Lord and Taylor is the department store chain with its strong establishment along the Eastern Seaboard in the United States. It was founded in 1826 and serves to promote specialty brands. It currently operates more than fifty locations in Chicago and Detroit’s Midwestern markets. Job hunters looking for a career at Lord and Taylor should visit its career webpage and apply for the suitable job positions updated on the site.
You should check out the eligibility criteria set by Lord and Taylor and the job summary before applying for a job position. In addition, we have summarized the current job roles available at Lord and Taylor with the salary, benefits packages and plans, flexible schedules, and roles and responsibilities offered by the company.
- Operational Hours and Work Schedule at Lord and Taylor
- Job Prospects at Lord and Taylor
- The Job Positions Available at Lord and Taylor
- The Online Job Application Process of Lord and Taylor
- Checking Job Application Status for Lord and Taylor
- Benefits and Perks While Working at Lord and Taylor
- Additional Details of Lord and Taylor
Operational Hours and Work Schedule at Lord and Taylor
Lord and Taylor seek people with a minimum of 18 years while applying for a career position. The operational hours and shift schedules at Lord and Taylor are as follows:
- Monday to Saturday: 09:00 a.m. to 09:00 p.m.
- Saturday to Sunday: 12:00 p.m. to 06:00 p.m.
Job Prospects at Lord and Taylor
Managerial-level and entry-level applicants can easily find a job position at Lord and Taylor. The retailer looks for team-oriented, motivated, energetic, and dedicated applicants to joining the company. Lord and Taylor offer various benefits packages and plans to its employees. The workers at Lord and Taylor often benefit from career development programs, flexible scheduling, options for commission, and competitive pay scales.
The Job Positions Available at Lord and Taylor
Lord and Taylor offer various job positions, including Planner, Buyer, Assistant Planner, Assistant Buyer, Visual Manager, Trimmer, Loss Prevention Investigator, and Area Human Resources Manager. It also offers Human Resources Manager, Human Resources Coordinator, Operations Manager, Fine Jewelry Sales Manager, and Area Sales Manager positions. The candidates can also apply for Store Manager, Assistant Store Manager, Cosmetics Counter Manager, Beauty Advisor, and Sales Associate. The following positions are easily found at Lord and Taylor:
- Sales Associates are responsible for working in commission-based work settings at times and typically work in part-time capacities.
- They are also responsible for bringing profits through continuous salesmanship, maintaining every work setting, and engaging customers actively.
- Lord and Taylor usually offer around $08.00 per hour to Sales Associates and earn up to $12.00 per hour.
Cosmetic Beauty Advisors
- These employees are responsible for meeting weekly and daily goals and also attain comprehensive product knowledge.
- They also generate sales by determining customers’ needs and wants, assist patrons in the cosmetics department.
- Cosmetic Beauty Advisors usually earn around $08.00 per hour initially at Lord and Taylor.
- They are responsible for correlating labor hours with sales, overseeing product placement, coaching and motivating staff, and maintaining responsibility for each task.
- Supervisors usually earn around $30 per annum at Lord and Taylor.
- Store Managers and Assistant Store Managers usually earn approximately $40k to $80k per annum from Lord and Taylor.
The Online Job Application Process of Lord and Taylor
Lord and Taylor’s online job application process is as follows:
- Go to the official website of Lord and Taylor.
- .Tap on the job type you want to apply for at Lord and Taylor, including international, support, management, and hourly job roles.
- Explore the required Lord and Taylor location and tap on the “View Openings” tab.
- Tap on the “More Info” to view the job summary and tap on the “Apply Now” tab.
- Fill up the personal information after tapping on the “Get Started” tab.
- Tap on the “Agree” tab to agree to Lord and Taylor’s terms and conditions.
- Fill up the information associated with your availability, contact details, references, education, etc., to complete the application filling process.
- Submit this completely and correctly filled form to Lord and Taylor and seek candidature.
Checking Job Application Status for Lord and Taylor
The candidates who have applied for the vacant posts need to wait for at least one or two weeks to hear back the responses from the managers. This time further varies on the number of applicants trying for the same post. Candidates who are selected for the job will get the confirmation either on the calls or via email. Those who have not received any response yet also have the option to follow up to their submitted applications. They can visit the selected stores and directly can contact the hiring managers.
This will help them put faces to the names, and also, there are chances for on-the-spot interviews. Thus, the candidate needs to be prepared for the same. While following up through calls, they need to possess polite and friendly behavior with the managers.
Benefits and Perks While Working at Lord and Taylor
Various employee benefits are offered to employees at Lord and Taylor, including the following:
- Employees are offered competitive base pay, flexible scheduling, and paid training at Lord and Taylor.
- They also receive paid personal days and 401 (K) retirement plans with healthcare coverage plans.
- Lord and Taylor also offer a discount on store products to qualified workers.
Additional Details of Lord and Taylor
The company is famous and has made various attempts to make the purchase process easy for the user. In keeping the users’ interest undisturbed, they have collaborated with two third-party shopping mobile phone applications. One of them is Pounce, and it allows the users to scan the catalog and add items they wish to purchase. It will give them some additional benefits on their listed and added products.
The other one is Snipsnap. It sends redeemable vouchers to customers. These in-store redeemable coupons are sent to the people 500 yards from the retail store location. The company has planned to continue these offers to keep their customers interest in the same intact.
The American luxury departmental store, Lord and Taylor, is based out in New York since 1826. The company usually opens various job posts to operate its department store chain smoothly. The candidates looking to join Lord and Taylor can apply for multiple job roles for corporate, management, and hourly positions. In addition, you can follow the online job application process described above and submit the application form to Lord and Taylor.