GameStop is a famous video game merchant in the US that has over 6000 stores across the world. It deals with new and used games, game accessories, and gaming basics. It offers different job options worldwide.
If you are looking for a job, you can apply to GameStop, the video game retailer, through their easy-to-access website. You have to make your profile with GameStop to get a job. It would help if you browsed through their career options available. You can also submit your job application in their stores to get hired. The minimum age for getting hired in GameStop is sixteen. But some outlets prefer to hire an experienced individual with a graduation degree.
This popular video game retailer is open 10 am to 9 pm on weekdays, and on Sunday, it is available from 11 am to 6 pm. There are different positions vacant like assistant manager, cashier, game advisor, shift lead, and store manager. GameStop offers a printable application for job applicants.
Job Opportunities Offered by GameStop
GameStop hires for different job openings throughout their worldwide stores. These positions are game advisor, assistant manager, cashier, shift lead, and store manager. You can apply there for a part-time and a full-time job—all you need to have a flexible schedule to work on weekends and other times if required. If you want, you can apply for their vacant positions as soon as you complete your school, but if you have some experience, you will get preference in some leading stores.
Opportunities To Grow With GameStop
All year round, GameStop needs employees to maintain their work schedules, leading them to higher employee turnover. So the young and enthusiastic individuals who have a passion for gaming and want to earn some money can join GameStop and build their careers.
For entry-level positions, you need little or no previous working experience. You have to be a friendly and outgoing personality. If you are a passionate performer, you can quickly get higher positions in the future.
Positions Offered By GameStop
GameStop hires staff as both full-time and part-time employees. For experienced gamers or those with previous retail experience, entry-level customer service jobs and career-level jobs are available. The vacant positions offered by GameStop are as follows:
- Provide details about the latest game trends and the specific product. Other responsibilities include welcoming customers, completing sales, and maintaining a clean environment in the shop.
- They need to promote other programs such as magazine subscriptions and membership discount cards as well.
- They also are responsible for recommending the products depending upon customer requirements.
- Help their store to reach profit goals in the best possible manner
- Starting payout for sales associates/game advisors is about $10.00 per hour, and it can be more depending upon locations.
- Candidates should be knowledgeable about the most recent games and gaming systems.
- Carry on basic tasks like cleaning up and maintaining the stocks, answer the phone calls
- Shift leaders get usually paid $9.00 per hour.
- Those with supervisory and organizational experience are encouraged to apply.
- Managers are in charge of the entire workforce as well as the store’s procedures.
- Assistant managers’ payout will be $12.00 per hour, and store managers start at $18.00 per hour.
- To be eligible, you must have prior experience in retail sales or supervision.
Review Application Status
Job seekers can browse through GameStop’s official website and apply online for the available job vacancies. You can also check the application status online. You can visit the store nearest your location and ask if there is any position vacant.
Filling out application forms in stores may get a move on the process and give candidates a chance to meet with employment managers. But before you fill up the application form, gather all the necessary information to save time. When you qualify after screening all the submitted applications, you will get called for an interview.
Benefits To Working For GameStop
GameStop staff enjoy different services such as store discounts, medical services, paid training, etc. Apart from these, they get
- Paid time off
- Paid vacation
- Life insurance
- 401 k plan
- Dental insurance
More Information About Game Stop
GameStop publishes Game Informer, a newsletter that features game news, reviews, and previews. It was initiated over 20 years before and recognized as one of the industry’s top video game magazines. The magazine, which is available both online and in print, has over 8 million subscribers.
Steps For Job Application At GameStop
- First, you have to go to the official website of GameStop.
- Now you have to search for available vacancies according to your location.
- The list of possible vacancies will open.
- Click on the job positions, and a detailed job description will get shown.
- Then you have to click on the Apply Now button. You have to put your valid email address to start filling out the application form.
- Just sign up and create a profile online.
- Fill in the necessary details according to the instructions given.
- Now continue by clicking on the Next button.
- Choose the country you live in and click on the box beside the privacy agreement.
- Now the leading application portal opens.
- Fill up the information required and upload the related documents according to the mentioned format.
- Put personal information where needed.
- If you have experience, then fill out the section of work history.
- Mention your educational credentials and upload the required documents.
- Then you need to upload a digital sign of yourself and click on submit.
- But don’t forget to review your application before you click on the final Submit button.
Offline Application For GameStop
If you want to apply in person by visiting the stores, please follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Download the application form available on their official website.
- Just get a printout of it.
- Fill in all the sections. Put the relevant information where needed.
- Mention the details of the job position you are applying for.
- Fill in the section on educational qualifications.
- If you are experienced, then fill in the work history section.
- Upload the documents related to your ID.
- Put your phone number with references.
- Now put your signature at the end of the application form.
- Then submit it to the concerned person in the store.
GameStop being a leading video game retailer in the US provides different job opportunities to the freshers and experienced. This article will help you learn more about job opportunities at GameStop. Both online and offline applications are accepted. So if you have completed high school and want to make money, you can apply for available positions at GameStop and develop a promising career with GameStop.