- Janice Pennington Net Worth: How She Built Her Fortune and Left a Lasting Legacy
- What is Janice Pennington’s Net Worth and Salary?
- Early Life and Education
- Personal Life
- Real Estate
- 1. What was Janice Pennington’s signature look on The Price is Right?
- 2. Did Janice Pennington ever face any controversies during her career?
- 3. What other TV shows and movies did Janice Pennington appear in?
- 4. Why did Janice Pennington leave The Price is Right?
- 5. Did Janice Pennington have any other interests or hobbies outside of her career?
- 6. How did Janice Pennington influence the modeling industry?
- 7. What was Janice Pennington’s involvement in charity work?
- 8. Was Janice Pennington ever romantically linked to Bob Barker?
Janice Pennington Net Worth: How She Built Her Fortune and Left a Lasting Legacy
What is Janice Pennington’s Net Worth and Salary?
Janice Pennington’s net worth is estimated to be $10 million, earned through her successful career as a model, actress, and game show hostess. During her time as a model, she became a household name for her appearances on The Price is Right, where she worked for nearly two decades. Her salary during her tenure on the show has not been disclosed, but it is believed to have been a significant portion of her overall fortune.
Early Life and Education
Janice Pennington was born on July 8, 1942, in Seattle, Washington. She grew up in a military family and traveled frequently during her childhood while her father served in World War II. Pennington attended Grant High School in Portland, Oregon, before moving to California to attend college.
Pennington began her career as a model in the early 1960s, posing for magazines and appearing in commercials. She landed her breakthrough role as a model on The Price is Right in 1972, becoming a staple on the show for the next 18 years. Pennington became known for her charismatic personality, sharp wit, and stunning looks, earning a legion of fans and admirers.
In addition to her work on The Price is Right, Pennington also appeared in numerous TV shows and movies throughout her career, including Supertrain, The Love Boat, and Police Woman. In 1981, she starred in the film “The Happy Hooker Goes Hollywood.”
Pennington was married to Fritz Stammberger, a German film editor, from 1972 to 1976. In 1980, she married actor Robert D. Parks, with whom she had a daughter named Melissa. The couple divorced in 2002.
Pennington owned several properties throughout her life, including a 3,600-square-foot home in the Hollywood Hills that she sold in 2016 for $2.9 million.
Pennington passed away on November 17, 2021, at the age of 79. She will be remembered as a trailblazer in the modeling industry and as one of the most beloved game show hostesses in history.
1. What was Janice Pennington’s signature look on The Price is Right?
Janice Pennington was known for her blonde hair, captivating smile, and colorful wardrobe choices. She often wore brightly colored dresses and jumpsuits that showed off her figure and matched the vibrant and playful tone of the show.
2. Did Janice Pennington ever face any controversies during her career?
While Pennington was a beloved figure on The Price is Right, she did face a controversy in 1988 when a light fixture fell on her during a taping of the show. She suffered injuries to her head and body and filed a lawsuit against the production company and the manufacturer of the light fixture. The case was ultimately settled out of court.
3. What other TV shows and movies did Janice Pennington appear in?
In addition to her work on The Price is Right, Pennington had a successful acting career, appearing in numerous TV shows and movies throughout the 1970s and 1980s. Some of her other credits include Supertrain, The Love Boat, and Police Woman.
4. Why did Janice Pennington leave The Price is Right?
Pennington left The Price is Right in 1995 after suffering injuries in a car accident. While she attempted to return to the show briefly, she ultimately decided to retire from the program.
5. Did Janice Pennington have any other interests or hobbies outside of her career?
Pennington was well-known for her love of animals and was an advocate for animal rights throughout her life. She was also an avid reader and enjoyed traveling.
6. How did Janice Pennington influence the modeling industry?
Pennington was a trailblazer in the modeling industry and helped to break down barriers for models both on and off the runway. As a successful model in her own right, she paved the way for future generations of models to succeed.
7. What was Janice Pennington’s involvement in charity work?
Pennington was involved in numerous charitable causes throughout her life, with a particular focus on animal rights and the welfare of animals. She was a long-time supporter of the Humane Society of the United States and was recognized for her contributions to the organization in 2009.
Although there were rumors of a romantic relationship between Pennington and Bob Barker during their time working together on The Price is Right, both parties have denied any such relationship. Barker has been very vocal in his admiration and respect for Pennington, but their relationship has always been strictly professional.