Guess is a trusted global lifestyle brand. It offers trendy men and women clothing, and other fashion accessories ranging from watches, perfumes, bags, shoes to jewelry. The brand is well-known for its innovative denim and iconic logo pieces and black and white ads. Guess marks its presence in over 80 countries around the world.
So the time has come. Congratulations. It’s your interview. The good thing about this forthcoming interview is that it will fetch you your dream job. Often candidates neglect interview groundwork. They move toward interviews with set notions, resulting in an unavoidable nervousness.
So here we have tried to enlist a few most commonly raised interview questions and tips on how to approach all of them, to help you ace the Guess interview.
- Common Interview Questions
- Q1: Tell us about yourself?
- Q2: How did you hear about this position?
- Q3: What do you know about Guess?
- Q4: When you think of Guess, what do you think about?
- Q5: Why do you want to work for Guess?
- Q6: What is your greatest strength?
- Q7: What is your greatest weakness?
- Q8: What is your greatest professional achievement?
- Q9: Where do you see yourself in five years?
- Q10: Who do you look up to as a fashion icon and how would you describe your personal style?
- Q11: What career path interests you the most in this company?
- Q12: What are your favorite trends in fashion right now?
- Q13: How would you define outstanding customer service?
- Vocabulary To Leave A Positive Impact On The Interviewer
- Few Basic Interview Tips
- Mistakes To Avoid While Answering The Questions
Common Interview Questions
Q1: Tell us about yourself?
Ans: While asking this question, the interviewer wants to locate an applicant who has related work experience. So the question may seem straightforward to you, but it’s critical. Start by telling your hobbies and qualifications, a small piece about your current job profile followed by employment history, justifying your candidature.
Q2: How did you hear about this position?
Ans: Here stands a wonderful prospect to show your keenness for the role. Initiate the answer from where you found out about the opening, like a friend or a job-seeking site, and don’t miss to state the reasons that excited you to apply for this job.
Q3: What do you know about Guess?
Ans: Make sure that you have gone through the company details preceding the interview. It will augment your chances of getting hired. Make sure you are aware of all variety of merchandise and accessories offered by Guess, across the world and how are they performing. Also be updated about the latest company news, as well as the company’s work culture.
Q4: When you think of Guess, what do you think about?
Ans: Your response to this subject must spin around “Fashion”, as Guess is a high-end fashion brand. It is also famous for its jeans. So try to mention other famous designer jeans makers (like Michael Kors, Tommy Hilfiger, etc.) also in your response.
Q5: Why do you want to work for Guess?
Ans: While answering this question don’t forget to highlight the quality and latest fashion of the company products that truly instigate you to work with Guess, followed by your love for the company’s work culture. Also, try to highlight your love for fashion. Talk about the competitors like GAP, and try to validate why Guess is the best.
Q6: What is your greatest strength?
Ans: Before answering this question, consider what the interviewer wants to hear. You can mention 1 or 2 work skills along with personal skills that would help you to excel on the work front. Go through the job description once again and cite those required skills as your strengths. Convince him that your strengths match the organization’s goals.
Q7: What is your greatest weakness?
Ans: Everyone has weaknesses and scope to improve on. So make sure that your response to this question is framed around the positive aspect only. Be honest while discussing your weaknesses and display a willingness to improve on the same. Also, make sure that you mention the one which is not related to the position offered.
Q8: What is your greatest professional achievement?
Ans: Take pride while talking about your career accomplishments and share your success stories in detail, highlighting your ethics and values. Also, take your time to justify how you can be an asset to Guess.
Q9: Where do you see yourself in five years?
Ans: Every contender wants to grow in the career. Share with the interviewer the areas in which you want to grow with Guess over the subsequent years and assure him/her about your willingness to work hard for growth opportunities.
Q10: Who do you look up to as a fashion icon and how would you describe your personal style?
Ans: Having your own individual style is very essential especially when you are a piece of the fashion industry. Reply to the interviewer about how you label your style and what it means to you. Here you can reveal any leading fashion idol you look up to and highlight his/her style which attracts you the most.
Q11: What career path interests you the most in this company?
Ans: Before answering this question make sure where visualize yourself fitting and growing with the company. Just go through the company hierarchy and answer accordingly.
Q12: What are your favorite trends in fashion right now?
Ans: Before answering this question make sure that you are well updated about the latest fashion industry trends. Along with the latest trend (like oversized Victorian-inspired sleeves, chunky boots), add your take on classic style as well.
Q13: How would you define outstanding customer service?
Ans: Start with “Customer is the KING” emphasizing the importance of customers. So you need to be customer friendly and well-informed about the latest products and industry trends.
Vocabulary To Leave A Positive Impact On The Interviewer
- Outstanding team worker
- Open to new learning and tasks
- Finding ways to conquer disputes
- Meeting targets and organizational objectives
- Mentoring staff
- Out of the box thinker
- Inventory management, FIFO, Customer satisfaction, brand value
- Quality and Quantity
- Leadership skills
Few Basic Interview Tips
- Ensure eye contact while answering
- Make sure that you at least 10 minutes early at the interview place
- Be honest and truthful in all your responses and avoid negativity
- Turn off your mobile
- Don’t be too fast or too slow in your responses
- Be appropriately dressed in formals
Mistakes To Avoid While Answering The Questions
- Don’t speak shoddily of your current or former company, boss, or subordinates.
- Don’t lie and be rude
- Don’t sound rehearsed while answering.
- Don’t exemplify a non-work-related issue while answering behavioral-based interview questions unless you have no related episode to share.
You might agree that there is no right or wrong response to job interview questions. Hence there are no set rules to follow while answering the questions. Here is a small effort to help you in preparing for the Guess interview. No need to comprehend, but just practice your responses so that you remain confident while facing the interviewer. Make sure that you give straight and sincere responses to all the questions asked, showing your zeal for the job. Be positive and all the best!
- How Many Stamps in a Book?
- Albertsons Application Online: Jobs & Career Info
- Who Owns Popeyes?
- Ruby Tuesday Application Online: Jobs & Career Info
- Does Walmart have a Copy Machine?
- Marc’s Application Online: Jobs & Career Info
- How Much Does Publix Pay? (Full Guide)
- Does Target Sell Cigarettes? (2023 Guide)
- How Many Stamps Do I Need Per Oz?
- UPS Application Online: Jobs & Career Info