It’s always interesting to get to know new people. And you can learn a lot about them by asking some questions about their lives. But what about people you have known forever?
Playing the game ‘How Well Do You Know Me?’ is a fantastic way to get to know each other even better!
So, let’s find out more, including a look at the very best How Well Do You Know Me Questions!
- How To Play?
- How Well Do You Know Me Questions Game?
- School Category
- Things To Avoid
- How To Use The Game To Deepen Your Relationship?
- Build Your Self-Confidence For Social Situations
- Final Thoughts
How To Play?
The game consists of questions about the person’s family, friends, dreams, lifestyle, likes, hates, and other topics. All you need to do is ask the person questions from various categories, and if they can answer them correctly, then they really know a lot about you!
Read more: Academic Advisor Interview Questions
How Well Do You Know Me Questions Game?
There are many different questions you can ask to find out how well you know someone. Here are some ideas:
Here you can ask how well the person knows your favorite things!
- What is my favorite color?
- What is my favorite food?
- What kind of music do I like to listen to?
- What is my favorite hobby?
- What is my favorite genre of movie?
- What type of books do I like to read?
- Who is my favorite musician?
- What is my favorite social media platform?
- What is my favorite ice cream flavor?
- What is my favorite alcoholic beverage?
- What is my fashion style?
- How do I take my coffee?
- What is my ultimate breakfast?
This category will help you find out how much your friend or family member knows about what you don’t like.
- What is something I absolutely hate?
- What type of movies do I not enjoy watching?
- What subject did I dislike in school the most?
- What do I hate the most about doing chores?
- What activity makes me feel the most uncomfortable?
- What is my least favorite genre of movie?
- What type of food do I dislike the most?
- What type of music do I find the least enjoyable?
- What social media platform do I dislike the most?
- What type of clothing or fashion style do I not like?
- What type of activities or pastimes do I avoid?
Make sure your friends or partner know everything about your family by asking them some questions like:
- Who are my parents?
- What are their names?
- How many siblings do I have?
- What are my brother’s/sister’s names?
- Where do my parents work?
- What are my grandparents’ names?
- How many cousins do I have?
- What are my pet’s names?
- Where are my family members from?
- What is my family’s culture?
- What are the funny stories about my family members?
As the Spice girls say, “If you wanna be my lover, you gotta get with my friends.” So why not find out how well your partner knows them?
- What is the name of my best friend?
- Who is my closest guy/girlfriend?
- What is her/his name?
- How long have we been friends?
- What are some of our common interests?
- What is the name of my oldest friend?
- How did I meet them?
- What are some of our embarrassing moments?
- What is the name of my most recent friend?
- How did we get to know each other?
- What do my friends think of me?
It’s always interesting to know what people want out of life. Ask your friends or partner how well they know your dreams:
- What is my biggest dream?
- What kind of career do I want to pursue?
- Where would I like to travel the most?
- What do I want to do after I retire?
- What is my biggest goal in life?
- Who inspires me?
- What do I want to achieve in the next five years?
We all have different lifestyles and habits. Find out how well your friends or family know you by asking these questions:
- How do I spend most of my free time?
- What do I enjoy doing when I am alone?
- How often do I exercise?
- How often do I clean my house?
- What do I like to cook for dinner?
- What kind of TV shows do I watch?
- What is my dream house?
- How many children would I like?
- Cats or dogs?
- What is my favorite designer brand?
- What is my favorite restaurant?
- Who are my neighbors?
Early Life Category
This category will help you find out how much people know about your childhood.
- Where did I grow up?
- Who were my closest friends in school?
- What kind of activities did I enjoy during my childhood?
- How was my relationship with my parents when I was young?
- What did I want to become when I grew up?
- What were some of my earliest memories?
- Where did I grow up?
Embarrassing Moments Category
You might want to forget them, but everyone has had embarrassing moments in their life. Here are some questions to ask your friends and family:
- What was the most embarrassing moment I ever had in school?
- What do I regret the most about my teenage years?
- What was the most embarrassing thing that happened to me in public?
- What was the most embarrassing thing that I have ever done in front of my friends?
- What is my most embarrassing toilet story?
- What is the most embarrassing thing I’ve ever said?
- What was my most embarrassing experience in a relationship?
Find out how well your friends and family know you by asking them these questions about your firsts:
- What was my first job?
- What was the first thing I ever bought with my own money?
- Who was my first crush?
- What was my first car?
- Where did I go for my first vacation alone?
- What was the first thing I ever cooked?
- Who was my first best friend?
- Who was my first kiss?
- Who was my first partner?
- When was my first time?
- What was my first date?
- When was my first breakup?
- What was my first pet?
- What was my first concert/show?
Everyone has a unique way of expressing love. Use these questions to find out how well your friends and family know your romance language:
- What is my idea of a romantic date?
- What music do I enjoy listening to on a date?
- How would I spend Valentine’s Day with my partner?
- What kind of gifts do I like to receive?
- How do I show affection for someone special?
- What does romance mean to me?
- What is my ideal romantic getaway?
- What was my best date?
