Applying to Marriott is really easy due to its simple procedures. All one has to do is log in to the official website and that is all. Post that all the steps will be written clearly. Today, Marriott has at least 500 hotels worldwide, and the company needs new employees constantly.
The hotel also tends to serve as the flagship brand in the international hospitality company and bearing the same name; it opens new opportunities now and then. Whether the hotel is newly opened or not, they must hire a team of associates responsible for handling guests with several services and amenities.
Important Facts about Working at Marriott
- Minimum age to work at Marriott: 18 Years old
- Hours of operation: 7 days working in shifts (24*7 working)
Job Opportunities by Marriott
Marriott is considered one of the very leading hotel chains not just in the country but also across the globe. Individuals who dream of working in the hotel industry always keep an eye on Marriott. Starting a career with Marriott could help individuals get the desired start and push and progress rapidly well in their careers.
There is no doubt about the fact that Marriott is considered to be a great place to work, as it offers excellent work-life balance to its workers and also makes sure to take care of them fully.
Be it part-time or full-time position, Marriott tends to cover almost all the hospitality industry areas. If one is planning to join the full-service hotel, they must know it includes entry-level employment opportunities at the front desk and the property’s heart. Employees who choose to work at the property’s front desk like valets, guest service representatives, and some concierge. Simultaneously, maintenance, housekeeping, and kitchen positions tend to feature some of the most likely jobs at the heart of one’s property.
Besides that, hiring entry-level workers all the locations also tends to hire seasoned professionals who can work as supervisors and managers of various business areas involved in the hotel’s successful operation.
If one wants to work at Marriott properties, they can apply for entry-level job seekers and experienced hotel managers online. When it comes to an entry-level job, they ideally demand fulfilling some of the hiring requirements.
At the same time, the managerial applicants can also meet some of the qualifications required with education and experience. As the hotels have a chain, they tend to offer a plethora of round-the-clock services so candidates with flexible schedules can enjoy better consideration. The full-service claims to hire employees for full-time or part-time jobs.
New Job Opportunities
The work shifts at Marriott include day, night, and holiday schedules. Candidates having no experience can surely apply for valet attendants, housekeeping staff, and front desk operations. If one is career-minded, then they can use it for supervisors or managers amid the hotel chain. Under the interview process, one tends to hire people with outgoing personalities and attitudes to offer exceptional customer service.
Career Opportunities with Marriott
- Under this one has to do the cleaning job for the guests.
- It includes vacuum cleaning, changing bed sheets, cleaning the powder room, and wiping the doors.
- The candidates who hold experience in exceptional cleaning services can get a chance to be hired among all the applicants.
- Besides the cleaning experience, the hiring managers also look for applicants who hold team-oriented values, having excellent customer skills, and pro communication skills.
- The housekeeping agents are said to be paid between n $11.00 and $14.00 per hour.
Front Desk Agent
- Ideally, it is an entry-level job, and the guests first encounter with the front desk agent when they enter the hotel.
- The front desk agent’s responsibilities are to answer calls, take reservations of the room and explain the policies and rules, and regulations of the hotels to the guests.
- Candidates should possess strong leadership skills besides good communication skills.
- Marriott pays agents between $12.00 and $15.00 per hour for the front desk job.
- The laundry agents need to prepare and deliver the linens to the guests in the hotels.
- If the candidate has some experience handling industrial laundry equipment, then it does not hurt their chances.
- Besides maintaining the laundry equipment, they also need to respond to the hotel staff and keep up with the guests’ requests.
- The hourly pay rates include $11.00 and $13.00.
- The hotel tends to hire applicants for managerial positions, and the job titles include event manager, sales manager, and restaurant manager.
- The administrative duties include hiring and training the potential employees and communicating with corporate offices. They also have to schedule and delegate work to align with the company’s policies.
- Marriott pays managers between $35,000 and $70,000 annually. The amount depends on their job roles and titles.
Review Application status
Within a few weeks of application, one can expect reverts from the hiring experts, and applicants who have to wait for a long term can connect via mail or phone. Applicants must also ensure they speak with the right person to check on their status. The people at Marriott do not have a lot of time in hand. They may also get frustrated if the applicant calls too many times to check the status.
Benefits of Working at Marriott
Marriott’s best part is that the hotel understands to put people first and provides a supportive environment for the hires to grow and build a successful career. Additionally, the employees also receive benefits, including flexible work timings and competitive pay.
Marriott offers exceptional lodging at very affordable prices. Each room at Marriott offers cleans and comfortable beds, clean bathrooms, fresh linens, high internet speed, cable television, etc. With convenient and easy locations, travelers always look forward to visiting the Marriott property due to its services, the overall beauty, and the aesthetics attached to it.
Miscellaneous Information about Marriott
In 1927, J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott launched Marriott and the hotel today encompasses at least a dozen brands. Besides being a flagship brand, the company also tends to operate as hotel chains offering averaged price suits to luxury resorts. Marriott International generates more than $12 billion with several properties worldwide when it comes to revenue.