When it comes to buying gifts for family and friends, some can be easy and while others prove to be a lot more difficult to buy for. And, let’s be honest, it’s the same for you. Some loved ones know exactly what makes the perfect gift that you’ll love and use til the end of time (or until it breaks)! Whilst others always seem to get you and the gift wrong, every single time…
So, you might be wondering How To Return An Amazon Gift Without the Giver Knowing.
Well, let’s find out…
- Does The Gift Giver Need To Find Out?
- How To Return An Amazon Gift Without the Giver Knowing – What’s The Return Process?
- Are There Any Items That Can’t Be Returned?
- How Will My Refund Get Processed?
- Useful Tips For Amazon Returns
- Elevate Your Amazon Shopping Experience!
- How To Return An Amazon Gift Without the Giver Knowing – Final Thoughts
Does The Gift Giver Need To Find Out?
Fortunately, it’s a resounding no (in most cases). If you’ve been gifted an item from Amazon that just doesn’t cut your mustard. You can return it for a refund, allowing you to purchase something much more to your liking.
Plus, Amazon will not alert the original buyer that it is being returned. This is largely because the value of the unwanted gift gets loaded onto an Amazon.com Gift Card after being processed.
Three Ways To Make Your Return
There are three ways in which you can return your unwanted gift. You can use the gift receipt, the 17-digit order number, or the tracking number from the shipping box. However, if you don’t have any of these three things, then you will have to ask the person who gifted you to help you process the return.
How To Return An Amazon Gift Without the Giver Knowing – What’s The Return Process?
Thankfully the returns process is pretty simple; just follow these steps:
- Open the ‘Returns Center’ on your computer.
- Sign in to your Amazon account. Alternatively, if you don’t have an account, you’ll need to create one.
- Enter the 17-digit order number of the item you are returning.
- Then select ‘Search.’
- Choose which item/s to return and then the ‘Return Reason’ from the drop-down menu.
- Select your ‘Preferred Return Method.’
- Follow the instructions on the screen until completion.
After completing the online process, all that remains is to return the item physically.
Make The Return With A Gift Receipt
The process to return something with a gift receipt is a little different from the above. Amazon makes it clear in its terms and conditions that this way of returning is only valid on mobile devices. You’ll need to visit the website link that you will find printed on your gift receipt. Then follow the prompts to complete your return that way.
Make A Return With The Tracking Number
If you can’t find a gift receipt or packing slip with the 17-digit order number with your Amazon gift. You can get in touch with an Amazon.com representative and let them know the tracking number printed on your shipping label. They can then assist you with completing the return.
Does It Cost Anything To Return It?
No! You’ll be pleased to know that there are no shipping fees needed to be paid to return unwanted gifts to Amazon.
Are There Any Items That Can’t Be Returned?
Yes, you can refer to this list which includes most, but not all, the items that Amazon.com doesn’t accept returns for.
- Grocery products.
- Kindles and computers (including laptops, desktops, and gaming components) more than 30 days after delivery.
- Items classified as hazardous materials or that use flammable liquids or gases Downloadable software products.
- Open software.
- Online subscriptions after they have been accessed.
- Gift cards (except as required by law).
- Prepaid game cards (Star Wars, World of Warcraft, Nintendo Switch, Xbox 360 Live, etc.)
- Some jewelry orders.
- Some health and personal care orders.
- Any product missing the serial number or UPC.
You can also check out Amazon’s returns policy to make sure the gifted item you’d like to return is eligible.
Can I track The Gift Return?
Absolutely. Amazon makes it easy to keep track of the status of your returned gift. There are two ways in which you can do this. The first is by following the link in the ‘Return Summary Email’ that you will receive shortly after completing your returns request. The second is by logging into your Amazon Account and heading to the Amazon Returns Center.
How Will My Refund Get Processed?
As mentioned, you will receive the refund by way of an Amazon.com Gift Card. After the item has been processed, the refunded amount will appear in the ‘Gift Card Balance’ of the Amazon Account you used to generate your return.
However, if you are the gift giver, the one who made the purchase, you can choose whether you would like to receive a refund to your gift card balance or the original payment method.
A Gift over $2000!
