Being a Fulfillment Associate requires the candidate to meet the needs of basic warehousing duties. You will be responsible for packing items, loading and unloading stock in and out of merchandise trucks. As a fulfillment associate, you will be reporting to the store or warehouse manager. A fulfillment associate also has to operate a few types of machinery like forklifts and pallet jacks. Using these types of machinery can also help you earn more for the skills you acquire. An excellent associate always works towards cutting time when doing a particular task.
Fulfillment associates should be passionate about their work and they should be energetic enough to handle the work. The work requires you to offload stocks from the trucks and also use the machines during the process.
You will also be in charge of keeping track of work orders, locating merchandise, and packaging the orders. During the offloading and unloading of stocks, you can be asked to operate any of these machines: forklifts, pallet jacks, and cherry pickers.
You need to be focused on work to ensure success as a fulfillment associate. Your problem-solving skills are what you need to do the work in a warehouse. Your ability to carry weights, loading trucks needs a lot of strength and balance. An excellent associate is supposed to adhere to all the safety precautions and process the orders in less time.
Working as a Fulfillment associate requires you to have the skills to have strong attention to small details. One should have the ability to lift heavy objects to offload a truck in less time. The shift requires you to work for 8 to 9 hours and that’s why you should be able to walk or stand for the same number of hours. If you already know the working of the machinery used in warehouses, you can get brownie points for that from your employer.
- They need to offload trucks into the warehouse and vice-versa.
- They should also take proper precautions to ensure safety.
- One should also know how to manage work hours to get the maximum work done.
- They should also finalize the work orders and fill the accurate information into the database.
- They also require to make the delivery to the delivery trucks.
- One should also know how to decipher and read work orders.
- They also need to investigate the orders properly to make sure there’s no damage.
- The fulfillment manager should also track all the orders with their location and extraction time.
- They also need to make sure that the incoming deliveries are properly stored in the designated areas of the warehouse.
- The fulfillment associate also has to work towards improving the process using innovative ideas.
- As a fulfillment associate, you also have to make sure that the inventory is properly organized.
- The job requires you to have a high school diploma or GED.
- You should also be able to read and decipher the orders from your manager.
- Proper certification of Forklift and Cherry Picker
- You should also have proven experience of working as a fulfillment associate anywhere.
- The job also requires you to understand the basic terminology and knowledge of warehouse tools.
- The work environment also stays pretty loud. The candidate should also be able to work in such an environment.
- Your ability to stand for 8 hours a day is also required for a fulfillment associate job.
Frequently Asked Questions
1 How many hours does a fulfillment associate work in a week?
Ans. The job of a Fulfillment associate requires you to work almost 8 hours daily. So, if you are working for 6 days every week, you would also be working around 48 hours every week as a fulfillment associate.
2 What skills should you acquire for a fulfillment associate job?
Ans. The most important skill of a fulfillment associate is working with heavyweights. You should also be able to handle all that weight on a machine to work efficiently. A fulfillment associate is also required to have attention to detail and high problem-solving skills to get things done in less time.
3 Where can you find these job postings?
Ans. Employers usually post these jobs on the internet and in newspapers. You can even find them on billboards sometimes. There are also some websites that you can use to find the advertisements for job postings in your preferred location. Companies use various ways to find job postings to reach out to more people.
4 What does a fulfillment associate do?
Ans. Working as a fulfillment associate requires you to be active and energetic to lift heavyweights. You should also be able to handle the machinery properly to save time from mishaps. Make sure you use the right technique while offloading and loading a truck. This requires you to have experience and certification of a forklift or any other warehouse vehicle.