Spirit Airlines, Inc. is a low-cost airline based in America. The headquarters of the company is located in Miramar, Florida which is located in the Miami metropolitan area. The company was founded in 1966 with the name Clippert Trucking company and in 1974 changed its name to Ground Air Transfer, Inc.
The airline service of the company was started in the year 1983 by Ned Homfeld in Macomb County, Michigan. The airline service was started as Charter One Airlines. Charter One Airlines was renamed Spirit Airlines on May 29 in the year 1992. The operating bases of the airline include- Atlantic City, Dallas Worth, Fort Lauderdale, Orlando, Chicago-O’Hare, Detroit, and Las Vegas.
Spirit Airlines flies to 81 destinations and employs more than 8,938 workers in its company. The company operates for 24 hours a day and remains open 7 days a week. Anyone of or above the age of 18 can apply for work at the company. The company is always on the lookout for talented and motivated individuals to join its team and improve its customer service. The company offers various employment opportunities for both entry-level and upper-level job seekers.
Some of the job opportunities offered by the company are- Customer Service agent, baggage handler, Technical Writer, Cabin Crew member, and Pilot. Anyone interested to build their career in the airline industry must consider applying for work at Spirit Airlines, Inc.
How to Search for The Jobs Offered by The Company?
The company offers several job opportunities to people who seek work. To search for the jobs available at the company, follow the steps below:
1 The first step is to visit the official site of the company.
2 After you go to the official site, select Careers.
3 You can then search for the jobs you are looking for and are interested to apply to by providing the relevant keywords. You can also search for jobs based on the location you prefer to work in.
4 You will be redirected to a page that will display all the jobs available. Click on the title link to read more about the job post.
5 You will be taken to a page that will mention all the details and requirements of the job post you are looking for.
How to Apply for The Jobs Available at The Company Online?
To apply for the jobs offered by the company, follow the steps given below.
1 Visit the official site of the company. You will then have to search for the jobs to apply for.
2 After you go to the official site, select Careers.
3 You can then search for the jobs you are looking for and are interested to apply to by providing the relevant keywords. You can also search for jobs based on the location you prefer to work in by filtering out providing the location on the search bar.
4 You will be redirected to a page that will display all the jobs available. Click on the title link to read more about the job post. Or you can directly click on Apply if you want to apply for the job.
5 You will be taken to a page that will mention all the details and requirements of the job post you are looking for. After reading the requirements, click on Apply.
6 You will then have to enter your mail id and login. In case you do not have an account on the website, you will have to create a new account.
7 You will then have to upload your resume. Fill up all the required fields, review your application and then submit it.
Reviewing The Application Status and Following Up
Candidates can simply and very easily view the status of the progress of their application by logging in to their account. The hiring manager updates the application status. Candidates can also enquire about their application status via phone calls.
If needed, candidates can even visit the location in person for inquiring about their application status. However, candidates should visit only during slow business hours to avoid any inconvenience and delay in business operations. Selected candidates are also contacted by the hiring manager via emails and phone calls and are invited for an interview. Candidates must dress appropriately while going to the interview.
Requirements, Responsibilities, and Salary
The company offers various employment opportunities for both entry-level and upper-level job seekers. Anyone above the age of 18 years can work at the company. Candidates must also read the job description for each role. There are specific requirements from the airlines with regards to the dressing of the candidate and also the behavior. Some of the several jobs offered by the company are-
- Flight Attendants should give safety instructions to the passengers when they board the flight.
- The flight attendants should also assist the passengers in the flight and attend to their problems.
- They are also required to sell food and other refreshments to the passengers.
- Candidates should also have prior experience of working with customers if they want to get this job.
- Candidates must be above the age of 21 years to apply for the job.
- Flight attendants must also possess leadership qualities and must have great interpersonal skills.
- The starting salary of a flight attendant is $17 per hour. With the time and experience, the salary of a flight attendant may increase up to $60,000 per year.
Ramp Service Agent
- Ramp service agents should transport and also handle passenger baggage.
- They should also handle and transport other items to the planes and terminals.
- They must be able to work under even bad weather conditions with utmost efficiency.
- The salary of a ramp service agent ranges between $10 and $14 per hour.
Guest Service Agent
- Guest service agents should greet and welcome the passengers.
- They are responsible for carrying out duties like assisting the passengers and checking out.
- Candidates should be at least 18 years old to get a job as guest service agents. They must possess technological skills.
- Guest service agents must attend to the passengers and help them solve any problem.
- The salary of a guest service agent ranges between $14 and $20 per hour.