IKEA, a Swedish furniture retailer with more than 40 store locations in the United States, is always looking for new employees to fill various career-focused and entry-level positions. Candidates can apply in-store or online at any IKEA shop locations.
For most positions within the company, IKEA looks for people who are at least 18 years old and have a high school education or the equivalent certification or education. In-house applicants typically get considered, while, for managerial positions, experience may be required.
Please check out the below-mentioned details to know about IKEA’s hiring and job application process.
- Operational Hours and Work Schedule at IKEA
- Job Prospects at IKEA
- The Job Positions Available at IKEA
- The Online Job Application Process of IKEA
- Checking Job Application Status for IKEA
- Benefits and Perks While Working at IKEA
- Additional Details of IKEA
Operational Hours and Work Schedule at IKEA
If you want to join IKEA, your age should be 18 during the hiring process. The operational and shift timings of IKEA are as follows:
- Sunday to Thursday: 10:00 a.m. to 08:00 p.m.
- Friday to Saturday: 10:00 a.m. to 09:00 p.m.
Job Prospects at IKEA
IKEA, which gets recognized for its modern architectural, eco-friendly, simple interior and furniture design, combines global expansion, constant product development, cost-control, and pricing points effectively lower than the competition.
With the company’s continuing growth, career possibilities exist across the board, particularly in distribution centers and retail locations located around the region. This furniture store chain is always looking for candidates who have a genuine interest in interacting with the public, are punctual, and have scheduling flexibility. The candidates commonly advance to management roles after beginning their careers in-store since IKEA constantly advances employees from within.
The Job Positions Available at IKEA
The career opportunities available at IKEA include Store Manager, Assistant Manager, Loss Prevention Associate, Stock Controller, Sales Associate, and cashier positions. you may find the below-mentioned job positions readily available at IKEA:
- Replenishment Associates often get referred to as Stock Workers.
- They usually work for around fifteen to thirty hours a week.
- They are also responsible for transporting items and other goods across the store when required.
- The replenishment associates are also responsible for maintaining organized work settings, merchandise as per store policies, and reporting damage to the inventory department or associates.
- They usually earn around $10.00 to $13.00 per hour at IKEA.
- Sales Associates are responsible for rotating stock in different departments and assisting customers in finding products.
- They usually earn around $09.00 to $12.00 per hour at IKEA.
- Store Managers and Assistant Managers at IKEA are responsible for ensuring profitability and sales.
- They are also responsible for acting quickly on customer complaints, initializing store promotions, training, and including staff.
- Department Managers are responsible for subordinating employees, supervising specific store areas, and representing promoted Sales Associates.
- IKEA usually offers around $50k to $80k to its management-level positions.
The Online Job Application Process of IKEA
IKEA extends multiple career opportunities updated over its career portal that job hopefuls should explore and apply. IKEA’s process of online application is as follows:
- Initiate your online application process by visiting IKEA’s official online platform.
- Tap on the “Read More” tab that appeared on this page. You can apply for IKEA’s national and international job positions by tapping on the respective tab, including “National Jobs” or “International Jobs.”
- Tap on the “I accept” tab to agree to IKEA’s terms and conditions. You may also tap on the “I do not accept” if you don’t want to move further.
- Tap on the “Search Openings” tab to choose your desired job title, employment type, location, country, or work area to tap on “Search” tab.
- Tap on the specific job role that you find suitable or required to apply for at IKEA.
- Read the job overview of the position you selected to apply for at IKEA and tap on the “Apply” tab.
- Create your profile for an IKEA career by entering the required data and tap on the “Next” tab.
- Fill up the complete sections that appear and submit your employment application form to IKEA.
Checking Job Application Status for IKEA
Candidates usually respond from IKEA’s recruiting staff in a week or two of submitting their job application forms. They generally use e-mails to convey a certain kind of contact while applying online to IKEA. Candidates who apply in person at IKEA store locations may be able to get on-the-spot interviews with the retail chain, particularly for openings in locations that need to get filled immediately. Workers should take the initiative and contact through e-mails or visit IKEA store locations to gently enquire about job status if applicants do not hear back within a reasonable period.
Benefits and Perks While Working at IKEA
IKEA, the international company, provides employees with a broad range of employee benefits after hiring, including the following:
- Eligible IKEA employees receive vision benefits with dental and medical coverage plans.
- They also get advancement opportunities and excellent pay rates while working for IKEA.
- Employees usually enjoy paid vacations, sick time, and store discounts valid worldwide.
- Certain IKEA employees benefit from 401 (K) retirement plans as their additional retirement options.
Additional Details of IKEA
With in-house IKEA Restaurant in selective locations, the business provides shoppers with a real taste of native cultures. The restaurants feature various vegetarian, organic, and healthy, organic options to please diners and Swedish-style food and local cuisines. Consumers on the go are also entertained with bistro alternatives if they want full meals to snacks. In addition, the international store provides customers with the option to buy Scandinavian flavors to carry home in the Swedish Food Market and recipe assistance on IKEA’s online platform.
The international furniture store chain, IKEA, is based out in Delft, Netherlands. The store hires over 180,000 individuals across the world. IKEA has more than 300 international store locations and is one of the largest furniture retailers worldwide. Job seekers can easily find various career types at IKEA’s online platform.
They can also apply for management, retail, IT, interior design, eCommerce, customer service, construction, and administration positions as per their choice. The guide to the online application process is available in the article above, which you may follow and apply for a suitable career at IKEA. This may be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and you should make the most of it.