Front desk agents check-in guests and manage their checking out formalities. They work in hotels and resorts. They require to register the guests and process their payments. The front desk agent can issue the room keys and direct guests to rooms. The front desk agent can check different guest queries, they can check different problems and various complaints. They maintain a cash balance at the end of their shift. They should be familiar with the layout in an appropriate way.
Job Description – Front Desk Agent
The front desk agent is responsible to ensure they can receive guests. They can manage the cash balance after their shift. You need to focus on the hotel layout to guide the guests. They should understand different tariffs. They need a proper reservation to facilitate guests. The front desk agent also recommends hotel services to different guests who come to the hotel. They should ensure the keys are given to the reception once the guest checkout.
Skills Required – Front Desk Agent
- They provide customer service to guests.
- They require good interpersonal skills.
- The front desk agent also needs skills for written communication.
- They require active listening skills.
- They need to solve the problems of guests as a front desk agent.
- The front desk agent should also know a foreign language.
Job Responsibilities – Front Desk Agent
- They should greet and properly thank guests.
- They can check-in the guests into the hotel.
- The front desk agent should also post charges in guest accounts.
- They anticipate guest’s needs and resolve their complaints in the best possible way.
- They can assist guests with disabilities.
- The front desk agent should also assist with guest inquiries.
- They assist with reservation queries for guests.
- They can achieve guest satisfaction in the best way.
- The front desk agent should also communicate with all departments in the best way.
- They can comply with all safety guidelines.
Job Requirements – Front Desk Agent
- They require a proper high school diploma which is equivalent.
- They should have at least 1 + year of experience as a front desk agent.
- The front desk agent should be well-groomed and also showcase a professional experience.
- They require both written and verbal communication skills.
- They need skills to work as a team player.
- The front desk agent also needs to stand for a longer period.
- They should be able to work on work shifts and be available to work on public holidays.
Frequently Asked Questions
1 What does a front desk agent do?
Ans. A front desk agent should welcome guests and allow them into their rooms. They are responsible for ensuring every single guest has a wonderful experience at the hotel. Front desk agents can welcome guests into the hotel.
2 What are the duties of a front desk agent?
Ans. They amicably greet guests, they ensure that the arrival and departure of guests happen properly. The front desk agent can also post charges towards a guest account. They anticipate guest needs and resolve different problems and complaints. They can assist guests with disabilities.
3 List down the skills of a front desk agent?
- They require interpersonal skills.
- They require written communication skills.
- The front desk agent also needs active listening skills.
- They should be aware of foreign languages.
- They need to deal with proper stress management issues.
- The front desk agent can also resolve problems in the best possible way.
4 How does a front desk agent describe his details on a resume?
Ans. They should highlight skills on their resume. They can highlight professional roles and responsibilities and skills on the resume. This helps the front desk agent to get a better job opportunity in either hotel or a resort in the best way.
5 What kind of attributes should a front desk agent have?
- They should have good communication skills.
- They should have proper customer service skills.
- The front desk agent also needs to multitask.
- They should be dependable.
- They should familiarize themselves with Microsoft Office.
- The front desk agent should also resolve problems for customers.
- They should be able to handle pressure well.
- They should pay appropriate attention to every little detail.
6 How will you address a telephonic interview for a front desk agent?
- You must answer the phone calls professionally.
- You should professionally meet customers.
- The front desk agent should also readily understand client information.
- You must greet guests appropriately.
7 How will you succeed as a front desk agent?
Ans. You need to succeed as a front desk agent by behaving politely and amicably. The front desk agent assists guests by providing them end-to-end solutions related to guest services. The front desk agent can also succeed by creating a welcoming environment so that the front desk agent can work cordially in this particular business environment.
8 How does a front desk agent get a job?
Ans. You need to get a job through the career portal or the career page of the hotel. This position also gets advertised on the free job website. You can apply through these mediums to get a job as a front desk agent. Front desk agents work towards enhancing customer experience at various hotels and resorts.