Desperate for a subway sandwich, but they are closed?
Don’t worry; you’re not alone. Millions of people are in the same boat every day. But what can you do when Subway is closed and you’re starving? Learn the hours that the shop is open, of course! That way, you’ll never be caught off guard again.
So here is everything you need to know about Subway Hours and their fabulous menu!
What Is Subway?
Subway is a chain of fast food restaurants that primarily sell submarine sandwiches (subs) and salads. It is one of the fastest-growing franchises in the world and, as of 2017, had 42,000 locations in more than 100 countries. More than half of its locations are in the United States.
The first Subway restaurant was opened in 1965 by Fred DeLuca and Dr. Peter Buck in Bridgeport, Connecticut. They chose the name “Subway” because their sandwiches were made to order, and customers could watch the sandwich artists create their subs right in front of them, much like an assembly line.
The first restaurant outside of Connecticut was opened in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, in 1974, and by 1984, there were 1,000 locations. The company has been expanding ever since and now has restaurants in every continent except Antarctica.
What’s On The Menu?
There are many different sandwich options available at Subway. You can design your own or get one of their pre-designed sandwiches.
The pre-designed sandwiches are:
- The Meatball Marinara: A meaty classic, the Meatball Marinara is filled with delicious meatballs, marinara sauce, and melted cheese.
- The Cold Cut Combo: A perennial favorite, the Cold Cut Combo is packed with a variety of meats, cheeses, and vegetables.
- The Turkey Breast: If you are trying to be healthy, the Turkey Breast is a great option. It is leaner meat and has fewer calories than some of the other sandwiches.
- The Veggie Delite: For our vegetarian friends, the Veggie Delite is a great option. It is filled with a variety of fresh vegetables.
- The Tuna Sandwich: Another healthier option, Tuna makes for a light but filling sandwich.
There are also many different types of bread available, including white, wheat, and flatbread, along with many different sides and drinks available at Subway. And I highly recommend the cookies!
Subway Hours – Store Operating Hours
The hours of operation for Subway locations can vary, but most are open seven days a week.
The typical hours during the week are:
- Monday – 10am – 9pm
- Tuesday – 10am – 9pm
- Wednesday – 10am – 9pm
- Thursday – 10am – 9pm
- Friday – 10am – 9pm
However, this varies from store to store.
The Subway in Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, is open:
- Monday – 10am – 6.30pm
- Tuesday – 10am – 8pm
- Wednesday – 10am – 6am
- Thursday -10 am -10 pm
- Friday – 10am – 6pm
And the Subay in Salisbury, North Carolina, is open:
- Monday – 8am – 12am
- Tuesday – 8am – 12am
- Wednesday – 8am – 12am
- Thursday- 8am – 12am
- Friday – 8am – 12am
So, as you can see, the hours of operation for stores can differ depending on the location. The best way to find out the hours for your local store is to either call the store directly or check the website.
Most locations are open on Saturdays and Sundays, but the hours may be shorter than during the week. For example, a store that is open from 10 am to 9 pm during the week may only be open from 10 am to 6 pm on Saturdays and 11 am to 5 pm on Sundays. Again, the best way to find out the hours for your local store is to call the store or check the Subway website.
Subway locations are usually open on holidays, but the hours may be different than usual. For example, stores may open later or close earlier on holidays like Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve.
The holiday’s Subway is open include:
- New Year’s Day – 1st of January
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day – 3rd Monday in January
- Valentine’s Day – 14th of February
- Presidents’ Day – 3rd Monday in February
- St. Patrick’s Day – 17th of March
- Easter Sunday – Variable
- Mother’s Day – 2nd Sunday in May
- Memorial Day – Last Monday in May
- Father’s Day – 3rd Sunday in June
- Independence Day – 4th of July
- Labor Day – 1st Monday in September
- Columbus Day – 2nd Monday in October
- Halloween – 31st of October
- Veterans Day – 11th of November
- Christmas Eve – 24th of December
The holiday’s Subway is closed include:
- Thanksgiving Day – 4th Thursday in November
- Christmas Day – 25th of December
What To Do If It Is Closed?
If you find yourself at the mall or office and suddenly have a craving for a submarine sandwich, but it is after hours, never fear!
There are a few options for you:
- First, you can try one of the other sandwich shops in the area. There are many other great sandwich places out there, and you may find that you like their sandwiches just as much as Subways.
- Second, you can try making your own sandwich at home. It’s not as difficult as you might think, and you can even find recipes online. It will work out cheaper as well once you have bought the right ingredients.
- If neither of those options appeals to you, then your best bet is to wait until the next day when Subway will be open again, or you can check online to see if the is a location open 24 hours or if they are available on any delivery app.
Customer Support Information
To contact customer support, you can call the customer support number at 800-888-4848 or visit the customer support website. Here, you will be able to find answers to common questions, as well as a form to fill out if you need to contact customer support directly.
Tips On Ordering At Subway
Here are a few tips to keep in mind when ordering at Subway:
- If you are looking for a deal, be sure to check the website or app for coupons. There are often coupons available for discounts on sandwiches or other menu items.
- You can also sign up for the Subway Rewards program to earn points toward free sandwiches.
- Keep an eye out for the Subway of the Day special. This is a different sandwich offered each day at a discounted price.
- If you are looking for a healthier option, be sure to check out the nutritional information before ordering. Many of the sandwiches can be made into salads upon request.
- On your Birthday, you can get a free 6-inch sandwich and drink when you show your ID. So be sure to stop by on your special day!
- If you have any dietary restrictions, be sure to let your sandwich artist know so they can accommodate you. Subway has a number of options for those with gluten-free, vegetarian, or vegan diets.
Great Bagel And Sandwich Stores!
Are you still in school and looking for a summer job? Working in a restaurant is perfect, so let’s start with our in-depth look at the Subway Application and the most frequently asked Subway Interview Questions, as well as Does Subway Drug Test in case you have a criminal record in 2022.
In addition, you might want to take a look at our guides to the Firehouse Subs Application, the Einstein Bros Bagels Application, and the Mcalisters Deli Application, along with the Jersey Mikes Subs Application, the Brueggers Bagels Application, and the Which Wich Application.
Or perhaps, a coffee shop is more your speed? For that, we have our guides to the Gloria Jeans Coffees Application, the Caribou Coffee Application, or how about The Coffee Bean Tea Leaf Application, and the Perkins Restaurant And Bakery Application for some great opportunities!
Subway Hours – Final Thoughts
So, whether you are out and about at the mall or office and Subway is closed, or you’re just feeling lazy and don’t want to cook tonight, there is no need to worry!
You can try one of the other sandwich places in the area, check the hours of other local Subway stores or make your own sandwich at home following a recipe online. And if all else fails, you will just have to wait until the next day when Subway will be open again!
Hope you find a Subway that’s open for your favorite sandwich!