H-E-B Grocery Company is a privately held American supermarket chain based in San Antonio, Texas. H-E-B Grocery Company has more than 340 stores all around the US, the State of Texas, and Northeast Mexico. Forbes’ 2019 list of “America’s Largest Private Companies” ranked the company No. 12. In the year 2010, H-E-B was also named Retailer of the year by Progressive Grocer. The H-E-B has ranked No. 13th on the list of “Top 75 North American Food Retailers” by sales. The H-E-B was named the 20th largest retailer in the United States in 2014, based on revenues.
H-E-B was founded on 26th November 1905 in Kerrville, Texas. Its headquarters are located in Downtown San Antonio. The company also operates several manufacturing facilities in Texas, which also includes one of the largest milk- and bread-processing plants in the Southwest.
The minimum age of working at The H-E-B Grocery Company is 16 years. The company operates every day between 6.00 am to 12.00 am. Anyone above 16 years of age can apply for work at H-E-B Grocery Company except for few positions where the employee needs to be above 18 years of age. The company is also looking to hire individuals who are hardworking, passionate, and motivated to work. They look for people who love working and also love serving people. If you love meeting new people, greeting, and helping them with quality service then consider applying at the H-E-B Grocery Company.
- Job opportunities provided by H-E-B
- How to search for job opportunities at H-E-B
- How to Apply for the jobs at H-E-B
- Should you follow up?
- Responsibilities, Requirements, and Salary
- Other job positions available
- Benefits of working at the H-E-B Grocery company
- More information on H-E-B Grocery Company
Job opportunities provided by H-E-B
Both part-time and full-time job opportunities for entry-level and professional-level management posts are offered by the company. The company provides several job opportunities including cashiers, baggers, night stockers, food service representatives, and parking lot attendants.
Read more: How Much Does H-E-B Pay?
How to search for job opportunities at H-E-B
Follow the steps below to search for job openings-
- Go to the “job openings page”.
- Applicants are redirected to a page. This page will show them all the job openings.
- You can further narrow it down according to the location you prefer.
- Select the title of the job you want to know more about.
How to Apply for the jobs at H-E-B
Follow the steps below to apply for a job at H-E-B
- After clicking on the title of the job from the “job openings” page, click “apply online”.
- You will then have to register and create an account.
- Upload your Resume.
- Add all your personal details and answer the questions that follow.
- Add your education and work history and fill up all other details.
- After filling up all the desired blanks and creating your account, you can then sign in and submit your application.
Candidates can also apply in offline mode by filling up the form and submitting it in the stores.
Should you follow up?
Candidates can simply log in to their account and view the progress of their application. The applicants should wait for at least one to two weeks before following up. The hiring manager calls the selected candidates and conducts interviews over the phone. The management also invites applicants for a one-on-one interview or a group interview. This will help them assess the candidates better.
Responsibilities, Requirements, and Salary
- Cashiers are responsible for scanning items while checking out and collect the payments from the customers.
- Cashiers are also responsible for paying attention to the needs of the customers.
- H-E-B prefers candidates with prior experience in a customer service job is preferred for this role. However, it is not a mandatory condition.
- The salary of a Cashier is around $10 per hour.
- Food representatives are responsible for working in the bakery, deli, and other prepared food departments.
- They are also required to be able to prepare, pack, and merchandise products.
- H-E-B expects these employees to help customers with their selection.
- Applicants should have a high school diploma or any other equivalent degree. They should also have the zeal to learn and excel at their job.
- Applicants must be above 18 years of age.
- They must also be able to work in various shifts.
- The salary of a food representative is around $10 per hour.
- Applicants should have decent management along with excellent organizational skills.
- Night stockers should provide manual labor, work overnight, and also operate various light machinery.
- Night stockers having prior experience of working as stockers are highly preferred.
- H-E-B provides proper training to the night stockers.
- The salary of a Night stocker is about $12 per hour.
Other job positions available
- Department Clerk – The Department Clerk is responsible for providing quality service to the customers in his or her assigned department. The salary of a department clerk ranges between $11 and $15 per hour.
- Checker – Responsibilities of the Checker include handling all transactions of the customers and collecting payment. The salary of a checker is between $9.50 and $13 per hour.
- Customer Service Assistant – H-E-B expects the Customer Service Assistant to answer phone calls, initiate returns, and also help the in-store customers. The salary of a customer service assistant is between $10 and $12 per hour.
- Bagger – The duties of a Bagger include packing all the items bought by the customer into a plastic bag and helping him or her to the car. The salary of a bagger is between $8 and $10 per hour.
Benefits of working at the H-E-B Grocery company
H-E-B offers several benefits to their employees which include:
- H-E-B also offers employees affordable healthcare coverage which includes medical insurance.
- Employees are also eligible for earning paid time off.
- Employees can also earn paid vacations.
- H-E-B also offers employee benefit plans such as 401(k) retirement plans.
- Employees also enjoy 10 percent discount facilities and seasonal offers.
- H-E-B offers bonuses and awards to the employees based on their quality of work.
More information on H-E-B Grocery Company
A 5% from the annual pretax earnings is donated to the causes of the places where H-E-B operates which includes education and food banks. The H-E-B company also donated to the American Red Cross an amount of $50,000 to help the organization launch a check stand campaign. This also helped the organization to raise awareness and get the community involved in the relief effort of fertilizer plant fire and explosion in West, Texas.
- Does Walmart Replace Watch Batteries? (Full Guide)
- Walmart Hidden Clearance (Trick To Find Bargains)
- How To Become A Police Officer?
- How to Become a Game Tester?
- How Much Does a Shopping Cart Cost?
- New Balance Application: Jobs & Careers Online
- Gift Cards At Walgreens (Step By Step Guide)
- How Old Do You Have to Be to Work at Dollar Tree?
- Miller’s Ale House Application Online: Jobs & Career Info
- Can Teenagers Work at Daycare?