One of the most commonly asked questions is How much does it cost to post jobs on Indeed?… because it always comes down to money.
That’s why I decided to take an in-depth look at the different ways you can post jobs on Indeed and how much each option costs. There are also some tips on how to write an eye-catching job post that will attract top talent!
- What Is Indeed?
- How Much Does It Cost To Post Jobs On Indeed?
- How To Post On Indeed?
- Pros And Cons Of Using Indeed For Job Posting
- Tips For Writing An Eye-catching Job Post
- How About Recruiting On LinkedIn?
- Final Thoughts
What Is Indeed?
Indeed, is a job board that allows employers to post jobs for free or pay to sponsor their posts. Indeed, has millions of visitors each week and has become one of the larger job boards in the world. It is also open source, meaning it will allow users to post jobs from any company they choose.
How Much Does It Cost To Post Jobs On Indeed?
There are two ways to post a job on Indeed: free and sponsored.
The free way is just that – free!
You can post jobs without any fees or charges. However, your job will be listed with other jobs in the same category, and it may not get as much exposure as a sponsored post.
A sponsored post:
This will cost you $199, but your job will be featured at the top of the search results, and it will also be included in the Indeed email newsletter. This is a great way to reach more candidates and get more applications.
How To Post On Indeed?
Now that you know how much it costs to post a job on Indeed, let’s take a look at how to actually do it.
The first step is to create an account with Indeed. You can do this by clicking the “Create Account” button on the homepage. Once you have created an account, you will be able to post jobs in just a few minutes.
To post a job, you will need to provide some basic information about the position. This includes the title of the job, a brief description, the location, and the type of position. You can also specify if you are looking for a full-time or part-time employee, and whether or not you are willing to hire remote workers.
Don’t forget your contact details…
You will also need to provide some contact information so that candidates can apply for the job. This could be an email address or a website where candidates can submit their applications. Once you have provided all this information, hit “Post Job,” and your post will be live on Indeed!
Pros And Cons Of Using Indeed For Job Posting
- It is free! As long as you are willing to post your job for no cost, it will be listed without any fees or charges.
- It is easy! There are no complicated steps involved in posting a job on Indeed, and it can be done in just a few minutes.
- It is popular! Millions of people visit Indeed each week, so your job post will reach a large audience.
- Your job may get lost in the shuffle. With so many jobs being posted on Indeed, your position may not receive as much exposure as a sponsored post.
- It is only available in English. If you are looking to post a job in another language, you will need to use a different job board.
Tips For Writing An Eye-catching Job Post
Now that you know exactly how much it costs to post a job on Indeed, and how to actually post a job, let’s take a look at some tips for writing an eye-catching job post.
- Make sure your title catches people’s attention. The title is the first thing candidates will see, so make sure it accurately describes the position you are hiring for.
- Write a brief description of the job that gives potential applicants a sense of what they would be doing if they were hired. Be specific about the responsibilities and duties of the position and mention any important qualifications or skills that are required.
- List the location and type of position. This will help candidates determine if they are eligible to apply or not.
- Include a link to the company’s website and social media accounts so that applicants can get more information about the position before they apply.
- Use keywords in your post so that it will show up in search results.
How About Recruiting On LinkedIn?
There are so many job boards and websites for recruiters today… we’ve already covered Indeed, so why not try LinkedIn?
Check out these awesome handbooks to optimize your recruitment skills online with the Create A Featured Profile On LinkedIn and How To Search For Jobs On LinkedIn Privately, plus How To Find Candidates Looking For Jobs On Linkedin and the LinkedUp – 10 Optimization Strategies To Become An Overnight LinkedIn Influencer.
As well as a selection of general recruitment guides, take a look at Becoming the Silver Bullet: Recruiting Strategies for Connecting with Top Talent, the Recruiting 101: The Fundamentals of Being a Great Recruiter, the Top Talent Sourcing Tools for Recruiters: A Beginner’s Guide, and the Full Stack Recruiter: The Ultimate Edition also available online in 2023.
Of course, that’s not all; we also recommend reading up on The Robot-Proof Recruiter: A Survival Guide for Recruitment and Sourcing Professional, the Technology Made Simple for the Technical Recruiter, or how about The Recruiter’s Handbook: A Complete Guide to Sourcing, Selecting, & Engaging the Best Talent.
Indeed is a great way to find top talent. Posting a job on Indeed is easy and free, but it may not get as much exposure as a sponsored post. Depending on the job you’re recruiting for, say it’s a high-profile position, we recommend going the sponsored way!
However, the benefits of using Indeed outweigh the cons, so it is definitely worth considering! Be sure to write an eye-catching job post that will attract the best candidates!
You now know what your options are and how much it’ll cost to post jobs on Indeed. As well as how to write an effective job ad.
Good Luck, and we hope you find the perfect candidate!