Picture this scene: You’re driving along, and suddenly you hear a loud “pop!” You pull over to the side of the road and discover that you have a flat tire. Or maybe you hit a pothole, and now your wheel is leaking air. Now you’re faced with the question, “Should I change it myself or take it to a mechanic?”
If you’re like most people, you might not know how to change a tire. And even if you do, it’s a hassle. You have to get the jack out from the trunk of your car, find a level spot to park on, and then figure out how to actually use the jack. If it’s your first time changing one, it can take hours. Plus, you have to pay for a new tire. All of this can be quite costly and time-consuming.
So, what’s the alternative? Does Walmart Fix Flat Tires? Well, let’s find out…
- What Does Walmart Offer?
- Does Walmart Fix Flat Tires – How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Change A Tire
- Tips For Keeping Your Tires In Good Shape
- Got More Than A Flat Tire On Your Car?
- Does Walmart Fix Flat Tires – Final Thoughts
What Does Walmart Offer?
The superstore offers a variety of automotive services, including tire installation and repair. They have a wide selection of tires to choose from, so you’re sure to find one that fits your car and your budget. Plus, they offer a convenient online tool that can help you find the right one for your vehicle.
In most cases, they can fix your tire quickly and relatively cheaply, which is great news when you are caught with an unexpected flat!
Does Walmart Fix Flat Tires – How Much Does It Cost?
The cost of fixing your wheel at Walmart will depend on the type of repair that is needed. If you have a small puncture, they may be able to patch your tire for free.
However, most repairs for tubeless tires cost around $15. They repair to the Rubber Manufacturers Association standards, which means your wheels will be as good as new. If you need a new one, they offer a variety of competitively priced options.
What is the Rubber Manufacturers Association?
The Rubber Manufacturers Association (RMA) is the national trade association for tire manufacturers that produce tires in the United States. RMA members account for about three-quarters of the tires produced in the U.S. They have strict regulations to maintain high safety levels.
How Long Does It Take to Fix Flat Tires?
The time it takes to fix a flat tire will depend on the type of repair that is needed.
For example, a small puncture can often be patched in just a few minutes. However, if you need a new tire, it may take up to an hour to install. It also depends on what time of day it is and how busy the auto center is. You may have to queue for a few hours before being seen, so best grab a coffee while you wait!
What Are The Other Options to Fix Flat Tires?
If you’re looking for an alternative to fixing your flat tire at the superstore, there are a few other options.
- You could take your car to a nearby tire shop. This is usually more expensive than fixing it at Walmart, but it may be more convenient if you don’t live close to a Walmart store.
- You could change your tire yourself. This is only recommended if you know how to do it properly and have all the necessary tools. Otherwise, you could end up doing more harm than good.
What Other Automotive Services Does Walmart Offer?
In addition to tire installation and repair, Walmart also offers several other automotive services. These include oil changes, battery testing and installation, brake service, and more. You can find a complete list of their automotive services on the Walmart website.
How To Change A Tire
If you’re stranded with a flat, you’ll need to know how to change it.
- First, you’ll need to find a level spot to park your car. Once you’ve found a safe place to park, turn on your hazard lights and put your car in park.
- Next, find the jack and lug wrench in your trunk. You’ll need to use the lug wrench to loosen the lug nuts on your wheel. Once the lug nuts are loose, you can use the jack to lift your car up and remove the wheel.
- Finally, put the spare tire on and tighten the lug nuts. Lower your car back down to the ground and give the lug nuts a final tightening. You’re now ready to hit the road!
Tips For Keeping Your Tires In Good Shape
To avoid getting stranded, it’s important to keep your tires in good condition.
Here are a few tips:
- Check your tire pressure regularly and inflate them to the recommended PSI.
- Inspect your wheels (and really your whole car) for any signs of damage, such as cracks or bulges.
- Have your tires rotated and balanced every 5,000 miles.
- If you live in an area with harsh winters, consider getting winter tires. They are much safer and will last longer in the conditions.
- Make sure to always keep a spare in your trunk. You never know when you might need it.
- Check your car’s owner’s manual for more specific maintenance recommendations.
Keeping your tires in good shape will not only help you avoid a flat, but it will also improve your fuel efficiency and make your car safer to drive, a win-win!
Got More Than A Flat Tire On Your Car?
No problem, Take a look at other car services at Walmart, such as Does Walmart Do Wheel Alignments, Does Walmart Replace Brake Pads, or perhaps you’d like to know How Much Is An Oil Change At Walmart, and if you’re buying a new battery, learn more about the Walmart Everstart Battery Warranty, as well as the Walmart Car Battery Return Policy for 2023.
But that’s not all! You might also want to know more about the Walmart Vision Center Hours, along with Does Walmart Repair Glasses, and Does Walmart Pierce Ears for a makeover, or how about Does Walmart have a Coinstar for your loose change, and Does Walmart Make Keys if you’ve lost yours.
Lastly, if you’re not happy with your purchase or delivery, check out the Walmart Return Policy Without Receipt, the Walmart Return Policy Without Box Or Opened Box, and for your electronics, the Walmart TV Return Policy, Walmart Video Game Return Policy, and finally, the Walmart Computer And Laptop Return Policy.
Does Walmart Fix Flat Tires – Final Thoughts
While Walmart may not be the first place you think of when you have a flat tire, it can actually be a great option.
So, if you’re ever in a pinch with a flat tire, remember that Walmart can fix it for you – quickly and affordably. Just be sure to keep your tires in good shape to avoid getting stranded with a flat in the first place!
Enjoy getting your car serviced at Walmart!