DSW or the Designer Shoe Warehouse offers a massive range of accessories and shoes for fashion enthusiasts, women, men, and kids. It was founded in 1969 and is consistently expanding its network. DSW hires individuals to build their careers with the company and offers various job roles for entry-level job positions.
If you want to grow your career with DSW, you can visit its career portal and find various job roles. Besides, we have summarized various job vacancies available at DSW with the job overview, salary, benefits, duties, and much more offered by the retail chain.
- Operational Hours and Work Schedule at DSW
- Job Prospects at DSW
- The Job Positions Available at DSW
- The Online Job Application Process of DSW
- Checking Job Application Status for DSW
- Benefits and Perks While Working at DSW
- Additional Details of DSW
Operational Hours and Work Schedule at DSW
DSW employs applicants with a minimum age of 18 while going through the employment process. The business hours and shift schedules available at DSW are as follows:
- Monday to Saturday: 10:00 a.m. to 09:00 p.m.
- Sunday: 10:00 a.m. to 05:00 p.m.
Job Prospects at DSW
DSW hires candidates consistently to fill up the vacant positions. It looks for entry-level workers passionate and possesses knowledge of shoe market trends and fashion retail. The candidates with previous employment in the customer service or retail industry may get potentiality for managerial-level positions. Applicants initiating their careers in the retail sector can benefit from leadership seminars and paid training. Employees aware of the company’s functions and policies may get to management roles.
The Job Positions Available at DSW
DSW opens up various job vacancies, including Regional Loss Prevention Managers, Merchandise Planners, Financial Reporting Analysts, QA Analysts, Planning Analysts, and Associate Buyers. In addition, it also offers Copywriters, Operations Managers, Merchandise Managers, Merchandise Processors, Merchandise Handlers, Receiving Associates, and Shipping Associates.
Besides, there are various job roles for Sales Support Managers, Store Managers, Assistant Store Managers, Sales Support Associates, and Sales Associates positions. the most required job posts at DSW are as follows:
- Sales Associates at DSW are responsible for replenishing stock when required, maintaining the cleanliness of the stores, and providing change when needed.
- They are also responsible for ringing up guests ideally, promoting rewards programs, assisting customers, and greeting guests or customers.
- They usually earn around $09.00 to $10.00 per hour at DSW.
- Stock Associates usually work in back rooms, supervising the inventory flow.
- They should know basic math and should have organizational skills.
- They are responsible for operating handheld equipment, promoting general housekeeping responsibilities and duties, and processing inventory shipments.
- Their duties also include setting displays fixing product’s prices, stocking sales floors, and maintaining the back room’s organization.
- They are also responsible for bending, squatting, reaching, or standing during their duties at DSW.
- They usually earn around $09.00 per hour at DSW.
- Assistant Managers are responsible for taking orders from Store Managers, performing inventory checks, processing shipments, and training and hiring new talent.
- Their duties also include offering positive reinforcement to the employees, providing feedback, meeting promotional and sales goals.
- They also need to respond to patrons’ complaints quickly.
- They usually get a salary package of $38k per year at DSW.
The Online Job Application Process of DSW
If you want career advancement in the retail industry, you should consider applying for a job position at DSW. The company opens various job roles for the potential that they can explore and use according to their preference. DSW is open for multiple part-time and full-time capacities.
DSW’s online job application process is as follows:
- The candidates should go to DSW’s official online platform.
- Tap on the search bar that appeared here to enter your preferred keyword. You can enter your desired DSW location or keyword in the input field and tap on the “Search Jobs” tab.
- DSW’s job listing will appear here.
- You can find many job roles vacant at DSW. Choose the job type or title you want to apply for at DSW.
- You will now view the job description of the position you clicked at.
- Read the complete information of the job position carefully before applying for a job at DSW.
- You will view the “Online Application” tab here. Click on it to fill up the required details.
- You should fill up all the required details carefully and correctly to get consideration for DSW’s job role.
- Submit your job application form to DWS after reviewing it thoroughly and checking errors.
Checking Job Application Status for DSW
DSW usually sends a confirmation e-mail about the submission of the job application form. Besides, DSW’s hiring staff contact qualified candidates within a week to fill up the vacant job positions quickly. Hence, the candidates should wait for DSW to contact them and should avoid contact the hiring personnel.
Benefits and Perks While Working at DSW
Part-time and full-time DSW employees usually receive the following comprehensive job benefits:
- DSW employees receive long-term and short-term disability coverage with life insurance and flexible spending accounts.
- They also receive prescription drugs with dental and vision coverage from DSW.
- Qualified DSW employees also benefit from paid holidays, paid time off, employee discounts, and 401 (K) retirement plans.
Additional Details of DSW
DSW follows a three-tire sustainable policy to demonstrate commitment to society. The procedure is concerned with materials, waste, and energy to reduce shoe store's overall carbon footprint. Besides, it uses LED lamps to implement a lighting design to save energy. It also reinforces recycling policies at each store locations to reduce the waste output. Every DSW store location is committed to sustainability by using the recycled materials to make bricks and carpets.
DSW, the Designer Brands' flagship retail brand, offers a massive range of dresses, footwear, and accessories. This American company is also called Designer Brands that operate widely in the footwear industry. It is headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, and has over 500 store locations, primarily in Canada and the United States.
With more than 12,600 employees working, it hires consistently to fulfill the staff requirements at its store locations. The candidates looking to join DSW can visit its job portable and find various job opportunities updated by this well-known retailer. The DSW's online job application process is provided above to follow and submit your job application to the company.