Working as a Lube Technician requires the candidate to work for car dealerships and automobile repair shops. They have to perform duties that include performing a routine check on vehicles for proper lubrication. They have to take care of the engines and pistons of the vehicles and ensure they have enough lubrication to perform perfectly. Lube technicians also have to lubricate other engine parts, wheel bearings, and replace the oil in air filters and fuel filters.
Job Description – Lube Technician
The candidate for the job role of a lube technician has to be highly skilled at work. They have to be focused and passionate about automobiles and maintaining them for the clients. Lube technicians also have to make detailed reports on the changes and advancements that are required by the vehicles and provide the same information to the company.
Lube technicians should also take care of the vehicle by replacing the batteries, changing motor oil and transmission as per the requirements of the vehicle. Also, they have to look for pain points other than the mentioned parts in the report. Lube technicians also have to look for leaks and problems in the vehicle and fix them. The candidate has to make sure they keep the interior of the automobile clean and perform maintenance and service without damaging anything from the inside.
A successful Lube Technician should have a sound knowledge of the parts of the engine and how they work. They have to understand the physics behind it to ensure they open up and fix the right part which is causing the problems. Lube technicians also need to have good communication skills with excellent interpersonal skills to talk about the issues with the owner to explain the situation.
Skills Required – Lube Technician
A Lube Technician is required to have amazing mechanical skills and they should have a sound knowledge of the way the engine works. They should have an in-depth knowledge of the parts of the automobile to work on the proper parts to get it fixed. A successful Lube Technician always adheres to the safety protocols while working and they make sure to communicate the issues to the customers. Also, they should have sound knowledge of making reports about the changes and advancements in the vehicle.
Job Responsibilities – Lube Technician
- They are required to apply the lubricants to the moving parts of the vehicle engines and ensure they prevent any damage to the engine.
- They have to keep regular checks on the engine to prevent premature wear and ensure optimal engine performance.
- Lube technicians also have to lubricate the wheel bearings and prevent tire wear whenever required.
- They have to perform engine cleaning and prevent rust formation on the engine and its parts.
- They have to replace cabin, fuel, air, and oil filters as required.
- Lube technicians also have to perform tire rotations and ensure the tires wear evenly.
- They have to perform tests on tires to check the pressure and maintain them.
- They have to inspect the vehicle and ensure nothing is broken.
- Lube technicians also have to make recommendations in the reports about advancements for the customers and perform the same whenever they get approval for it.
- They have to notify the service advisor when vehicle maintenance can not be completed.
Job Requirements – Lube Technician
- They have to hold at least a high school diploma or any relevant qualification.
- They should have a completed postsecondary education lube technician program.
- Lube technicians also need Automotive Service Excellence certification.
- They should also have proven experience in automotive maintenance.
- They should also have a valid driver’s license.
- Lube technicians also need to have excellent time management and problem-solving skills.
- They need to have good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Lube technicians should also have the ability to provide exceptional customer service.
Frequently Asked Questions
1 What’s the main role of a Lube Technician?
Ans. The main role of a lube technician is to ensure they take care of the engine and its parts. They have to work with engines and other parts by providing proper lubrication for the parts of the vehicle. They also have to test the tires and they have to ensure that the tires have perfect tire pressure. Also, they have to ensure that the interior doesn’t get damaged.
2 Where to find a job opportunity for the role of a Lube Technician?
Ans. The role of a lube technician can be easily found on websites on the internet. There are plenty of these websites that help candidates find employers as per their skills set added in the profile.
3 Mention the certifications for the job role of a Lube Technician.
Ans. The candidates should have a driver’s license, a certificate of Automotive Service Excellence, and a completed postsecondary education lube technician program. These certifications are important to be eligible for this job role.