Smart and Final serve as private households and professional restaurant chefs. It hires more than 6,000 workers throughout the regional network. This supermarket chain has around 300 warehouse supermarkets. This chain consistently hires candidates to add them to their growing network. The western grocery retailer often provides managerial-level and entry-level associates opportunities to maintain superior services at its supermarket chain locations.
Please scroll down and find out the current job positions available at Smart and Final and the roles and responsibilities, benefits, career advancement, and various other opportunities offered by this supermarket chain. Then, candidates can submit the job application through the process as explained in the article below.
Operational Hours and Work Schedule at Smart and Final
Smart and Final hire candidates with a minimum of 18 years while submitting the job application. The working and operational hours at Smart and Final are as follows:
- Monday to Saturday: 07:00 a.m. to 08:00 p.m.
- Sunday: 09:00 a.m. to 06:00 p.m.
Job Prospects at Smart and Final
There are multiple opportunities for job seekers available at Smart and Final Job, including the space for cashier, clerk, and load crew positions. The duties of these posts involve customer interactions and handling of the merchandise. The applicants have an option to apply for entry-level posts both through online and offline platforms.
The candidates applying for the posts mentioned above need not have work experiences, but they must possess strong interpersonal skills, physical strength, and good communication skills for the considerations. Candidates applying for managerial posts need to have work experience, and the duties for these posts involve generating the sales, supervision, and hiring of the workers. Managerial posts have attractive salary options along with additional employee benefits too.
The Job Positions Available at Smart and Final
Smart and Final offers multiple opportunities for the job hunter to apply for various job roles, including Store Managers, Assistant Managers, Department Managers, Grocery Clerks, Customer Service Representatives, Baggers, Stock Clerks, and Cashiers. The current job positions available at Smart and Final include the following:
- The candidate applying for this post needs to have physical strength and must be able to lift the weights regularly.
- The duty for this post includes moving the stock items from the store to the sales floor and process the shipments.
- The average pay for this post is $10.00 per hour and can range to $13.00 per hour based on experience.
- The candidate needs to carry out daily tasks for the deli, dairy, frozen foods, and produce departments.
- They also need to perform the cashier’s duty sometimes, and the pay rate for the post varies between $9.00 and $10.00 per hour.
- The candidate needs to work to increase sales and also for the improved financial position of the firm.
- They also need to hire the staff, order merchandise, and maintain the workplace culture for better results.
- The manager can earn up to $12-$14 per hour, further extended to $75,000 annually.
The Online Job Application Process of Smart and Final
The job seekers can go through the following online job application process of Smart and Final carefully and apply according to this supermarket chain’s eligibility criteria and requirements.
- The job seekers should go to the official job portal of Smart and Final and head to the “Careers” section on the left of this screen. Choose the career options that appeared here, including retail stores, etc.
- Smart and Final will direct you to a new browser window to enter your needed keyword, location, etc.
- Choose the job according to your profile and qualification after scrolling the result page here.
- You can go through the specific information related to your selected job title. Tap on the “Apply Now” tab if you are interested in the available position.
- Fill up the complete details required by Smart and Final and submit your online job application. The candidates can also download the job application form through the PDF version and submit it at Smart and Final supermarket locations.
Checking Job Application Status for Smart and Final
Smart and Final usually take around one to five days to complete the employment process. Some candidates do not hear back from the hiring staff for around one to two months, depending on the employee requirement. Calling at Smart and Final’s location may help candidates know the status of their job application forms.
Besides, candidates may visit its locations in-person to help reduce the waiting time of knowing about their employment status. It may also result fruitful by receiving the offer of on-the-spot interviews. Candidates may choose any method to contact or reach the hiring professional and know the update on their application and the next step of the hiring process. However, you need to be careful about the suitable visiting hours and avoid meeting them during busy business or operational hours.
Benefits and Perks While Working at Smart and Final
Full-time Smart and Final employees get multiple benefit packages, including the following:
- Eligible Smart and Final workers benefit from various financial rewards, including credit union memberships and 401 (K) retirement plans.
- Employees also enjoy paid time off, life insurance options, and health coverage while working with Smart and Final.
Additional Details of Smart and Final
The supermarket has its chain distributed in California, Arizona, Washington, Oregon, Nevada, and northern Mexico. Being widely spread, the store also boosts the need for warehouses in the locality. It has a list of restaurant-quality products used to attract culinary professionals based on the foodservice industries.
The warehouse chain of the supermarket is also open for normal individuals without any additional charges of membership fees and serves private families and customers. The chain of supermarkets is entirely dedicated to supplies for professional and social events managers. The customers can also access the products of Bulk Candy brands which also support local groups for fundraising efforts.
The American supermarket chain, Smart and Final, is based out in California. It was founded in 1871 and employed around 7,500 employees for more than 300 store locations in the United States’ western region. It is one of the most major supermarket chains to offer food products. This supermarket chain often demands administrative and entry-level individuals. The candidates should go through the hiring process carefully as guided above. They can then apply for the job position they are interested in at Smart and Final.
In addition, the candidates can also download the PDF version of Smart and Final’s job application form to submit it at the store locations in person. Candidates can apply for the vacant positions at Smart and Final and be a part of this supermarket chain’s successful and growing team and grow their career along with it.