- What is my most romantic meeting for the first time story?
- Do I use dating apps?
- What would my dating app say?
- Would I ask a person out first?
- Would I make the first move?
- What is my definition of love?
- What makes me fall in love?
- What do I look for in a partner?
- What do I think are the most important qualities in a partner?
- Looks or personality?
- Are there any qualities I don’t like in a partner?
- Do I believe in soulmates?
Being a global citizen means learning how to travel, explore and experience different cultures. Ask your friends and family these questions about your travels:
- Where is the most interesting place I have ever been to?
- What is the riskiest thing I have done while traveling?
- Where would I like to go if I had enough money?
- What do I like most about traveling?
- What was my craziest travel experience?
- What is my worst travel experience?
- What is the most adventurous thing I have done while traveling?
- How do I like to spend my time when I’m away from home?
- What is my favorite travel destination and why?
Climbing that career ladder is no mean feat. Ask your friends and family these questions about your career:
- How long have I been in this current role?
- What do I like the most about my job?
- What challenges have I faced in my job, and how did I overcome them?
- Do I have any career goals or ambitions?
- What do I think is the key to success in my job?
- What is the most important thing I have learned from my career so far?
- How has my career evolved?
- Who was my best boss?
- Who was my worst boss?
- Who is my best friend at work?
- What was my biggest achievement at work?
- Was this what I wanted to be when I was little?
- What was my most stressful career experience?
- How did I handle it?
School can be a tough time for some and a breeze for others. Ask your friends and family these questions about your school days:
- What was my favorite subject in school?
- What was my least favorite subject in school?
- Who was my best teacher, and why?
- Was I a good student or a naughty one in school?
- What was my biggest success in school?
- Did I have any hobbies outside of school?
- Did I have any embarrassing moments in school?
- What was the most important lesson I learned in school?
- What was my most memorable moment in school?
- Who were my best friends at school?
- What kind of student was I, academically?
- What did I always do after school?
- Did I participate in any extracurricular activities?
- What was my school uniform?
- Was there a teacher that really influenced me?
- What was my favorite school trip or excursion?
- Did I ever have to stay after school?
- What was the best thing about being a student?
These questions are perfect for getting to know someone on a deeper level:
- What is the most important lesson I have learned in life?
- What do I think is the key to happiness?
- If money wasn’t a factor, what would I be doing with my life?
- What is the best advice I have ever received?
- What do I think makes a person successful?
- What do I value most in a friendship?
- What does true love mean to me?
- How would I define success?
- What do I consider to be my biggest strength?
- What are my top three values in life?
- How do I define myself as a person?
- What is my biggest fear?
- What would I do if I could go back in time and change something?
- How have I changed since I was a child?
- What do I think is the most important thing in life?
- What are my goals for the future?
- What do I think is the most important thing to remember in life?
Things To Avoid
When asking these ‘How Well Do You Know Me’ questions, it is important to be aware of topics that may cause uncomfortable feelings.
Try to avoid sensitive subjects such as:
- Past relationships (if doing this with a partner)
- Family issues
How To Use The Game To Deepen Your Relationship?
1 Start with easy questions first. This will help break the ice and get your friends/family comfortable talking about your relationship.
2 Ask questions that make the other person think and reflect on their answers.
3 Allow time for reflection and thoughtful responses before asking a follow-up question or moving on to another topic.
4 Be respectful when answering your own questions – this will show that you are open to feedback as well as criticism.
5 Ask questions that will help you both understand each other better and create a stronger bond, such as “What are your favorite memories of us together?”
6 Be open and honest with your responses – it’s important to be truthful when answering questions like these.
7 Don’t be afraid to laugh and have fun with the questions – it’s okay to lighten the mood when needed.
8 End the conversation on a positive note by thanking the other person for sharing their thoughts. This will show them that you value their opinion.
Remember, don’t get angry if your partner keeps getting the answers wrong. This is the time to get to know each other better, not a competition!
Build Your Self-Confidence For Social Situations
Are you looking to improve on your social skills? Then let’s take a look at a great selection of online guides such as The Confidence Code – The Science and Art of Self-Assurance, the Unstoppable Self Confidence, and You Are a Badass – How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness & Start Living an Awesome Life.
In addition, check out The Self Confidence Workbook, how to Get Out of Your Head, and The Confidence Gap: A Guide to Overcoming Fear and Self-Doubt, along with Get Out of Your Own Way – Overcoming Self-Defeating Behavior, to help boost your self-esteem.
Lastly, take a look at Stop Overthinking – 23 Techniques to Relieve Stress, Stop Negative Spirals, and Declutter Your Mind to help get out of your head, and Self-Esteem – Cognitive Techniques for Assessing, Improving, & Maintaining Your Self-Esteem, all available online in 2023.
When asking these questions, keep it lighthearted and fun. Make sure to use a variety of different categories to get the best response from your friends and family. The more creative you can be with the categories, the better!
It’s also important to remember that this is meant to be a fun game, so try not to take it too seriously. And most importantly, have fun!
Enjoy playing the game and getting to know each other!