Hhgregg is one of the country’s most prominent computer and electronics stores, with locations across the Eastern and Midwest Seaboard. There are around 230 Hhgregg locations spread throughout 20 different states. Hhgregg employs candidates regularly to keep up with company growth and industry turnover.
Hhgregg, like many other electronics retailers, needs candidates to be a minimum of 18 years old and have a high school diploma or equivalent to be considered for employment. Other standard employment criteria comprise electronic knowledge, open availability, relevant experience, and general enthusiasm. Applicants looking to work full-time or part-time for a popular countrywide retail business chain can apply for the available part-time and full-time jobs.
Please go through the article below to understand Hhgregg’s employment and job application process.
Operational Hours and Work schedule at Hhgregg
Hhgregg allows those applicants to submit application forms of at least 18-years-old during the hiring process. The operational and shift hours at Hhgregg are as follows:
- Monday to Saturday: 10:00 a.m. to 09:00 p.m.
- Friday to Saturday: 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Job Prospects at Hhgregg
Hhgregg was formed in 1955 as a family business. It continues to provide the customized care that customers expect from neighborhood businesses. The retail business, a market leader, has won multiple honors for customer service, such as the 2014 J.D. The Power &Associates Award recognizes total customer contentment with a retailer. Most Hhgregg store locations have over 25,000 square feet of retail area, ranging from laptop computers to portable electronics and huge household appliances.
Customers are retained, and continued expansion is aided by large stores and courteous, attentive employees. Every Hhgregg store location employs around 20 to 25 workers, with more significant sites requiring up to 30 employees to keep the locations running smoothly. The well-known electronics company constantly employs new employees to meet customer requests and maintain a positive public image.
The Job Positions Available at Hhgregg
Hhgregg offers various job posts to prospects, including Territory Manager, Worker’s Compensation Specialist, Commercial Business, and Recruiting Specialist- Inside Sales Representative. It also accepts Transfer Driver, Shipper, Receiver, Delivery Office Supervisor, Delivery Office Administrator, Store Manager, Assistant Manager, and Manager in Training.
Individuals looking to join Hhgregg can apply as Department Manager, Customer Service Merchandiser, and Warehouse Associate. Hhgregg also offers various job positions, including Store Sales Manager, Sales Associate, and Customer Service Representative. The following employment roles are readily available at Hhgregg:
- Sales Associates are responsible for training new employees, stocking assigned departments, organizing and cleaning stores.
- They are also responsible for pushing promotions, providing demonstrations, demonstrating products, and greeting patrons at Hhgregg.
- Sales Associates generally earn around $10.00 an hour at Hhgregg.
Customer Service Representatives
- Customer Service Representatives are responsible for explaining services, products, and also policies to customers.
- They are also responsible for re-shelving merchandise, handling returns, applying discounts, and scanning coupons.
- They should also ring up sales and operate cash registers.
- Full-time and entry-level Customer Service Representatives usually earn around $10.00 to $11.00 per hour at Hhgregg.
- Warehouse Associates are responsible for maintaining equipment, organizing storage areas, breaking down packages, and also loading and unloading trucks.
- They often earn around $09.00 to $10.00 per hour at Hhgregg.
The Online Job Application Process of Hhgregg
- The candidates can use Hhregg’s careers webpage to select their job searches.
- Employees earn access to its search engine after logging on by clicking the careers option at the bottom of the homepage.
- Job seekers can use postal code, city, state, and specialized departments or regions as keywords.
- Applicants are also allowed to update resumes and employment documents despite the openings are available or not, as Hhgregg frequently approaches people whenever the openings are available.
Checking Job Application Status for Hhgregg
The employment procedure at Hhgregg can take few days to a few weeks. This retail chain may wait to contact potential candidates or contact them to initiate the interview session based on employee demands. If the wait time for a response from Hhgregg exceeds a week, job searchers should take action and contact the management or recruiting staff to inquire about the status of their job applications.
Calling or visiting the Hhgregg store location boosts your chances of getting hired and demonstrates your commitment. Contacting through e-mails to recruiters is also an excellent way to keep track of applications submitted to Hhgregg. Phone calls and in-store visits and, on the other hand, are more professional and straightforward ways of following up with Hhgregg.
Benefits and Perks While Working at Hhgregg
Hhgregg provides the following employee benefits to its workers:
- Eligible employees at Hhgregg usually gain access to employee assistance programs, healthcare options, 401 (K) retirement plans, and paid time off.
- Management and entry-level employees receive significant discounts, competitive pay, ongoing and paid training with complimentary uniforms from Hhgregg.
Additional Details of Hhgregg
Hhgregg gives back to the community regularly as a family-owned business. Annual scholarships to area youth, monetary donations to cancer research centers, and the establishment of inclusion programs promoting family values are among the philanthropic initiatives of Hhgregg. Hhgregg also collaborates with other NGOs and other non-profit organizations in the area, with cross-promotional options such as contributions of items for raffling or in-store signage are accessible through the corporate website.
Hhgregg provides a positive work setting to individuals joining its retail store chain. Employees should also be informed and helpful at Hhgregg. Attention to detail and consideration are critical to the company’s ideals due to higher employee demands. This electronics and computer retail chain provides continuing and intense training to keep colleagues up to date on new and emerging industry trends. Most of the required occupations demand staff to contact consumers daily and make product demands or displays.
Various job roles are open at Hhgregg that applicants can explore over its employment portal. Besides, we have updated Hhgregg’s complete employment process in the article above. Candidates can go through the same and know more about the work settings and benefits offered by this retail chain. You can also learn about the job application process and apply for a suitable role at Hhgregg. This will help you start a fulfilling career here.