Have you ever looked at your passport and thought, “Wow, I really don’t look like that anymore”?
It’s a common problem and one that can cause no end of headaches at the airport. Well, it means it is that time again! Time to update your picture from that horrifically awkward phase you went through in high school.
But where do you go? The post office? Nah, too mainstream. CVS? But, Does CVS Take Passport Photos? Well, let’s find out!
How Often Do You Need To Renew Your Passport Picture?
The answer, unfortunately, is not as simple as we would like. Generally speaking, your passport photo needs to be updated every ten years.
However, if you underwent a significant change in appearance during that time (such as gaining or losing a significant amount of weight, growing, or shaving facial hair, etc.), then you may need to renew your photo more frequently.
Airports don’t take excuses!
Of course, the best way to avoid any problems at the airport is to make sure your photo is always up to date. And if you’re not sure whether or not it is, it’s always better to err on the side of caution and get a new one. After all, passports are expensive enough without having to pay for a last-minute replacement!
What Are The Requirements For A Passport Picture?
When getting a passport photo, there are only two things you need to concern yourself with: making sure that the photo is of your lovely face and making sure that it meets the requirements set by the U.S. Department of State. As long as those two things are in order, you’re good to go!
Guidelines to follow:
- Make sure that the photo is taken against a white or off-white background. This will help ensure that your face is visible and that the photo meets the requirements for passport photos.
- You need to be facing the camera directly and make sure that your eyes are open and visible.
- Ensure that there is no glare on the photo – either from the flash or from the sun.
- Your hair cannot be covering your face, and there cannot be any objects obscuring your features.
- You should not be wearing sunglasses, a hat, or any other type of head covering (unless it is for religious reasons).
- You cannot be wearing anything that could be considered distracting, such as jewelry or a colorful scarf.
- No filters! This means no Snapchat filters, no Instagram filters, and no fun!
- It should be 2×2 inches square.
- Only color photos are allowed.
- It should be taken within the last six months.
What Is CVS?
CVS is a pharmacy chain that sells prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, cosmetics, and other health and beauty products. The company was founded in 1963 and is headquartered in Rhode Island. There are over 9,000 stores across the United States, and they employ more than 200,000 people.
The company is the largest provider of prescriptions in the country and is one of the largest retailers of beauty products. CVS is a publicly traded company, and its shares are listed on the New York Stock Exchange. They are one of the most successful companies in the United States, and its pharmacies can be found in almost every state.
Does CVS Take Passport Photos?
The answer is yes – CVS pharmacy takes passport photos! It’s one of the most popular places to get them taken. They offer a wide range of services, and passport photos are just one of them. When you visit for yours, you can expect to receive a high-quality image that meets all the requirements. Plus, CVS offers competitive pricing and convenient locations, making it a great option for anyone in need of a passport photo.
How Much Does It Cost?
The price is $14.99 for two passport photos. If you need additional photos, they cost $2.99 each. However, you can often find discounts online. For example, CVS typically offers a 3% discount when you pay with the CVS ExtraCare card.
Do All Locations Offer Passport Photos?
Most locations offer the service, but there are a few that do not. To be sure, you can call the store ahead of time or check the CVS website. When searching for a location on the website, simply select “Passport Photos” from the drop-down menu. This will bring up a list of all the stores in your area that offer passport photos.
How Long Does It Take?
The process is quick and easy! CVS typically takes about 15 minutes to complete the passport photo, which is excellent if you have left it to the last minute. You can also book an appointment online ahead of time. This is recommended if you are visiting during a busy time, such as the weekends.
What Will You Need?
When you go to get your passport photo taken at CVS, you won’t need anything. However, it is always a good idea to look at the requirements for your passport beforehand, just in case the photo needs to meet specific requirements.
Can You Order Passport Photos Online?
No, CVS does not offer the option to order passport photos online. They are only available in-store.
Does CVS Print Passport Photos?
Yes, CVS prints passport photos. They are one of the few stores that still offer this service. Most stores have switched to digital photos, but CVS still offers the option to get your passport photo printed. The price is $0.33 per photo.
Tips On How To Get A Good Passport Picture
Anyone who has ever been through the process of getting a passport knows that looking good in your passport photo is no easy feat. The bright lights and harsh angles can be unforgiving, and it can be all too easy to end up with a less-than-flattering result. However, there are a few steps you can take to help ensure that you look your best.
- Try to relax and keep a natural expression; tense muscles and grimacing will only make you look uncomfortable.
- Smile with your eyes! This will help brighten up your face.
- Choose clothing that contrasts well with your skin tone; a white shirt may wash you out, while a black shirt may blend in too much.
- Make sure your hair is styled and out of your face; you don’t want your hair to obscure your features.
- Check your light sources; you don’t want any harsh shadows or glare in your photo.
- When wearing makeup, concentrate on your base and avoid bright or dark colors. You want to look more airbrushed and less party.
- Don’t forget to practice! The more you prepare, the better your chances of getting a great passport photo.
Where Else Can I Get Passport Photos Taken?
If you can’t get to your nearest CVS, then you’ll want to know Does Walmart Take Passport Photos, as well as Does Costco Take Passport Photos, and perhaps Can A Felon Get A Passport if you’ve had some trouble in 2023.
Secondly, we move on to additional services CVS has to offer that you might want to know about, such as Does CVS Do Money Orders, Does CVS Offer Cash Back, and Does CVS Take Apple Pay, along with Does CVS Sell Stamps if you’re posting off a parcel.
If you’re planning a dinner party, then you’ll probably be wondering, Does CVS Sell Alcohol, or make sure what you’re looking for has hit the shelves with When Does CVS Restock, or in case you’re curious, check out Why Are CVS And Walgreens Always Together?
Does CVS Take Passport Photos? – Final Thoughts
CVS is a great option for anyone in need of a passport photo. They offer high-quality photos at a competitive price, and the process is quick and easy. Plus, you can often find discounts online. So, if you’re looking for a passport photo, be sure to check out the famous pharmacy!
Happy Snapping at your local CVS!