Federal Express Corporation or FedEx is a multinational delivery service company based in America. The headquarters of the company is located in Memphis, Tennessee. FedEx is popular for its air delivery services. The company was founded in 1971 in Little Rock, Arkansas by Frederick W. Smith.
The company is also one of the top contractors of the US government. The main hub of the company for its air delivery services is Memphis International Airport. The company shifts around 3.9 billion packages every business day through its incredible delivery services. The company had over 600,000 employees as of 2020 and never fails to appear in the Fortune magazine as one of the best companies to work for in the US.
The business operates from 7:00 am to 11:00 am, from Monday to Friday, and from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm on Saturdays and Sundays. The minimum age to work at the company is 18 years old. The company offers various employment opportunities to job seekers that include- customer service, delivery driver, manager, courier, safety manager, QA clerk, and package handler. The company is ever-growing and is always on the lookout for dedicated and talented individuals to join its team and help improve their quality of service. If you are willing to build your career in a Multi-National company, you must consider applying for work at FedEx.
How To Search for Jobs at FedEx?
To search for jobs available at the company, follow the steps below.
1 You will first have to visit the official page of the company and select your country.
2 Go to the Careers page from the website.
3 Search for the jobs you wish to apply for by filtering out using relevant keywords. You can also search for jobs by the location you prefer.
4 You will then be taken to a page that lists all the jobs available. Click on the job title to read more about the post.
How to Apply for The Jobs at FedEx Online?
1 You will first have to visit the official page of the company.
2 Go to the Careers page from the website.
3 Then search for the jobs you wish to apply for by filtering out using relevant keywords. You can also search for jobs by the location you prefer to work in.
4 You will then be taken to a page that lists all the jobs available. Select Click to Apply if you want to apply for the job or click on the job title to read more about the post.
5 Select Apply to apply for the job.
6 You will then have to log in to your account at FedEx. If you do not have an account, you will need to register and create a new account to apply for the job post.
7 Fill out the application form with all the details necessary. Review your application and submit it.
Reviewing The Application Status and Following Up
The candidates can log in to their accounts to view the status of the progress of their applications. The hiring manager contacts the selected candidates within a week or two and invites them for an interview. Selected candidates should come to the interview dressed properly.
The applicants can also enquire about the status of their application over phone calls or even by visiting the store in person. However, applicants should opt for visiting the stores during slow business hours to avoid any inconvenience. The resumes of the candidates are kept active in the database for a year.
Employment Opportunities Offered by FedEx
The company offers several employment opportunities in both entry-level and upper-level positions for job seekers. The company provides a safe and diverse environment that helps the employees to learn, grow and succeed. Anybody above the age of 18 years can apply for a job at the company. Some jobs require prior experience and others do not. Some of the jobs readily available at almost all locations include-
- Package handlers are responsible for ensuring careful and timely shipments of the packages.
- These package handlers also need to load and unload trucks. Thus, they must be able to lift and move heavy objects.
- The salary of a package handler ranges between $9 and $14 per hour.
- Couriers are responsible for operating large vehicles.
- They are also responsible for inspecting and tracking the shipments.
- Couriers are required to attend to the customers and answer their questions.
- The couriers should also ensure that there has been a proper completion of the paperwork and labeling.
- Couriers must be able to lift and move heavy objects of at least 75lbs. They must also pass all the required health exams to get hired.
- The starting salary of a courier is around $14 per hour and may increase up to $25
- The customer representatives are responsible for attending to customer inquiries and solve their problems.
- Customer representatives are also required to sell over phone calls.
- There is also no compulsion of having prior experience for getting hired as a customer representative.
- Candidates who have a high school diploma and also possess basic computer skills are highly preferred.
- Candidates who are able to work with flexible schedules are also favored more.
- Customer representatives must also have a good knowledge of company products, pricing, services, supplies, pickup, delivery, solutions, and scheduling.
- The salary of a customer representative ranges from $24k and $45k per year.
- Assistant managers are responsible for assisting and supervising the team members.
- Assistant managers are responsible for interviewing the applicants and training the employees.
- Managers should also solve customer problems.
- Other duties of an assistant manager include tracking and inspecting the shipments, assessing the shipment services, ordering and receiving inventory.
- Assistant managers must be able to stand for long periods of time. They must also be able to lift and move heavy objects.
- Assistant managers must possess strong communication skills. They must be able to perform well even under pressure.
- Assistant managers must have a high school diploma, one year of experience, and meet all other conditions required for getting hired.
- The salary of an assistant manager ranges between $30k and $80k per year.