant is around $60k per year.
Airport Customer Service Agent
- Candidates having past experience in working as a customer service agent is highly preferable.
- The duties of an Airport Customer service agent include answering phone calls and selling tickets. The customer service agents are also responsible for promoting airline services.
- The average salary of an Airport Customer Service Agent is around $39k per year.
Benefits of working at Delta Air Lines
Delta Air Lines offers numerous benefits to its employees. Some of them include-
- The company offers medical coverage to its employees.
- Employees are provided with term life insurance.
- The company offers dental coverage to the employees.
- Employees enjoy the benefits of vision plans.
- The company also offers disability coverage for the employees.
- Employees enjoy employment benefit plans like 401(k) retirement plans.
- The management also offers flexible spending accounts Employee Assistance Program.
- The employees are provided with competitive salary options.
- The management also offers free and discounted flights.
- Employees can earn paid time off and paid vacations.
- The management also provides healthcare coverage and travel discounts to part-time employees.
- Employees can also enjoy personal time off.
- The company also allows maternity leaves.
- Delta Air Lines also offers discounts on various products and services to the employees.
- Tuition reimbursement is also available.
- Delta Air Lines also offers the employees and their families worldwide travel benefits at a low cost.
Employees love working at Delta Air Lines. They also get the opportunity to advance and grow. The employees enjoy several employment benefits including high job security and also flexible schedules. The management also appreciates good staff behavior and communication. The employees also love the great pay offers. Working at Delta Air Lines is totally worth the time investment. Candidates must ensure they give their best in the interview and also stay confident while answering difficult questions.