If you’re pregnant or in love with someone who is, you’ve no doubt considered having your babies registry at Target.
Firstly, congratulations! It’s such an exciting time in life and everything you’ve dreamed of! On to the exciting task of getting the baby’s nursery set up with everything needed for your new addition! You know that Target sells a whole range of items needed for the new little love.
But how does a Target baby registry work? And is it the best registry option for you? Let’s take a look at how to confidently set up a registry for your precious little babe.
- How Do Baby Registrys Work?
- How Does A Target Baby Registry Work – The Benefits
- How Do I Create A Baby Registry At Target?
- Can I Share My Baby’s Target Registry?
- Sharing Your Target Registry:
- How To Create Your Own Link Name:
- When Should I Start My Target Baby Registry?
- How Many Items Should I Put On The Baby Registry?
- What About Big Ticket Items?
- The average spending amount…
- Returning Registry Items
- Universal Registry
- How to set up a universal registry bookmark on the Target website:
- Pro Tips
- A New Addition In The Family?
- How Does A Target Baby Registry Work – Final Thoughts
How Do Baby Registrys Work?
You’ve already shared the happy news with family and friends, and they couldn’t be more thrilled. Of course, everyone has an opinion of what you need to care for your newborn. On top of what you already know!
A registry works by creating a list of everything you require to care for your new baby. It’s the best way to keep track of what you’ll need for the little one and keep it all in one place. The baby registry can then be viewed by friends and family members online, who’ll want to buy a gift for the baby.
You won’t get two of each!
Once they’ve bought an item from your list, it will no longer be available for other people to purchase. Plus, you’ll have the details of who bought what, so you can send out thank you notes later!
How Does A Target Baby Registry Work – The Benefits
If you sign up for your new baby’s gift registry through Target, get excited by all the benefits that are coming your way! From a special Welcome Kit to exclusive deals, a 15% off coupon for ungifted items, gift tracking, and even page personalization. You are going to save big on essentials and all things baby!
Free Welcome Kit
Every expecting mother who signs up for a Target Baby registry is automatically gifted with a wonderful Welcome Kit. This kit is designed for new moms and overflowing with free samples and coupons worth over $150! It is shipped for free with any online order over $35. Or you can pick it up from Guest Services at your local Target store anytime with your barcode.
A Years Worth Of Exclusive Deals
A year of exclusive deals and awesome benefits… Through Target Circle, you’ll get access to deals all year long, like discounts saving 5-50% on essential baby items. Earning 1 – 5% cashback when you shop for your baby at Target and a yearly birthday gift of 5% off an entire shopping trip.
15% Off Coupon
You’ll receive two 15% off coupons eight weeks before Baby’s expected arrival date. One for in-store shopping and one for online. These can be used to purchase whatever is left on your registry. It’s valid for six months after the baby’s arrival date.
- Registry Checklist – Our smart checklist crosses off items as you build your registry.
- Group Gifting – Makes it easy for guests to contribute toward larger items.
- Gift Tracking – See who gave you what, and who you‘ve already thanked.
- Universal Registry – Add items from other companies to your Target registry!
- Price Match Guarantee – We’ll match the price if you buy a qualifying item at Target and then find the identical item for less.
- Free 2-Day Shipping – Enjoy fast, free shipping when you spend $35 or shop with your RedCard.
- Personalize Your Page – Add photos, set a custom URL, and more.
- Order Pickup – Your family and friends can shop your registry online and pick up their gifts at a nearby store.
- 15-Minute Updating – The list needs around 15 minutes to update, so if you or someone else has made a purchase, you’ll know about it shortly after.
- Curbside Collection – Order with Drive Up in the Target app and get your shop delivered right to your car.
- Same Day Delivery – Get groceries, diapers, and more delivered within hours.
How Do I Create A Baby Registry At Target?
You can complete the process in a few easy steps, either in-store at the Guest Services Counter or through Target.com. It’s important to note that as of September 2023, there is NO option to create, manage or share a registry via the Target app.
Creating Registry on Target.com
- Sign in to your Target.com account or quickly create one.
- Click on the Registry page.
- Select “BABY REGISTRY” and then hit the “CREATE” button.
- Then follow the prompts to create your new registry, including the expected arrival date, gender, your names, address, phone number, and if you’d like to make your registry public or private.
