Harris Teeter is a well-known grocery store business that predominantly operates in the American South. The regional supermarket has control over around 240 outlets. With a strong presence in eight states, the North Carolina-based chain regularly hires new people to cover professional and entry-level positions. As a result, plentiful job possibilities are easily available, many of which pay well and include benefits. First, however, job seekers must complete the necessary application forms and submit the required hiring papers required for a job.
Harris Teeter supermarket stores do extensive drug testing and background investigations before making hiring selections. Maintaining great hygiene and qualities, and remaining friendly and respectful at all times, are also essential considerations for applicants. Most entry-level professions include pulling, pushing, lifting, stooping, and bending daily. Therefore physical features for most positions are considered for hiring at Harris Teeter.
Operational Hours and Work Schedule at Harris Teeter
Harris Teeter usually hires candidates with at least 16 years while employing. The operational and shift hours at Harris Teeter are as follows:
Monday to Sunday: 07:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Job Prospects at Harris Teeter
The thriving retail chain offers the usual conveniences and services found in supermarkets. Employees can find work in the non-perishable foods, produce, seafood, meat, frozen goods, bakery, and deli sections of Harris Teeter locations. Each of the supermarket store locations also has a flower shop on the premises. The most frequent work available are entry-level positions; but, candidates could also find managerial positions readily available.
The Job Positions Available at Harris Teeter
Harris Teeter offers various job opportunities to prospects, including Food and Services Director, Quality Control Inspector, Accountant, Buyer, and Sanitation Janitor. It also offers Inventory Control Specialists, Pharmacy Technicians, Pharmacists, Human Resources Associates, Maintenance Technicians, and Store Manager Positions.
The applicants can also avail themselves of the opportunity to apply as Assistant Store Manager, Barista, Pizza Clerk, Frozen Foods Clerk, Dairy Clerk, and Grocery Clerk. Besides, Fresh Food Clerk, Baker, Sandwich Artist, Customer Service Clerk, Produce Clerk, Seafood Clerk, Meat Clerk, Bagger, and Cashier positions are also available at Harris Teeter. You can apply for the following job roles frequently found at Harris Teeter:
- Baggers should retrieve shopping bags from parking lots, assist customers in carrying groceries, and bagging groceries.
- They are also responsible for offering superior customer services and interacting with customers regularly.
- Baggers earn around $09.00 per hour at Harris Teeter.
- Clerks are responsible for basic sanitation, organizing and stocking shelves at Harris Teeter.
- Employees in meat departments should pack orders and perform cleaning and cutting. Duties.
- Produce Clerks are responsible for checking vegetables and fruits for quality and arranging product displays.
- Clerks usually initialize their career at Harris Teeter with a minimum wage and may rise, earning up to $09.00 to $10.00 per hour.
- Managers are responsible for training, hiring, and supervising entry-level employees.
- They are also responsible for driving sales, resolving conflicts, setting shift timings, logging and maintaining inventory.
- The management should also establish business relations with suppliers and customers.
- They usually earn around $25k to $70k at Harris Teeter.
The Online Job Application Process of Harris Teeter
Harris Teeter seeking a job at Harris Teeter should go through the following steps to apply for a job through the online process.
- Please visit the official job portal of Harris Teeter.
- Tap on the “View More” tap that appeared on the career page.
- Tap on the “Apply” tab to visit the primary job search webpage.
- Search for a job role by ZIP code, location, employment field, job number, or keyword and hit the “Apply” tab.
- Tap on the “I Accept” tab to agree to the disclaimer or privacy agreement, or tap on the “I Decline” if you don’t want to apply.
- Log in with your details or create a new account for Harris Teeter’s job application process.
- Upload your resume and enter the basic personal information to submit your job application to Harris Teeter and complete the application process.
Checking Job Application Status for Harris Teeter
People searching for managerial positions might undergo even longer processes, with reviews and deliberations getting extended up to one month, at times. At Harris Teeter supermarkets, most workers need to spend around two weeks going through the recruiting process.
First, individuals need to register user profiles at Harris Teeter’s job portal to fill out application forms. Then, individuals can view updated information in application statuses using their online profiles. Individuals can also check on application status by calling or going to Harris Teeter’s store locations in person.
Benefits and Perks While Working at Harris Teeter
Harris Teeter offers beneficial plans and packages to its employees, including the following:
- Harris Teeter extends legal assistance, paid time off, 401 (K) retirement plans, and tuition assistance to its qualified workers.
- They also get flexible spending accounts, life insurance options, dental, vision, and medical coverage.
- Employees at Harris Teeter also benefit from health coverage, financial savings plans sponsored by corporate with discounts on services and products.
Additional Details of Harris Teeter
Harris Teeter’s official online platform gives detailed interactive access to the supermarket chain’s services and products. Customers can access details about the services offered, store facilities, product descriptions, brand sales, and discounts by logging on to Harris Teeter’s website. In addition, customers can search by the department on its online platform, which also includes information on new items that have just been placed in Harris Teeter’s stores.
This North Carolina’s grocery store chain operates more than 240 locations across the states of Washington DC, Delaware, Maryland, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Virginia, and North Carolina. The candidates willing to work at Harris Teeter can apply for various job roles, including transportation, warehouse, corporate, pharmacy, management, and in-store positions.
Applicants from the region can apply online or in-person at a Harris Teeter store location near them. This major grocery store chain has high staff turnover since each location needs a lot of staff to keep the business running smoothly. So, register online to submit a job application to Harris Teeter as explained above, start the recruiting process, and be considered for entry-level and professional positions with this well-known retailer.