Modern living means being subscribed to every service imaginable. From Spotify to Netflix, and Amazon to Apple Music, it can be hard to keep track of everything you are signed up for – and even harder to cancel those you no longer want.
So, how do I know if I have Amazon Prime? Well, let’s find out…
- What Is Amazon Prime?
- How Do I Know If I Have Amazon Prime?
- How To Sign Up For Amazon Prime
- The Pros and Cons Of Amazon Prime
- Alternatives To Amazon Prime
- Tips For Keeping Track Of Your Subscriptions
- Whether You’re Watching Or Shopping!
- How Do I Know If I Have Amazon Prime? – Final Thoughts
What Is Amazon Prime?
Amazon Prime is a membership program that gives you access to exclusive benefits on Amazon.com. As a Prime member, you will get free two-day shipping on eligible items, early access to deals, as well as unlimited streaming of TV shows and movies.
Prime membership also includes access to Prime Video, a streaming service that offers movies and TV shows, including original programmings like The Grand Tour, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, and Jack Ryan. If you are not interested in Prime Video, you can still get free two-day shipping and other benefits by signing up for the subscription service.
How Do I Know If I Have Amazon Prime?
The easiest way to know if you have an Amazon Prime membership is to go to the website and sign into your account. If you see “Prime” next to your name, you have a Prime membership, and if not, then you need to sign up for it yourself.
Alternatively, you can also go to Amazon.com/prime and sign into your account. If you see “You have an active Prime membership” on the right side of the page, you have a Prime membership. If you see “Join Amazon Prime,” you do not have a Prime membership. Remember, you can contact customer service for help at any time!
How To Sign Up For Amazon Prime
If you want to be part of the service, it’s really simple to sign up. You just go to their website and sign up with your email address and password. If you have an Amazon account already, then you can use that to sign in. Then, you just need to provide a payment method and your home address. You can start using the service immediately after signing up.
Managing your Amazon Prime Subscription
Once you have a membership, you can manage your subscription by going to Amazon.com/prime and signing into your account. From there, you can view your membership details and update your payment information.
You can also cancel your account at any time by going to Amazon.com/prime and signing into your account. From there, you will see the option to cancel your membership on the right side of the page.
The Pros and Cons Of Amazon Prime
If you already have a whole host of subscriptions, you might be wondering if it is worth the cost. Do you really need another monthly bill? So, here are some advantages and disadvantages of Amazon Prime to help you decide.
- Free two-day shipping on eligible items: great news if you are always forgetting to buy things like toilet paper until you are almost out.
- Early access to deals and discounts before everyone else.
- With Prime Video, you will get unlimited streaming of TV shows and movies whenever you want.
- Kindle Unlimited lets you borrow from a digital library of eBooks, audiobooks, and more.
- The cost: At $12.99 per month, or $119 per year, it is not cheap.
- You have to buy things from Amazon in order to take advantage of the free shipping. If you usually shop elsewhere, it might not be worth it.
- Once you sign up for it, you are committed to paying for it every month. If you decide you do not want it anymore, you have to remember to cancel it.
- Making the Rich Richer: Some people argue that by using the service, you are just lining the pockets of billionaires whilst harming the local economy. Amazon is a huge company, and it is always recommended to shop locally when possible. Small brands and creators are often out-competed by Amazon’s own products or the products of major brands that use them as a platform.
Alternatives To Amazon Prime
If you are not sure if the service is right for you, there are a few other subscription services that offer similar benefits.
- Walmart+ membership gets you free two-day shipping on eligible items and access to deals and discounts.
- Target REDcard gets you free two-day shipping on eligible items, 5% off your purchase, and exclusive access to deals and discounts.
- Costco membership gives you similar perks to Target, as well as access to the warehouse store.
- Sam’s Club membership gets you discounted shipping and access to deals.
Tips For Keeping Track Of Your Subscriptions
If you have a lot of different subscriptions, it can be hard to keep track of them all. Here are a few tips to help you stay on top of things:
- Set up a subscription tracker: There are a few separate ways you can do this, but one way is to create a spreadsheet where you track the name of the service, the cost, the date you signed up, and when your next payment is due. This can help you keep track of when you need to cancel or renew each service.
- Use a subscription management service: There are a few different services that can help you keep track of your subscriptions, such as Truebill and Trim.
- Set up reminders: Set up a reminder on your calendar or in your to-do list app for when your payments are due. This can help you make sure you never miss a payment.
- Keep your payment information in one place: Whether you use a service like PayPal or a specific app for tracking your subscriptions, make sure you keep all of your payment information in one place. This can help you make sure you are always using the same credit card or account for all of your subscriptions.
Whether You’re Watching Or Shopping!
You’ll want to take a look at our guides on Does Amazon Prime Deliver On Sunday for your shopping needs, and for entertainment, How Many Devices Can Use Amazon Prime simultaneously, as well as how to avoid the Commercials On Amazon Prime Video!
Are you shopping on a budget? Well, then you’ll be interested in checking Does Amazon Do Price Adjustments, along with Can You Split Payments On Amazon, or if need be, Can You Hide Orders On Amazon, and for the perfect present, Does Walmart Sell Amazon Gifts Cards, or Where Is The Claim Code On An Amazon Gift Card if you’ve just had a birthday.
Additional info we cover also includes the Amazon Order Cancellation Policy if you need to stop a purchase, but if you’ve already clicked on the checkout, you’ll need to know Does Amazon Take Apple Pay, Does Amazon Accept PayPal, as well as Does Amazon Accept Afterpay in 2023.
How Do I Know If I Have Amazon Prime? – Final Thoughts
Amazon Prime is a great service for people who shop on Amazon frequently and want the convenience of free two-day shipping.
However, it is not right for everyone. If you are on the fence about whether or not to sign up, consider your needs and see if one of the alternatives might be a better fit for you. And, no matter what subscription services you use, make sure you keep track of them so you do not miss a payment.
Enjoy shopping on Amazon Prime!