Domino’s Pizza is one of the most popular fast-food chains in the world. With its wide range of mouth-watering pizzas and other delicious menu items, it’s not surprising that it has a loyal following of customers.
However, no matter how tasty the food may be, there is one thing that can quickly ruin the experience: late delivery. Waiting for your food to arrive can be frustrating, especially when you’re hungry and eagerly awaiting your order.
So, I decided to take an in-depth look at how to get a refund from Domino’s for late delivery and share some tips to help you ensure that your order arrives on time.
Domino’s Delivery Guarantee
Domino’s were the first pizza delivery company to promise delivery within 30 minutes, or you get the pizza for free. This helped the company grow in its early days, but customers gaming the system and fears of reckless delivery drivers racing to make the cut off put a stop to that.
These days, the guarantee of Domino’s Delivery Insurance still holds true, which assures that if a customer is not entirely happy with their order, Domino’s will rectify the situation or reimburse them. What this means, in reality, is that Domino’s will try to give you a coupon for 20% off your next order or reward points that you can use to buy another pizza.
Whilst this is ok if you want to buy more pizza, it’s not exactly a hard-cash refund. So, here are some more effective ways to get a full refund on your order.
1 Complain Directly to Domino’s
The most obvious way to attempt a refund is to go direct to the company themselves. To file a complaint regarding your Domino’s order, there are several options available to you.
One choice is to dial the national Customer Care team at (734) 930-3030. Alternatively, you can reach out to the local Domino’s restaurant where the order was placed and contact them directly. Another option is to complete the email form to lodge a complaint. Lastly, you can engage in a conversation with Dot, the company’s Customer Support Bot.
Once you have selected the method of complaint, the following steps should be taken:
- Clearly state the reason for your contact.
- Make it evident that you are requesting a refund.
- Elaborate on the reason for your refund request, providing specific details such as the date and time of the incident, as well as what occurred.
- Make it clear you will not be buying another pizza unless the situation is resolved to your satisfaction.
2 Cancel Your order and Request a Refund
In the event that you have got tired of waiting for your Domino’s delivery and wish to cancel your order and request a refund, there is a straightforward process available to you through the Domino’s Pizza App. Follow these steps within the app:
- Navigate to the My Orders section to locate your order status.
- Select the specific order and tap on “cancel order.”
- If you prefer, you can also access the customer care option from the app’s menu.
- Or, when a virtual customer care bot appears on your phone; type “Cancel My Order” and confirm.
Your refund will be processed, and the funds should be returned to your payment method within a few days.
It’s essential to act swiftly if you wish to obtain a full refund for your canceled Domino’s order. Specifically, you should cancel your order before the restaurant confirms it and assigns a courier to deliver it. Once these steps have been taken, obtaining a full refund may no longer be possible.
3 Contact Your Credit Card Company and File a Dispute
If you remain dissatisfied with the outcome of your complaint to Domino’s, you can escalate the matter by filing a dispute with your credit card company. Assuming you paid for your order with a credit card, the United States Fair Credit Billing Act (FCBA) may cover your purchase, protecting you from billing errors and unauthorized charges. Specifically, the FCBA applies to charges for goods and services that were not delivered as agreed or that you did not accept.
To invoke the FCBA’s consumer protection, you need to contact your credit card company and explain why you are disputing the charge. The process and specific requirements may vary by creditor, but typically, you will need to write a letter to the address provided for billing inquiries.
The letter should include your name, address, account number, and a detailed description of the complaint. You must send the letter within 60 days of receiving the bill that includes the pizza charge and keep a copy for your records.
Upon receiving your dispute letter, your credit card company must acknowledge it in writing within 30 days and resolve the dispute within two billing cycles, or a maximum of 90 days from the date they received your letter. Note that if the credit card company agrees with your complaint, it may take a while before you receive a refund.
If you are still not satisfied with the outcome, you can file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission, although this may be an extreme step for a late pizza delivery.
4 Take Your Complaint to the Better Business Bureau (BBB)
And finally, on my rundown of How to Get a Refund from Domino’s for Late Delivery, if you are still unsatisfied with the response from Domino’s, another option is to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau (BBB), which is a nonprofit organization that aims to promote marketplace trust in the United States and Canada.
- To file a complaint with the BBB, you would need to visit their website and provide details about your dispute with Domino’s, particularly if it involves a monetary claim. You can also contact the BBB via mail.
- The BBB would then follow up on your complaint and contact Domino’s to try and resolve the issue.
- After filing a complaint, the business is given 14 calendar days to respond. In the event that no response is received, a second letter will be sent.
- When the BBB receives a response from the business, you will be notified.
- If the customer remains unsatisfied even after the business has responded to the complaint, BBB may request a second response from the business.
- BBB employees will also consider whether you should be given the option of mediation or arbitration.
- Typically, complaints are resolved within 30 calendar days of being filed. That doesn’t necessarily mean they will be resolved in your favor.
- If Domino’s fails to respond to the complaint, it may negatively impact the business’s BBB rating.
It’s worth noting that the BBB encourages consumers to first attempt to contact the business and resolve the issue directly before filing a complaint with them. Additionally, a complaint is not the same as a review, as the BBB’s aim is to resolve the issue rather than provide a platform for opinions about a company.
Ever Thought about Working at Domino’s Pizza?
As for other excellent career options, take a look at our guides to the Pizza Hut Application, the Blaze Pizza Application, the Marcos Pizza Application, the Round Table Pizza Application, or the Pizza Ranch Application.
Most customers who experience late delivery from Domino’s are happy enough to receive a rebate in the form of a discount on their next pizza or reward points they can use for another purchase.
However, if the service was so egregiously bad that the only acceptable resolution is a full cash rebate, using one of the four options I’ve listed will hopefully lead to a satisfactory outcome.
Enjoy your Domino’s pizza!
- How Old Do You Have To Be To Work at KFC?
- How Much Is An Oil Change At Walmart (Inexpensive, Practical And Speedy Service)
- Walmart Carpet Cleaner Rental (Full Guide)
- Royal Caribbean Application Online: Jobs & Career Info
- Does USPS Deliver On Sunday? (Yes, But Something You Need To Know)
- When Does Ross Restock? (Full Guide)
- Comcast Mission and Vision Statement Analysis
- Can a Felon Visit Someone in Prison?
- High School Resume Guide
- The 14 Happiest Jobs You Can Choose