- Then, click “ADD ITEMS” from the top navigation list and start adding items straight away.
Yes, you can share the registry that you’ve created with loved ones! Just follow the steps below.
Sharing Your Target Registry:
- Sign in to your Target.com account.
- Click on the Registry page and select your Baby Registry.
- Then select the “MORE” page from the top navigation.
- Next, select “SHARE” your registry.
- Either copy and paste the link provided to your family and friends, or by selecting “CUSTOMIZE,” you can instead create your own link name.
How To Create Your Own Link Name:
- It’s now time to enter the link name you’d like for your registry.
- If the name is already in use, choose another or select one of the prompted suggestions.
When Should I Start My Target Baby Registry?
Just like a baby name list, you can start your baby registry at any time. Some start when they first find out the good news, and others leave it till the last minute. Whereas some choose to start it even started before they get pregnant! Usually, most moms-to-be start at around 12 weeks, as these things take a fair bit of time and work.
How Many Items Should I Put On The Baby Registry?
There is no limit to the number of items you can put on your registry. The average is around 120 items, yet this number depends on many factors, so just add items that you find necessary (or that you really want)!
What About Big Ticket Items?
Target’s baby registries allow for group gifting, so it’s easy for a few friends to pitch in and purchase a big ticket item for you! There is etiquette to how much people are expected to spend on your new baby, so having big ticket items won’t be daunting for the group gifters!
The average spending amount…
For example, it’s expected that your co-workers pitch in $30 – $50 each, which means you can cover some of the more expensive things! Friends or distant relatives usually spend around $50 and $100. For closer friends or family members, most will spend between $100 and $200 or more.
Returning Registry Items
If you have changed your mind on something you’ve received from your registry, you can return it up to one year after your baby has arrived earthside. Start the process through your account and use your returns barcode for most items that are unused and unopened. For more information, check out our informative article on the Target Baby Registry Return Policy or the Target Registry Returns FAQs.
Not only do you get to take advantage of all the exclusive perks with Target, but you also gain access to a universal registry! This feature allows you to add items from 3rd party sites to your Target Baby Registry via browser bookmarks.
How to set up a universal registry bookmark on the Target website:
- First, sign in to your Target account.
- Then visit the Registry page and select your registry.
- Go to the “OFFERS & BENEFITS” section on the registry’s Home page, and find “UNIVERSAL REGISTRY.”
- Then select “SEE HOW IT WORKS.”
- Now select and drag the “+TARGET REGISTRY” to the bookmark bar on your computer.
- If you can’t see your bookmark bar, press [Ctrl]+[Shift]+[B] for a Windows PC or [Command]+[Shift}+[B] for a Mac.
- When you find something you need on another retailer’s site, select the “+TARGET REGISTRY” button on the bookmark bar to add the item to your Target registry.
This feature doesn’t work on mobile browsers and is only supported by Safari, Chrome, and Firefox web browsers.
- Add these Target registry inserts to your baby shower announcements!
- Always update your registry shipping address if you move or relocate.
- Add essentials like diapers and wipes, as your baby will get through a lot!
- Don’t be afraid to add expensive items.
- It’s ok to change your mind on items!
- Remember, every baby is different; what works for one might not work for others.
A New Addition In The Family?
For general shopping, check out When Does Target Restock for the best merchandise, Does Target Sell Stamps if you’re sending off a letter, or perhaps you need to know Does Target Sell Cigarettes, and for your furry friend, Are Dogs Allowed in Target?
If you’re not happy with your purchase, take a look at the Target Return Policy After 90 Days and Target Return Policy Without Receipt for a general inquiry, but for certain products, we’ve also covered the Target Makeup Return Policy and Target Clothing Returns Policy.
How Does A Target Baby Registry Work – Final Thoughts
Is Target a good choice for your baby’s registry? They stock a lot of well-known and quality baby brands like Pampers, Baby Trend, Fisher Price, Tommee Tippee, and Graco. You get a lot of perks once you’ve set up your Target registry.
These include one year to return unused items to Target, universal registering, a $150 value welcome kit, and huge discounts on everything, including diapers and wipes, throughout the baby’s first year. You’ll get cashback earnings on every purchase, and with 1,900 store locations across all 50 states. Therefore, we think the Target baby registry gives you plenty of things to love!
Happy registering for your new baby at Target!