Sales support specialists handle remote communications with customers for other members of the sales team. Their primary purpose is to keep customers happy, so they spend a lot of time answering questions, assisting with issues, and providing updates on requests while also exploring new sales opportunities.
This position has traditionally been full-time and office-based, but work arrangements are becoming more flexible, allowing for part-time and remote work arrangements. Inside sales support employees must work evenings, weekends, and holidays, and they must work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
A sales support specialist assists the sales team in gaining and keeping customers by performing administrative tasks. The sales support specialist will address customer concerns and questions, guaranteeing that all purchases are processed on time. Customer service is provided by a sales support professional who assists with sales procedures.
They help with sales-related issues, new order entry, order tracking, shipment issues, and customer account management. They also send reports to the sales department and enter and track data in sales databases.
To work as a sales support expert, you must have a high school diploma. Some employers may prefer an Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in business or marketing. Experience in an office or sales is a bonus.
You must be able to work both with a sales team and on your own. This field will benefit you if you are goal-oriented, organized, and have good time management skills.
- Job Description – Sales Support Specialist
- Skills Required – Sales Support Specialist
- Job Responsibility
- Job Requirements
- Frequently Asked Questions
Job Description – Sales Support Specialist
The Sales Support Specialist’s job is to assist sales professionals and respond to customer and prospect inquiries. You must be goal-oriented, have excellent communication skills, and comprehend sales KPIs to be considered for this position.
You will also assist in developing and maintaining positive client connections and the seamless operation of the sales team.
Skills Required – Sales Support Specialist
You will originate and handle orders for customers and manage other essential information in an organized and timely manner as a sales support professional. This position requires excellent communication skills to ensure the seamless running of the sales team.
Client service that is enjoyable and results in greater customer loyalty will be evidence of success in this profession.
Read more: Sales Lead Job Description
- Cultivate client connections by aggressively following up on their satisfaction with company services and responding to customer questions and issues.
- The sales support specialist is also responsible for disseminating information and liaising with internal teams to resolve the problems.
- The sales support specialist also cold calls or contacts inbound prospects and answers phone calls, emails, and social media posts.
- They also pitch relevant products to existing consumers and create more new prospects.
- The sales support specialist should also inform clients about ongoing requests and fulfill these requests on time.
- They also manage logistics, such as filing purchases and tracking shipments, or collaborate with other staff to ensure timely service delivery, depending on the sector.
- The sales support specialist also prepares documentation.
- Update information in the company’s customer relationship management (CRM) software regularly.
- Account information, sales history data, and inbound lead profiles are all included.
- Detect dangers and opportunities due to their function as a link between customers and the organization
- Broaden their investigation to include market trends and local competition.
- The sales support specialist should be a high school graduate, but they should also have a bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or a related profession.
- The sales support specialist should also have knowledge of customer relationship management software and data analysis. They should also be proficient in computer software systems such as MS Office and MS Excel.
- Excellent motivational skills and ability to operate in a team setting while still being able to work independently.
- The sales support specialist should also have strong interpersonal and communication abilities, as well as a commitment to client satisfaction
- They should also have excellent organizational and time management skills, as well as the ability to multitask and prioritize
- Understanding of sales approaches and the most effective customer service methods.
Frequently Asked Questions
1 Mention the minimum qualification required for the role of a sales support specialist?
Ans. The candidate needs to have a minimum of a high school diploma and a bachelor’s degree. However, a master’s degree is not a must, but the candidate does get the upper hand in selecting if they have a professional master’s degree.
2 Is the role of a sales support specialist dependent on targets?
Ans. No, the role is not entirely dependent on targets. As a sales support specialist, you will be assisting the sales team and helping them fulfill their targets. But definitely, this is a high demanding job.
3 What are the desirable skills which a candidate should possess as a sales support specialist?
Ans. The candidates should have excellent communication and speaking skills. They should be able to convenience clients and, at the same time, should have great multitasking skills.