If you have ever ordered food through the popular app, you may be wondering how much do Uber Eats drivers make.
After all, they are the ones who are picking up your food and delivering it to your door. While driver pay rates vary depending on the city, I have compiled some information on how much drivers can expect to make in different cities across the United States.
So, let’s find out…
- What Is Uber Eats?
- How Much Money Can You Make With Uber Eats?
- Average Hourly Wage For Uber Eats Drivers
- How To Work For Uber Eats
- How To Make Money With Uber Eats?
- How To Maximize Your Earnings
- Become A Uber Or Lyft Driver Today!
- How Much Do Uber Eats Drivers Make? – Final Thoughts
What Is Uber Eats?
Before I get into how much money drivers make, let us first talk about what exactly Uber Eats is. In short, it is a food delivery service that allows users to order food from restaurants and have it delivered to their location. The app is available in numerous cities across the United States, as well as in other countries around the world.
Read more: Walmart Bike Return Policy
How Much Money Can You Make With Uber Eats?
The amount of money you can expect to make with delivery service depends on a number of factors, including the city you are driving in and the amount of time you are willing to spend on the job. So, here is the rundown for different cities across the United States.
New York City
In the Big Apple, the average driver earns around $20 per hour. This rate can fluctuate depending on the time of day and the number of orders you are able to complete.
Here in Boston, the average rate is a little higher at $21 per hour. Again, this number can change based on the time of day and how many requests you are able to carry out.
This is one of the highest-paying cities for Uber Eats drivers, with an average hourly rate of $26.27.
You can expect the average hourly rate to be around $24.00. Not the highest paying area, but it is up there with them.
One of the lower-paying cities on my list is Tampa, Florida, where the average hourly rate is $10. Less than half of what the average driver is making in San Francisco. This is usually to account for the cost of living in these areas.
Atlanta, Georgia, falls somewhere in the middle, with an average hourly rate of $17 for Uber Eats drivers.
Average Hourly Wage For Uber Eats Drivers
As you can see, the average hourly wage for this role varies depending on the city. However, the average wage across all cities is only around $14.90 once you factor in gas and other expenses.
How To Work For Uber Eats
If you are interested in becoming an Uber Eats driver, there are a few things you need to know. First, you must be at least 19 years old and have a valid driver’s license. You will also need to have access to a car, truck, or SUV that is insured and in good working condition.
Once you meet these requirements, you can sign up to be a driver through the Uber Eats app. When you are signed up, you will be able to start accepting delivery requests. You can choose to work as little or as much as you want, and you can even set your own schedule.
How To Make Money With Uber Eats?
So how exactly does the app work? Well, when a customer orders food through the app, they will be given a list of nearby restaurants to choose from. Once they select a restaurant, their order will be sent to the Uber Eats driver closest to the restaurant. The driver will then pick up the food and deliver it to the customer’s location.
For each delivery, you will earn a base rate, as well as a per-mile and per-minute rate. The amount you earn will depend on the distance of the delivery and the time it takes you to complete the delivery. You will also earn a small fee for each order you complete. In addition to your per-delivery rate, you can also earn tips from customers. Tips are optional, but they are a fantastic way to boost your earnings.
Uber Eats Incentives
On top of your base pay, you may also be eligible for incentives. These are bonuses that you can earn by meeting certain criteria, such as completing a certain number of deliveries in a week or completing deliveries during high-demand times.
How To Maximize Your Earnings
Okay, we know that a delivery driver is not the most lucrative gig, but it is possible to make a decent living off of it. Here are some tips to help you maximize your earnings:
- Work during high-demand times: This includes lunch and dinner rushes, as well as late-night shifts. You will typically earn more money during these times, so it is worth it to work when demand is high.
- Complete as many deliveries as possible: The more deliveries you complete, the more money you will make. So, if you are looking to boost your earnings, try to complete as many deliveries as you can.
- Use a bike or scooter: If you use a bike or scooter for deliveries, you will be able to make more deliveries in a shorter amount of time. This means you will earn more money in the long run.
- Know your route: If you know your delivery route, you will be able to make deliveries more quickly and efficiently.
- Offer great customer service: Customers are more likely to tip if they have a pleasant experience throughout the delivery process.
- Surge pricing: This is when Uber Eats increases the delivery fee during times of high demand. If you are willing to work during these times, you can earn more money. Just be sure to factor in the increased cost of gas and tolls!
- Use Uber Eats Pro: this is a reward program for drivers. If you complete a certain number of deliveries, you will earn rewards like free food and Uber cash.
- Refer new drivers: You can earn referral bonuses by referring friends to Uber Eats. If you know someone who is looking to become a driver, be sure to refer them.
- Drive safely: This not only protects you and your passengers but also helps you earn more money. If you have a clean driving record, you will be eligible for bonuses and discounts.
- Use the right car: If you use a fuel-efficient car, you can save money on gas which will allow you to make more deliveries. Therefore, if you are looking to maximize your earnings, be sure to use a fuel-efficient car.
Read more: Do Uber Eats Drivers See Tips?
Become A Uber Or Lyft Driver Today!
If you’re thinking of becoming a delivery driver, check out our Uber Mission And Vision Statement Analysis and our Lyft Mission And Vision Statement Analysis to compare the two company cultures, along with our comparison of Lyft vs Uber Income; if you’re not sure, which option to choose.
Next, let’s take an in-depth look at the Uber Application, and Uber Eats Application, or why not try my Doordash Application, and if you have a criminal record, find out Can A Felon Drive For Lyft and Can A Felon Drive For Uber before applying.
For a few more driving job ideas, check out our Delivery Driver Job Description, our Pizza Delivery Driver Job Description, and why not take a look at our Truck Driver Job Description, Tractor Trailer Truck Driver Job Description, and OTR Driver Job Description, or maybe even our Shuttle Bus Driver Job Description, and School Bus Driver Job Description for 2023.
How Much Do Uber Eats Drivers Make? – Final Thoughts
There you have it! These are just a few tips to help you make more money as an Uber Eats driver. So, if you are looking to maximize your earnings, be sure to work during high-demand times, complete as many deliveries as possible, and use a bike or scooter.
You should also try to use Uber Eats Pro and refer new drivers. And finally, be sure to drive safely and use a fuel-efficient car so that when people ask you How Much Do Uber Eats Drivers Make? You can tell them you have maximized your earnings!
All the very best working as an Uber Eats Driver!