One of the most prominent general store banners, Fred’s, operates with more than 5,000 workers in the South-eastern United States. It deals with everyday household products, apparel, beauty and health products, and a lot more variety of merchandise.
The sale of tobacco and in-store tobacco items at its various locations also helps Fred’s stand apart from the rest in the competitive market. The candidates willing to join the general store sector should go through Fred’s official platform and know the company’s current job roles. They can easily find various positions in various Fred’s locations.
Besides, we have described the complete recruitment process of Fred’s with the job position it offers, online job application submission, benefits, future scope, duties, job summary, and much more provided by the known store brand.
- Operational Hours and Work Schedule at Fred’s
- Job Prospects at Fred’s
- The Job Positions Available at Fred’s
- The Online Job Application Process of Fred’s
- Checking Job Application Status for Fred’s
- Benefits and Perks While Working at Fred’s
- Additional Details of Fred’s
Operational Hours and Work Schedule at Fred’s
Fred’s review application forms of candidates with at least 18 years while going through the recruitment process. The duty timings and business hours of Fred’s are as follows:
- Monday to Saturday: 10:00 a.m. to 09:00 p.m.
- Sunday: 10:00 a.m. to 06:00 p.m.
Job Prospects at Fred’s
Fred’s specializes in offering numerous deals on everyday products for which requires employing energetic workers to assist customers with their buying requirements. They are also responsible for helping and completing other maintenance tasks of Fred’s store locations.
Entry-level capacities, such as Store Associates and Cashiers, are the ideal options for candidates without previous experience and learn superior customer service skills. Besides, the qualifications required for entry-level job positions are minimal. While experienced candidates usually rise into management roles through the future growth options offered by Fred’s.
The Job Positions Available at Fred’s
Fred’s offers recruitment opportunities to job seekers by providing various job roles, including Store Managers, Assistant Managers, Cashiers, Sales Associates, and Retail Clerks. The job positions readily available at Fred’s are as follows:
Stockers or Cashiers
- These roles are responsible for assisting and greeting customers, maintain and cleaning checkout aisles, and finalizing transactions.
- They are also responsible for issuing change, taking payments, and scanning items.
- They should also perform the duties of Stockers to retrieve carts from the parking area and maintain adequate product levels.
- Fred’s usually offers a minimum wage to Stockers or Cashiers initially.
- These roles include Store Managers and Operations Experts positions.
- Operations Experts are responsible for performing additional administrative tasks assigned and offering superior customer service skills.
- They are also responsible for overseeing the cleanliness of Fred’s store locations, supervising employees, and assisting Store Managers.
- Fred’s usually offers around $8.50 to $10.00 per hour to management-level employees.
- Store Managers usually earn around $40k to $50k per annum at Fred’s.
- These Fred’s technicians are responsible for maintaining cleanliness at the pharmacy, issuing filled medicine containers, and operating cash registers.
- They are also responsible for answering customers’ questions and taking prescription information.
- They are usually responsible for working at the department’s front end.
- Fred’s usually offers around $10.00 to $11.00 to Pharmacy technicians.
The Online Job Application Process of Fred’s
Fred’s extends career advancement opportunities to deserving and eligible candidates by updating the current job posts at its employment portal. You can follow this guide to complete your Fred’s online job application process by filling it and submitting it to the company.
- The candidates need to visit Fred’s official online platform and go to the career page.
- Tap on the “Learn More” tab that appeared on the career page and tap on the “Pharmacy Opportunities” or “Store Opportunities” to check the related job openings.
- The candidates should enter any category they want to search for the jobs for Fred’s, including ZIP code, state, city, or job post. You can also tap on the “View all Jobs” to check the complete job listing of Fred’s.
- Tap on the career opportunity or job post you want to apply for at Fred’s to read the job summary.
- Upload your CV or Resume and tap on the “Continue” tab.
- You should fill up the complete information by tapping on the “Your Information” tab.
- Tap on the “Submit” tab to complete Fred’s online job application form process.
Checking Job Application Status for Fred’s
Fred’s usually takes less than a month to complete the hiring process. Eligible candidates often hear back from Fred’s within a week after they submit their job application forms. The candidate who does not get revert from Fred’s can follow-up with Fred’s to find their employment status. They can also visit Fred’s store locations and meet hiring personnel to find employment with the general store brand.
Benefits and Perks While Working at Fred’s
Fred’s offer the following job benefits to its employees:
- Employees usually receive paid time off, 401 (K) retirement plans, stock sharing programs, vision insurance plans with vision, dental, and medical coverage plans from Fred’s.
- Fred’s also offers flexible duty scheduling and employee discount days many times per year.
- Employee benefits packages often vary by job position at Fred’s.
- Entry-level employees are required to work for specific hours before getting eligibility to get job benefits.
Additional Details of Fred’s
Fred’s offers various shopping perks to retain loyal customers. These perks include access to special deals through loyalty cards, weekly discounts, and free blood pressure screenings.
Fred’s, also offer education programs and host monthly customer appreciation days through in-store pharmacies. It also provides free health screenings and donates to various charitable organizations to give back to the community, including the United Way and Miracle of Life.
The American pharmacies and discount store chain Fred’s is based out in Memphis. It operates successfully in over 15 different states and 650 store locations across the nation. Fred’s was founded in 1947 and continuously hires potentials to run its store locations efficiently and smoothly.
It allows job seekers to access the official website and explore current job openings on its career webpage. You can read the instructions above and learn more about Fred’s online job application process. Besides, you can apply or search for various pharmacy and retail career positions online. You can also avail yourself of the option to get employment at this pharmacy and discount store brand.