In the automotive aftermarket industry, Pep Boys is a market leader. The auto parts industry hires people dedicated to development and training in specified programs to maintain the brand’s reputation. Administrative, customer service, retail, and technical positions may be available for experienced and inexperienced job applicants. Pep Boys’ employment process gets described in the article below that the candidates may go through and apply for a job role at this well-known brand.
- Operational Hours and Work Schedule at Pep Boys
- Job prospects at Pep Boys
- Job Positions
- The Job Positions Available at Pep Boys
- The Online Job Application Process of Pep Boys
- Checking Job Application Status for Pep Boys
- Benefits and Perks While Working at Pep Boys
- Additional Details of Pep Boys
Operational Hours and Work Schedule at Pep Boys
Pep Boys extends employment to job seekers at a minimum of 18 years. The operational timings and shift duties at Pep Boys are as follows:
- Monday to Saturday: 08:00 a.m. to 08:00 p.m.
- Sunday: 09:00 a.m. to 06:00 p.m.
Job prospects at Pep Boys
Devoted individuals have a good chance of landing a job position at Pep Boys because they expect to address client problems no matter how challenging they are. Job seekers looking to demonstrate leadership, customer service, or auto body repair skills can find job options in several locations and fields of practice. Employees receive competitive pay, superior employment benefits, and continual access to career and training development programs that lead to position progression, regardless of their employment field.
Pep Boys offers various full-time and part-time entry-level opportunities, including positions in the company’s headquarters, distribution centers, and stores. A customer service advisor position is a good fit for younger candidates who can provide excellent customer service. Candidates who are physically capable, educated, or have more experience may get considered for warehouse associate or management roles.
The Job Positions Available at Pep Boys
Pep Boys offers various job roles, including Warehouse Supervisor, Pricing Manager, Merchandise Pricing Analyst, Internal Auditor, and Express Sales and Service Technician. It also provides ASE Master Technician, Interactive Marketing Specialist, Buyer, Director – IT, EP Technician, Special Order Coordinator, and Mechanic or Automotive Technician positions.
In addition, Outside or Field Sales representatives, Commercial Development Manager, Area Asset Protection Manager, Store Setup Coordinator, Purchasing Manager positions also get offered. The candidates can apply as Purchasing Manager, Corporate Communications Specialist, General Warehouse Associate, Forklift Operator, Order Selector, and Warehouse Worker. They can also apply as Service Representative, Express Service Technician, Commercial Driver, and Store Manager.
Assistant Manager, Parts Manager, Commercial Sales Manager, Service Manager, Mechanic, Installer, Technician, and Sales Associate positions are also available at Pep Boys. The following is a list of positions at Pep Boys that are regularly open to job seekers:
- Warehouse Associates at Pep Boys are responsible for transporting pallets and tubs of completed orders.
- They are also responsible for selecting ordered parts and reviewing supply orders.
- Pep Boys generally pay around $10.00 to $11.00 an hour to Warehouse Associates.
Customer Service Advisors
- Customer Service Associates are responsible for performing light repairs and maintenance.
- They are also responsible for service sales and retail sales.
- Customer Service Associates usually earn around $07.00 to $15 per hour at Pep Boys.
- Management-level Pep Boys employees are responsible for developing, hiring, and recruiting team members.
- They are also responsible for achieving patrons’ satisfaction, achieving sales goals, and taking complete responsibility for a single location’s operations.
- Pep Boys usually offers approximately $10.00 to $14.00 per hour to its Assistant Service Managers.
- Customer Service Managers usually earn around $45k to $65k per annum at Pep Boys.
The Online Job Application Process of Pep Boys
The online job application process of Pep Boys is as follows:
- The candidates should check out Pep Boys’ official online platform.
- Tap on the “Search” tab that appeared on the main webpage to view its primary search webpage.
- Enter the required job position you want to apply for at Pep Boys in the first input field, location in the second bar and tap on the “search for jobs” tab.
- You can filter the appeared results by part-time or full-time schedule, area of interest, city, or state.
- Tap on the job type that appeared here to go through the subsections, including physical demands, abilities, skills, knowledge, duties and responsibilities, position summary, and overview.
- The candidates should then tap on the “Apply” tab to fill up their data, and tap on the “Create Account” tab.
- Tap on the arrow that appeared here to complete the remaining subsections and submit your job application form to Pep Boys.
Checking Job Application Status for Pep Boys
Aspirants can follow up on their job progress at Pep Boys by logging into their online accounts created during the application process and entering their PIN. Within a week or two of receiving hiring materials at Pep Boys, hiring personnel should contact qualified applicants.
Checking on the status of your application with follow-up e-mails or phone calls to the location managers or corporate human resources office may also be valuable. Prospective candidates may also benefit from applying for various organizations’ opportunities to check that their qualifications match the job specifications.
Benefits and Perks While Working at Pep Boys
Pep Boys offers the following employee benefits to its associates:
- In addition, pep Boys usually offers career advancement options and competitive compensation packages to its employees.
- Employees usually benefit from development programs and continuous pre-paid training.
- They also gain life insurance and supplemental, basic, vision, dental, prescription, and medical drug coverage while working at Pep Boys.
- The management offers voluntary benefits, associate discounts, paid time off, 401(k) retirement plans, and disability coverage to Pep Boys employees.
Additional Details of Pep Boys
Pep Boys provides various training programs to produce well-educated and skilled staff. The six-week leadership development program includes on-the-job training, mentorship, web conferences, case studies, online courses, and instructor-led training to prepare participants for service management and retail roles. Mechanics and Technicians receive compensation for efforts to achieve Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certifications. In addition, targeted development plans, advanced technical training, and professional and personal development programs are also offered by Pep Boys.
The American automotive service and store center, Pep Boys, is based out in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It operates in over 900 store locations across North America since 1921. The job applicants looking to join Pep Boys may go through its job portal and explore available job positions. In addition, pep Boys allows candidates to fill up and submit job application forms through its official website.