It’s worth mentioning that gifted items valued at more than $2000 can only be refunded to the original payment method. So, can we just say ‘WOW’ to the kind friend or family member who was generous enough to splash that kind of cash?!
And, being a major purchase, let’s hope this was the type of friend who knows you better than you know yourself. Therefore gifting you something amazing with no need to return it!
What If I Can’t Find Any Order or Tracking Information?
If this is the case and you don’t have any of the necessary details or information, then I’m afraid the only way you can return it is by contacting the person who originally bought the gift from Amazon for you.
Oh, the shame! But hey, if this person is truly your friend, then they shouldn’t be offended that you didn’t love their idea of a great gift for you. And therefore, will be happy to assist you with completing the return! It might even be a great learning curve for them in what sort of things are to your taste.
Return Policy Timeframe
If you have received an unwanted gift from Amazon, you are probably wondering how long you’ve got to return it. Especially if you’ve put it on that never-ending ‘To Do List’ and it’s been forgotten about as it’s lurking somewhere near the bottom!
You’ll be happy to know that the returns policy for an unwanted gift is quite generous. You have 30 days from the date of receipt to return the item/s for a refund.
Amazon, Not Just a Marketplace
Amazon is the world’s largest online retailer and marketplace that provides you with, well, pretty much everything! They are leading the online shopping world in terms of revenue and sales, and it’s not just due to its eCommerce marketplace.
Amazon is also a giant in the tech world and has a whole hand in a lot of different pies! To complement the extensive marketplace, they also shine in cloud computing, digital streaming, and artificial intelligence. So your present might actually pertain to one of these other categories if that’s your jam and you have a most thoughtful gifter!
Useful Tips For Amazon Returns
In general, Amazon is pretty flexible regarding returns. But keep these things in mind when you are deciding to return, or not to return.
- Be sure to return the item before your 30-day window has expired. Otherwise, Amazon has every right to refuse the return, and you’ll be stuck with the unwanted item. Regifting anyone!?
- If you have more than one gift to return, it’s recommended that you repeat the returns process for each item. That way, the refund won’t be complicated, resulting in possible delays.
- You cannot return an opened or used item! So if you are unsure about it, do not “try before you buy” and test it out!
- If your gift was bought from a third-party vendor, during the returns process, you’ll see a box that says “Submit Return Request.” This allows the seller to evaluate the return, so it’s likely it will be ‘Pending’ and not fully complete until the third-party seller has actioned it accordingly.
Elevate Your Amazon Shopping Experience!
Make the most of your clicking by checking out our insightful guides. Let’s first take a look at Does Amazon Do Price Adjustments for the best deals, as well as the Amazon Order Cancellation Policy and Can You Hide Orders On Amazon for your more discreet shopping!
Before you check out, you might be wondering Does Amazon Take Apple Pay, along with Does Amazon Accept PayPal or perhaps you’re low on cash this month and need to know Does Amazon Accept Afterpay or even Can You Split Payments On Amazon in 2023.
If your waiting for a weekend parcel, take a look at Does Amazon Prime Deliver On Sunday, and if you’re really getting worried, What Time Does Amazon Deliver, or even perhaps How Late Does Amazon Deliver?
How To Return An Amazon Gift Without the Giver Knowing – Final Thoughts
Just so you know, there’s nothing wrong with returning an unwanted or unsuitable gift to Amazon. If it’s something that you will never use, or enjoy, then swap it for something useful that you need. (Or really want!)
It’s an easy process, and you will get refunded with an Amazon.com gift card balance to use towards something that will float your boat. So, now you know the best way to return an Amazon Gift without the giver knowing! Just remember to do it using the order number or gift receipt.
Good luck with your Amazon Return!
- Truck Driver Job Description
- Does Walmart accept Afterpay, Buy Now, Pay Later? (2023 Updated)
- Lucky Supermarkets Application Online: Jobs & Career Info
- Best Answers to “How Would Your Coworkers Describe You?”
- What is a C–level Executive? (Full Guide)
- BP Application Online: Jobs & Career Info
- PetSmart Interview Questions
- Cinemark Application Online: Jobs & Career Info
- $19 An Hour Is How Much A Year?
- Does TJ Maxx Take Apple Pay? (2023 Updated)