Sometimes, the holiday season can be a bit of a mad rush – but that doesn’t mean you have to miss out on your favorite Meijer products. So, if you are looking to grab some products for your holiday festivities, you’ll want to familiarize yourself with the Meijer holiday hours.
- What Is Meijer?
- The History Of Meijer
- Meijer Holiday Hours
- Tips for Visiting Meijer During the Holidays
- Check Out Our Applications Just For You!
- Final Thoughts
What Is Meijer?
Meijer is a family-owned and operated chain of supercenters located in the Midwest. It operates more than 200 stores in Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, Kentucky, and Wisconsin. The company also operates several smaller stores under the names Meijer Marketplace and My Goods Plus.
Meijer offers an extensive selection of groceries and general merchandise products, as well as health and beauty care items, home furnishings, apparel, electronics, toys, and other merchandise.
The History Of Meijer
Meijer was founded in 1934 by Hendrik Meijer, a Dutch immigrant. Meijer was initially a barber, but he quickly saw the potential in the retail business. He opened his first store in Grand Rapids, Michigan, and quickly expanded to other Midwestern states.
The store was known for its “one-stop shopping” concept, which offered customers a wide range of items under one roof. This model was wildly successful, and Meijer soon became one of the largest retailers in the Midwest.
Read more: Giant Eagle Holiday Hours
Keeping it in the family…
Today, the store is still family-owned and operated. The company has expanded to include over 200 locations and is recognized as one of the most innovative retailers in the country. From its humble beginnings as a small barber shop, Meijer has come a long way – and it shows no signs of slowing down.
Weekday Store hours
Most Meijer stores are open for 18 hours, Monday through Friday. Please keep in mind that store hours may vary by location. For example, the Orland Park store closes at 11 pm, and Express stores are open from 8 am to 10 pm. Gas stations are open 24hrs.
- Monday: 6 a.m. – 12 a.m.
- Tuesday: 6 a.m. – 12 a.m.
- Wednesday: 6 a.m. – 12 a.m.
- Thursday: 6 a.m. – 12 a.m.
- Friday: 6 a.m. – 12 a.m.
Weekend Store Hours
Just like weekday store hours, weekend store hours may vary by location. Generally, Meijer stores are open the same amount of time as they are during the week. However, Express stores may close earlier than full-size Meijer stores on the weekend.
- Saturday: 6 a.m. – 12 a.m.
- Sunday: 6 a.m. – 12 a.m.
Meijer Holiday Hours
Like most stores, Meijer will have modified hours during the holiday season. During the weekdays leading up to Christmas and New Year’s Day, Meijer stores will generally be open from 6 am-12 am as usual. Meijer stores are closed on Christmas Day but will be open on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day as normal.
Holidays that the store is open for normal hours include…
- New Year’s Day (1st January)
- Martin Luther King Day (18th January)
- Valentine’s Day (14th February)
- Presidents’ Day (15th February)
- Easter Weekend
- Cinco de Mayo (5th May)
- Memorial Day (31st May)
- Independence Day (4th July)
- Labor Day (7th September)
- Columbus Day (10th October)
- Halloween (31st October)
- Veterans Day (11th November)
- Thanksgiving Eve (23rd November)
- Thanksgiving (24th November)
- Black Friday (25th November)
- Christmas Eve (24th December)
- New Year’s Eve (31st December)
- Christmas Day (25th December)
How to Find Your Local Store?
If you’re looking for a Meijer store near you, there are a few easy ways to find one. First, you can visit the company’s website and use the store locator tool. Simply enter your zip code or city and state, and the locator will provide a list of nearby stores.
You can also use Google Maps to find a Meijer store. Just type “Meijer” into the search bar and click on the “Locations” tab. Once you’ve found a store that’s convenient for you, simply click on the address to get directions. With more than 240 locations across the Midwest, chances are there’s one near you.
What to Do if Meijer is Shut?
If Meijer is closed and you need something right away, don’t worry – there are plenty of other retail options in the area. Depending on what you need, you might check out a local Walmart or Target. There are also many smaller convenience stores and drugstores in the area that can provide some of the items you may be looking for. However, as the store is only closed for six hours a day, you might be best just waiting!
Meijer Customer Support
If you ever have any questions or concerns about your Meijer shopping experience, you can reach out to the company’s customer service team. You can call the Customer Service Hotline at 1-877-E-MEIJER (1-877-363-4537) or fill out an online contact form. The Meijer team is available from 8 am to 10 pm Monday through Saturday and from 8 am to 8 pm on Sunday.
Tips for Visiting Meijer During the Holidays
Read more: TJ Maxx Clearance Return Policy
If you’re planning a trip to the supermarket this holiday season, there are a few things you should keep in mind:
- Write a list and group the items on there as you would find them in the store, e.g., all the baking items together, all the vegetables together.
- Take advantage of the free samples available in some stores.
- Try to avoid peak shopping times such as late afternoon on weekends and after work hours.
- Use the Meijer coupons to save money on your purchase. Check out the Meijer website for any deals and discounts available.
- Consider using a curbside pickup or delivery service if available in your area, as it will save you time waiting in line.
- Be aware of the store’s return policy so that you don’t get stuck with an item you don’t want.
- Take advantage of Meijer Mperks for extra savings. This loyalty program allows you to save even more money on your purchase with exclusive discounts and coupon codes.
- Look out for weekly ads so that you can take advantage of any special promotions.
- Make sure to check out the clearance section for discounts on items that may not be available elsewhere.
Check Out Our Applications Just For You!
Getting your first job can be exciting! And working in retail is perfect, so take a look at our in-depth guide to the Meijer Application and the most common Meijer Interview Questions to help you prepare for the big day.
Next, we move on to our guide to the Publix Application and the most frequently asked Publix Interview Questions, followed by the Price Chopper Application, the City Market Application, or perhaps the Pick n Save Grocery Application, the Shaws Application, and the Tops Application.
Finally, take a look at some other great options, starting with our guides to the Giant Food Stores Application and the Lucky Supermarkets Application, as well as the United Supermarkets Application, the Whole Foods Application, and the Giant Eagle Application for 2023.
Whether you’re shopping for the holidays or just stocking up on everyday essentials, Meijer is a great place to shop. Hours vary from store to store, so be sure to check your local store’s hours before heading out. So, what are you waiting for? Get out there and enjoy all the great deals Meijer has to offer this holiday season!
Happy holiday shopping at Meijer!