- Payless ShoeSource Company Overview
- Facts About Working at Payless ShoeSource
- Payless ShoeSource Job Application
- Payless ShoeSource Positions and Salary Information
- Benefits of Working at Payless ShoeSource
- Community Initiatives
- Environmental Initiatives
- What Do I Need to Include Alongside This Application Form?
- Few Interview Tips for Getting Hired at Payless ShoeSource
Payless ShoeSource Company Overview
Payless ShoeSource is an international discount footwear chain, established in 1956 by cousins Louis and Shaol Pozez. The organization originally founded in Kansa, at present employs over 25,000 associates and nearly 3,600 stores in 40 countries. This global brand began with a simple mission and still lives by today. “Be the go-to, get more, pay less shoe store for target customers”.
Payless ShoeSource is known for offering affordable and trendy family footwear, with a wide range of styles. The organization mainly focuses on affordable shoes. Payless ShoeSource stores also sell accessories, including handbags and hosiery, along with shoes. It has been quite some time now that the organization has shown its commitment towards the creation of a convenient method of purchasing footwear.
Payless ShoeSource stores offer a unique, self-service model, allowing the customers the freedom to explore available inventory independently. Payless ShoeSource offers open positions almost every season. The organization does not require much qualification for some positions, but in management positions, experience is required.
Facts About Working at Payless ShoeSource
- Minimum Age to Work at Payless ShoeSource: 17 years
- Sears Hours of Operation: Mon-Sat: 10:00am-8:00pm; Sun: 12:00pm-5:00pm
- Available Positions at Sears: Assistant manager, store manager, assistant store leader, designer, keyholder, sales associate, Part-time and Full-time Store Associate, Maintenance Team Member, Pick/Pack Team Member, Lift Truck Operator.
Payless ShoeSource Job Application
Payless ShoeSource has an online application system that allows interested candidates interested to apply for positions online. On the official website of the organization, you can apply online following few simple steps.
- Visit the career section of Payless ShoeSource’s official website.
- Click openings. The current openings page will open. It will also let you click your geographic area and open the realistic job previews that list job title categories.
- Click a category of interest to view a brief organization video;
- Then click the ‘apply now’ button to enter the careers page.
Payless ShoeSource Positions and Salary Information
Payless ShoeSource employs more than 25,000 associates. High rates of expansion and turnover necessitate the frequent acquisition of new talent. Readily available positions include:
- The sales associate should be highly motivated and customer friendly
- Available in part-time and full-time capacities
- Duties include greeting the customers, answering their queries, and offering suggestions, operating the cash register, retrieving merchandise from the back to fit customer needs, replenishing stock, maintaining the cleanliness of the store, and ensuring full customer satisfaction.
- The pay of a Sales associate is $8 to $10 per hour.
Assistant Store Leader
- Primary duties of assistant store leader include opening and closing procedures, checking inventory, operating cash registers, acquiring and training new talent, contributing to store sales goals, responding to customer needs and concerns in timely fashions, and performing duties assigned by store leaders.
- Candidates must maintain a positive and friendly attitude.
- Assistant store leaders should either possess two years of job experience in a leadership role or two completed years of college.
- Assistant store leader must possess proven Computer, math, and customer service skills.
- The salary packages of Assistant store leaders are about $25,000 to $30,000 a year.
Temporary Sales Associate
- Temporary Sales associate enjoy flexible work schedules, working up to 20 hours per week
- Part-time openings available
Benefits of Working at Payless ShoeSource
Few employee benefits you can expect while working with Payless ShoeSource:
1 Associate discounts
2 Medical insurance
3 Life insurance, short and long term disability
4 Flexible spending accounts
5 Retirement plans
6 Paid time off which includes vacations, holidays, and sick leave
The Payless ShoeSource Foundation supports poor and underprivileged children and families by providing basic human needs in crisis situations. The Foundation mostly invests in organizations supplying food, shelter, and also clothing to needy people. Moreover, the organization partners with the Two Ten Footwear Foundation and UnitedWay Topeka and to provide shoes and homes to children in need, respectively.
Payless ShoeSource is a pioneer in environmental sustainability and community initiatives. The shoe company shows active participation when it comes to programs connected with recycling waste, to help to reduce the carbon footprints of the corporate. The energy consumption by the organization is also monitored on a regular basis.
What Do I Need to Include Alongside This Application Form?
Make sure to attach a copy of the following documents along with the job application:
- A copy of your Resume/CV
- A cover letter
Few Interview Tips for Getting Hired at Payless ShoeSource
- Make sure you maintain proper eye contact with the interviewer.
- Be open and crystal clear; meanwhile, be cautious also of getting too much relaxed in your responses.
- Be prepared with your responses to commonly asked behavioral questions to ensure a solid first impression of the interviewer.
- Be confident and also pertinent in your answers.
- Hiring managers usually ask questions related to your ability to handle rude and upset customers, conflict with coworkers, stealing, or rapidly changing responsibilities. Be prepared with relevant examples from your previous job experiences and also any trainings, wherever necessary.
- Be ready with your up-to-date resume and also be familiar with what you have listed in your resume. The interviewer may ask you about anything on your resume. So have at least 1 or 2 stories ready on the lessons you learned from past experience.
- Ask meaningful questions to the interviewer, for your own benefit and to demonstrate your keenness for the job offered.
- Try to limit your response to a maximum of two minutes.
- Highlight your specific skills that are the most important for the open position. Go through the job description twice and be ready with your responses.
- Go through the company website and understand its goals, values, and mission, so that you can converse about them with the interviewer. This will prove your interest levels with the organization.
- Make sure you have complete details of the customer service initiatives of Payless ShoeSource.
The Payless ShoeSource Company aims at providing good quality shoes, at reasonable prices to its customers. The accessories offered by Payless ShoeSource Company are also remarkably inexpensive. The products also include items like casual footwear, shoes for kids and infants, and for athletes. You should give it your best when you are attending this interview. This job will also establish you in the shoe sector which is a fast-growing sector.