Speedway, a franchise with locations in over 20 different states across the United States, is a great place to start your career. The nationwide business controls over 2,700 petrol stations, employing various career options in full-time and part-time positions. One of the significant convenience retail store chains in the United States is Speedway. Domestic career opportunities vary from entry-level attendant and maintenance job roles to perform their duties at the company’s headquarters at Enon, Ohio.
Workers can choose from a variety of schedules, and also offers entirely company-paid on-the-job training. Part-time entry-level job roles are the most commonly available, with managerial positions being constantly hired at Speedway.
Please scroll down and know the hiring process of Speedway, open job positions, benefits to working with its gas stations, duties, and flexible schedules it offers in various full-time, part-time, and hourly work settings.
- Operational Hours and Work Schedule at Speedway
- Job Prospects at Speedway
- Job Requirements
- The Job Positions Available at Speedway
- The Online Job Application Process of Speedway
- Checking Job Application Status for Speedway
- Benefits and Perks While Working at Speedway
- Additional Details of Speedway
Operational Hours and Work Schedule at Speedway
Individuals interested in working at the Speedway must be at least 18 years old. The duty schedule and business are open 24 hours and every day.
Job Prospects at Speedway
Various career finders find employment in the extended network of Speedway’s fueling stations. The store locations of Speedway are usually located near busy junctions or on most traveled highways. Prospective associates are more likely to be interested if they have easy access to the gas station locations. Worker discounts on items and services are also essential motivators to work at Speedway. Service-oriented and customer-focused employment environments are available at this gas station business. Daily, patrons engage in face-to-face confrontations.
Workers are often compelled to accept flexible schedules due to irregular duty hours, including holiday, night, and weekend schedules. Like most of its competitors, Speedway does not require any professional experience or expertise to be considered for entry-level positions. Many young people utilize the attendant’s role as a necessary step to initiate their career or develop their portfolio. Ambitious people interested in a long-term career with the organization will appreciate the development and professional growth prospects.
The Job Positions Available at Speedway
Speedway offers multiple employment positions, including General Store Manager, Assistant Store Manager, Maintenance Technician, and Food Steward. It also provides Shift Leader, Gas Station Attendant, Cashier, Sales Associate, and Customer Service Representative positions. Those looking for work at a gas station are likely to find jobs in the following areas:
Customer Service Representatives
- Customer Service Representatives are responsible for promoting in-house reward initiatives and stocking the products.
- They are also responsible for ringing up purchases, assisting and greeting customers.
- Speedway usually initiates their career earning a minimum wage and may rise making approximately $08.00 to $09.00 per hour.
Food Service Specialists
- Food Service Specialists are responsible for ensuring proper food presentation, replenishing supplies and materials.
- They are also responsible for serving and preparation of drinks and food.
- Speedway usually offers a minimum wage to its Food Service Specialists.
- Job titles for management-level employees include manager, co-manager, and shift leader.
- Shift Leaders are responsible for supervising general duties and preparing store closing and opening.
- Shift Leaders earn approximately $09.00 to $10.00 per hour at Speedway.
- Managers and co-managers at Speedway earn approximately $30k to $50k per annum.
The Online Job Application Process of Speedway
Speedway’s online job application process is as follows:
- Look out Speedway’s official website and go to its employment webpage.
- Tap on the “Apply” tab to choose the job role you want to apply for at Speedway.
- Choose your preferred city or state from the drop-down list that appeared to enter the ZIP code in the blank field and locate your location.
- Tap on the desired location and review your preferred job title requirements, position responsibilities, and requirements.
- Tap on the “Apply Now” can agree to the pre-application disclosures that appeared here.
- Upload your resume only if you want to. It is an optional choice for the candidate.
- Enter your personal information in the blank fields and complete the following section to submit your job application to Speedway.
Checking Job Application Status for Speedway
Once applicants submit hiring forms, the gas station chain evaluates the information and calls suitable individuals to organize job interviews. In most situations, candidates get notifications from Speedway to attend interviews within a week.
In cases where multiple people apply for the same job position, Speedway might require two weeks to respond. Applicants are routinely invited to an interview over the phone by recruiting staff. Individuals can choose whether to follow up on job applications before receiving a call or e-mail from management.
Benefits and Perks While Working at Speedway
Speedway provides various job benefits to full-time and part-time associates. It offers the following job benefits to its employees that often vary by job status:
- Employees often benefit from competitive pay scales, tuition reimbursement, and retirement plans.
- Full-time Speedway employees also receive bonus incentives and 401(k) retirement plans while working at Speedway.
- The company also offers them life insurance, dental, and medical plans.
Additional Details of Speedway
Speedway formed a collaboration with Children’s Miracle Hospital Network in 1991.
Customers can donate to contribution boxes at each of the company’s gas stations if they desire. As of October 2014, total donations had surpassed $60 million. United Way is also a professional partner of the fueling station firm.
The American convenience gas and storage station chain, Speedway, is based out in Enon, Ohio. It is Marathon Petroleum Corporation’s subsidiary and was founded in 2011.
Job seekers looking for a job role at Speedway can also find vacancies in the internship, management, in-store, transport, and corporate positions. Having a flexible schedule also helps an applicant stand out from other candidates. The gas station network operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and entry-level and managerial positions also require people who can work odd hours.
On applications and throughout the recruiting process, workers should also express their open availability. Upon recruitment, shift preference also becomes available over time. The candidates can also go through the article above and know the details of Speedway’s online job application process. This will help candidates understand what needs to be done to get a job with Speedway.