Giant Eagle has a robust team of approximately 40,000 workers to keep the conveniences and several services supplied to customers. Pharmaceutical amenities, take-out or in-store dining alternatives, bakery and deli services, frozen items, canned and fresh produce are all available at most sites of the well-known grocer. Giant Eagle, based out in Pennsylvania, often offers job opportunities for managerial personnel and entry-level capacities.
In addition, this regional chain often employs new workers to fill existing vacancies and employment needs. Please go through the article below to know the complete hiring details of Giant Eagle with its full description and benefits to apply at this grocery store chain.
- Operational Hours and Work Schedule at Giant Eagle
- Job Prospects at Giant Eagle
- The Job Positions Available at Giant Eagle
- The Online Job Application Process of Giant Eagle
- Checking Job Application Status for Giant Eagle
- Benefits and Perks While Working at Giant Eagle
- Additional Details of Giant Eagle
Operational Hours and Work Schedule at Giant Eagle
Giant Eagle hires candidates at least 16-years old and operates for twenty-four hours every day.
Read more: Giant Food Holiday Hours
Job Prospects at Giant Eagle
Those searching for a career in the grocery industry can find jobs easily in entry-level positions. Giant Eagle usually doesn’t need any prior experience to work as a cashier or clerk at a grocery store. Job seekers can find various job posts and apply for them on the official Giant Eagle’s website’s careers section. It usually takes 30 to 60 minutes to fill up Giant Eagle’s job application form.
A few job roles may need heavy items lifting. Physical fitness is usually one of the most important eligibility criteria to get consideration at Giant Eagle. Employees who demonstrate the supermarket’s fundamental principles of solid work ethics, healthy living, teamwork, and friendliness are also considered for the job.
The Job Positions Available at Giant Eagle
Giant Eagle usually offers the Store Manager, Assistant Store Manager, Transportation Supervisor, Receiving Manager, Distribution Supervisor, and Warehouse Selector positions. It also provides Truck Driver, Seafood Team Member, Health and Beauty Clerk, Gourmet Chef, Coordinator – Fuel Station, Esthetician, Meat Sales Clerk, Wellness Coach/ Dietitian, and Eagle’s Nest Attendant.
The job hunter can also submit job applications for Baker, Journeyman Meat Cutter, Cook-Dairy, Bagger, Cake Decorator, Kitchen Lead, Meat Wrapper, Grocery Assistant Team Leader, and Night Crew Team Leader positions. In addition, various job posts are vacant for GoGetter, Deli/Foods ToGo Clerk, Crew Lead, Pharmacy Technician, Perishable Clerk, Sales Clerk, and HBW Team Leader. Besides, Fuel Station Attendant, Stock Clerk, Night Stock Clerk, Grocery Clerk, Customer Service Clerk, Cashier positions often get found at Giant Eagle.
- They are responsible for stocking and cleaning aisles at Giant Eagle’s store locations.
- They are also responsible for informing customers about FuelPerks discounts, scanning Giant Eagle advantage cards, and informing patrons about reward programs.
- Cashiers often earn around $10.00 per hour at Giant Eagle.
- Clerks at Giant Eagle are responsible for helping guests locate merchandise, maintain organized departments, stocking, and cleaning.
- They are also responsible for collecting shopping carts many times every day.
- Clerks earn around $09.00 an hour at Giant Eagle.
- These employees are responsible for training new employees, assigning duties to subordinate workers, and communicating with senior management.
- They are also responsible for performing well in loss prevention, marketing, and recruitment.
- Team Leaders earn around $10 to $14.00 per hour at Giant Eagle.
- The company offers around $35k to 80k per annum to Managers.
The Online Job Application Process of Giant Eagle
Giant Eagle offers various employment openings are available at its job portal. Its application process is as follows:
- The employment hunters can visit the official online job platform of Giant Eagle and tap on the “Search Jobs.”
- You can filter the job listings of Giant Eagle that appeared here and tap on the job link that you find suitable to apply for.
- Read the complete summary for the job positions you want to apply for at Giant Eagle and tap on the “Apply” tab.
- Create your account for Giant Eagle or enter the existing login details and tap on the “Continue” tab.
- Submit your resume by uploading it and tap on the “Continue” tab to complete the job application.
Checking Job Application Status for Giant Eagle
If you are interested in the job post, you can fill out the applications online and submit them through the portals available. However, after filling out and submitting the applications, the candidates have to wait for at least a few days to a couple of weeks. The wait time further depends on the applications submitted to the company, hiring needs and vacancies at the store locations.
The hiring process thus culminates in the last three weeks. There are always some rare chances that the job hopefuls might get the job through employee referrals. Also, the company gives the option to both part-time and full-time job applicants to check out their application status by calling or emailing the query to the hiring managers. They can also visit out the store personally to talk about their application update.
Benefits and Perks While Working at Giant Eagle
- Employees usually benefit from short-term and long-term disability coverage, pension plans, and 401 (K) retirement plans from Giant Eagle.
- They also receive tuition reimbursement, paternity leave, paid time off, vision insurance, and dental and medical plans while working for Giant Eagle.
- Giant Eagle also offers career advancement options and flexible duty hours to its employees.
Additional Details of Giant Eagle
The company’s operation varies more than just the grocery store. Job hopefuls may also find jobs at GetGo gas stations. The supermarket also opens up vacancies to operate car wash machines and gas station operations. They might also find out the job options with on-site pharmacies.
But for the pharmacy position, they need applications from professionals who can fill out the prescriptions, vaccinations and help the customers with other medical help and needs. They also have renamed most of their stores under the name of Giant Eagle Market District. The newly named store offers high-quality products and extensive services and can also search for dry cleaning, health, beauty, and many other sectors.
The American grocery store chain, Giant Eagle, is based out in O’Hara Township, Pennsylvania. It operates in over 200 locations, mainly across the Eastern United States. Job finders seeking a career at Giant Eagle can easily find various job positions at its official website. Besides, they can check the above-mentioned Giant Eagle’s online job application process. They can follow the same and apply accordingly to this grocery store chain in the United States.