Job seekers can submit online application forms through Kroger’s career website to get an opportunity to work with Smith’s Food and Drug. Candidates can also visit its stores to fill out the job application form in person. It is one of the most popular retail chains among the local communities.
Smith’s Food and Drug operates in Northwestern and Southwestern regions of the United States. America’s well-known regional supermarket chain was founded in Brigham City, Utah, in 1911. Smith’s Food and Drug has more than 132 stores around the United States and is currently a subsidiary of the Kroger Company.
Smith’s Food and Drug receives a high number of job applications weekly. It would help if you visited its nearest store to convince the hiring staff to hire you for the required job role. It can make the hiring staff see the candidate in a more positive light.
Work Requirement and Scheduling Smith’s Food and Drug
Smith’s Food and Drug provides various job positions to candidates with a minimum age of 16 years. The working hours according to weekdays at Smith’s Food and Drug are as follows:
- Monday to Friday: 10:00 a.m. to 09:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 12:00p.m. to 08:00 p.m.
- Sunday: 10:00 a.m. to 09:30 p.m.
Job Opportunities Offered by Smith’s Food and Drug
Smith’s Food and Drug offers various job openings, including cashier, bakery clerk, grocery stocker, manager, freight crew, floral clerk, nutrition clerk, meat cutter, baker, and many more. Candidates should look at the various job offers and also ensure they apply in time for the right job. This will give them a chance to work for their dream company.
New Opportunities for Advancement in a Career with Smith’s Food and Drug
Smith’s Food and Drug wants its associates and employees should feel engaged, supported, and valued. This retail chain offers wellness and health benefits, competitive pay to ensure this engagement. It also provides career advancement opportunities, exclusive discounts, and educational benefits, making its employees feel like working with a great company to advance their careers.
Smith’s Food and Drug also announced a special Thank You Pay offer to hourly call centers, pharmacies, manufacturing, supply chain, and frontline grocery associates. Smith’s Food and Drug initiative is to acknowledge their employees’ dedication to maintain clean, stocked, and safe stores.
Career Opportunities with Smith’s Food and Drug
Smith’s Food and Drug has multiple job positions that applicants can view on Kroger’s website or collect the details through its physical stores. Various job roles offered at the store are the following:
- Cashiers are responsible for operating cash registers.
- They will inform the prices of the goods and products and daily promotions.
- Cashiers will also perform bagging of the shopped items at the checkout desk.
- Cashiers can earn up to $7.25 to $11.00 per hour with Smith’s Food and Drug.
- They are hired with little or no experience at Smith’s Food and Drug.
- Grocery stockers are responsible for organizing products and stock shelves.
- They also answer customers’ questions related to services and products.
- These candidates should be motivated and friendly personalities.
- They can earn an hourly wage between $13.00 and $15.00.
- Supervisors and managers at Smith’s Food and Drug should have sound leadership qualities and organizational skills.
- They must be familiar 18 years and older for the manager-level positions.
- The candidate should also have employment and a high school diploma to get hired.
- They can earn around $25,000 to $30,000 per annum at Smith’s Food and Drug.
Job Application Status at Smith’s Food and Drug
Eligible candidates referred by the Smith’s Food and Drug employees can go through the interview process in a day or two. The hiring process usually takes a week at Smith’s Food and Drug. HR managers contact the eligible candidates through a phone call. Candidates can also visit or call t Smith’s Food and Drug hiring staff in a day or two to check the status of their job application.
Benefits to Working with Smith’s Food and Drug
Smith’s Food and Drug offers multiple benefits to its employees and can offer employee perks in the grocery store industry. Its various perks and employee benefits include the following:
- Full-time workers at Smith’s Food and Drug have access to complete health coverage.
- They are offered medical, dental, and vision insurance plans.
- Employees also get prescription drug coverage.
- Smith’s Food and Drug also offer candidates 401 (K) retirement plans.
- They can also avail themselves of Kroger stock benefits.
- Besides, full-time and part-time associates at Smith’s Food and Drug are eligible for accident insurance and disability.
- They are offered liability coverage and paid leaves from Smith’s Food and Drug.
Additional Information about Smith’s Food and Drug
Smith’s Food and Drug offers online services for its customers with their requests for special orders from bakery and deli departments. Customers can also submit their photographs online for digital printing services by the company for cards, calendars, collages, photo books, etc. Apart from this, customers benefit from digital coupons and also various deals from the company. They can also create a shopping list or find recipes on its online shopping platform.
Smith’s Food and Drug job Application Process
Job applicants should go through the following steps to apply online for Smith’s Food and Drug job positions:
- Application forms are available on Kroger’s official website.
- Tap on the “View Jobs” tab.
- A list of jobs will appear here.
- Candidates can filter the results by job location, title, department, and facility.
- Please tap on the job title to view its description and requirements.
- Go through the job description thoroughly and tap on the “Apply Now” tab to complete the job applications process for Smith’s Food and Drug.
Smith’s Food and Drug, a part of The Kroger Company, operates its stores across seven states with more than 15,000 employees and associates. It earns a highly satisfied customer base by employing several employees. Smith’s Food and Drug offers various job openings that the candidates can view and apply through Kroger’s career portal. Candidates can also avail themselves of career growth and various employee benefits when they grow their career with Smith’s Food and Drug.