Before stocking up for the holidays, it is essential to know which days your local Food Giant store will be open, so you do not end up like the Griswold’s in National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation. A misstep in holiday shopping can lead to a catastrophe – like an overcrowded freezer, empty shelves where ingredients should be, and a complete lack of holiday cheer.
But when is Giant Food there for all of your grocery needs?
Let’s find out as we take a closer look at the Giant Food Holiday Hours.
- What is Giant Food?
- The History and Founding of Giant Food
- Weekday Giant Food Hours
- Weekend Giant Food Hours
- Holiday Giant Food Hours
- How to Find Your Local Store?
- What to Do if Giant Food is Shut?
- Giant Food Customer Support
- Tips for Visiting Giant Food During the Festive Period
- Are Your Favorite Shops Opening as Usual This Holiday Season?
- Final Thoughts
What is Giant Food?
Giant Food is the preeminent grocery store in the Washington-Baltimore area and has been providing the community with all of its necessary food items for nearly a century. For any grocery need, be it produce, deli items, packaged goods, or dairy, Food Giant has you covered!
So, whether you need some beans for your chili or some tortillas for your fajitas (or maybe just a gallon of chocolate milk!), this convenience store giant will have you all set to get cookin’!
Read more: H-E-B Holiday Hours
The History and Founding of Giant Food
In 1923, when most people were still riding horses and buggies, David Javitch had a revolutionary idea – open a small meat market in Carlisle, Pennsylvania. Little did he know that this brave decision would lead to the founding of Giant Food, now one of the largest grocery store chains on the East Coast of the United States!
Over nearly 100 years since its inception, this grocery store has expanded throughout the East Coast with locations in six states. Not only is Giant Food committed to helping customers make informed decisions about purchasing groceries and supplies, but it also works hard to improve lives through philanthropy initiatives and assistance programs.
David Javitch surely would be proud of his lasting legacy – Giant Food’s influence can be felt across generations!
Weekday Giant Food Hours
Most Giant Food stores are open from 6:00 am to 12:00 am on weekdays. However, these times may vary slightly by location, so please check with your local store for more details.
- Monday – 6:00 am – 12:00 am
- Tuesday – 6:00 am – 12:00 am
- Wednesday – 6:00 am – 12:00 am
- Thursday – 6:00 am – 12:00 am
- Friday – 6:00 am – 12:00 am
Weekend Giant Food Hours
On weekends, Food Giant stores will maintain slightly altered hours from their weekday schedule. Most stores are open the same hours on a Saturday but reduced hours on a Sunday.
- Saturday 6:00 am – 12:00 am
- Sunday 6:00 am – 11:00 pm
Holiday Giant Food Hours
Giant stores will adjust their hours of operation for most national holidays. On some occasions, the store may open late or close early. Here is a list of some national holidays and the adjusted hours of operation for the stores on these days:
- 1st January – New Year’s Day – 6 am – 12 am
- 4th Thursday in November – Thanksgiving – 6 am – 5 pm
- Friday after Thanksgiving – Black Friday – 6 am – 12 am
- 24th December – Christmas Eve – 6 am – 7 pm
- 25th December – Christmas Day – At select locations – 8 am – 5 pm
- 26th December – Boxing Day – 6am – 12am
- 31st December – New Year’s Eve – 6 am – 9 pm
How to Find Your Local Store?
Giant Food stores can be found in six states on the East Coast of the United States. To find the nearest store, you can use the Giant Store Locator on their website. Simply enter your zip code or city and state to find directions to your closest store.
What to Do if Giant Food is Shut?
If you find that your local store has closed for the day, do not panic! There are several alternatives you can choose from. You can try another nearby Giant Food store or check out one of their partner stores, such as Stop & Shop, Harris Teeter, or Safeway. You can also use an online grocery service like Instacart to have your groceries delivered directly to you.
Giant Food Customer Support
If you have any questions or concerns related to holiday hours at Giant Food, please contact their customer service team. They can be reached by phone (1-800-5-PEAPOD), email, or mail and are always happy to help.
Tips for Visiting Giant Food During the Festive Period
When shopping at Giant Food during the holidays, it’s important to keep in mind that the store may be busier than usual due to increased demand. Here are some tips to make your shopping experience smoother and faster:
- Shop early in the day to avoid the rush. Times between 10:00 am and 12:00 pm are usually the least busy.
- Make a list of items to buy ahead of time so you can shop quickly and efficiently.
- Bring a reusable bag to carry your groceries home. Reducing plastic waste is good for the environment.
- Check for promotions and discounts to save money on your groceries. You can find these online or at the store.
- Pay with contactless payment methods such as Apple Pay or Google Pay to reduce person-to-person contact.
- Take advantage of curbside pickup for a contactless shopping experience. Simply order your groceries online and pick them up at the store!
Are Your Favorite Shops Opening as Usual This Holiday Season?
It’s not only Giant Food that has special holiday opening hours. Many restaurants and other retailers will have different operating hours for the holiday seasons. So, let’s take a look at our informative guides to the ACME Markets Holiday Hours, Papa Johns Pizza Holiday Hours, AMC Theaters Holiday Hours, Bath and Body Works Holiday Hours, Hannaford Holiday Hours, as well as the Stop and Shop Holiday Hours for 2023.
Giant Food has served customers of all generations for over eighty years and continues to do so during the holiday season. With a variety of store hours and options available, you can find the perfect time to get your holiday shopping done. So don’t forget to plan ahead when it comes to shopping at Giant Food over the holiday season to make sure you don’t miss out on the deals and discounts!
- How to Write a Short Bio?
- Amazon Bereavement Policy (2023 Updated)
- KBR Construction Application: Jobs & Career Info Online
- Sprint Application: Jobs & Career Info
- Does Walmart Cash Personal Checks? (What You Need To Know)
- Richest Cities in Michigan
- Caregiver Job Description
- All 500+ Restaurants that Accept EBT
- Mimi’s Cafe Application Online: Jobs & Career Info
- Part-Time and Full-Time Hours