Don’t you hate those days you finish work unexpectedly? You race to the bank, but it’s closed. Panic sets in. You needed to put that deposit in today. Why is the bank closed? Well, that’s why I decided to take a look at TCF’s hours, how to find your local bank, and what to do if it’s closed.
So, let’s go! As they say… time is money!
- What is TCF Bank?
- The History of TCF Bank
- Bank Weekday Hours
- Bank Weekend Hours
- Bank Holiday Hours
- What To Do If The Bank Is Closed?
- Tips On Finding A New Bank
- Customer Support Information
- Looking For Job Opportunities In Banking
- TCF Bank Hours – Final Thoughts
What is TCF Bank?
TCF Bank is a regional bank based in Minnesota. They have over 700 branches in the Midwest and offer a full range of banking services, from checking and savings accounts to loans and investment products.
The History of TCF Bank
TCF Bank was founded in 1923 as the Twin City Federal Savings and Loan Association. It changed its name to TCF Financial Corporation in 1979 and then to TCF Bank in 1987. In recent years, the bank has expanded beyond its Midwestern roots and now has branches in Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin.
Read more: What Time Does SunTrust Bank Close-Open?
The Merging of TCF Bank and Huntington Bank
In 2015, TCF Bank merged with Huntington Bank. This was a strategic move by both banks, as they hoped to create a stronger bank that could compete better in the current market.
However, the merger did not go smoothly for customers. They found themselves having to deal with two different customer service lines and systems. This was confusing and frustrating for many people, as they had to learn how to use two different websites and call centers.
In addition, there were some problems with the way information was transferred between the two banks, which resulted in incorrect charges and account balances.
Customer Service Issues After the Merger
After the merger took place, customer service at both TCF Bank and Huntington Bank was less than satisfactory. Customers complained about long wait times on the phone and poor customer service from representatives.
In addition, there were numerous complaints about incorrect charges and account balances after information was transferred between the two banks. Many customers felt that they were not getting the help they needed from either bank.
Bank Weekday Hours
TCF Bank is open Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. However, hours may vary by location. To find out the hours of your local TCF Bank, you can use their branch locator on their website.
To summarize, they are open:
- Monday – 9 am to 6 pm
- Tuesday – 9 am to 6 pm
- Wednesday – 9 am to 6 pm
- Thursday – 9 am to 6 pm
- Friday – 9 am to 6 pm
Bank Weekend Hours
Most banks are closed on weekends. However, TCF is open for customers on Saturdays who may not have time during the week. TFC Bank are open from 9 am-1 pm on Saturdays. The hours for each day are as follows:
- Saturday – 9am to 1pm
- Sunday – Closed
Bank Holiday Hours
TCF Bank is closed on the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day – 1st of January
- Martin Luther King Day – 3rd Monday of January
- President’s Day – 3rd Monday of February
- Memorial Day – Last Monday of May
- Independence Day – 4th of July
- Labor Day – 1st Monday of September
- Thanksgiving Day – 4th Thursday of November
- Christmas Day – 25th of December
What To Do If The Bank Is Closed?
It can be a disaster when you need to get to a bank, but it’s closed.
Here are a few tips on what to do:
- Try using the ATM: Most banks have ATMs that are available 24/7. You will be able to withdraw cash, but you may be charged a fee.
- Use online or mobile banking: If you have an account with TCF Bank, you should be able to use these. This will allow you to check your account balance, transfer money, and make payments.
- Call the customer service number: If you need to speak to someone about your account, you can call the customer service number. They may not be able to help with everything, though.
- Visit a different bank: If you need to cash a check or make a deposit, you can try visiting a different bank. Most banks will be able to help you out, even if you don’t have an account with them.
- Cash your check somewhere else: There are a few places that will cash your check even if you don’t have an account with them. These places include grocery stores, check-cashing stores, and Western Union. You can even use apps these days!
Tips On Finding A New Bank
When you’re shopping for a new bank, it’s important to compare your options and find the right fit for you.
Here are a few tips when you’re shopping for a bank:
- Consider your needs: What do you need from a bank? Do you need a checking account, savings account, or both? Are you looking for a bank with branches near you?
- Compare fees: Banks charge fees for various services. Compare the fees charged by different banks to see which one is the most affordable.
- Read reviews: Before you choose a bank, be sure to read reviews from other customers. This will give you an idea of what to expect in terms of customer service and fees.
- Check the hours of your local branches: Make sure the bank you choose has branches that are open when you need them to be.
- Speak to your friends and family: Ask if they have any recommendations for banks. They may be able to give you some good advice or warn you about bad experiences they’ve had.
- Research customer satisfaction ratings: Customer satisfaction ratings can give you a good idea of how satisfied customers are with a particular bank.
Customer Support Information
If you need to contact TCF Bank customer support, you can call their customer service number at 1-800-823-2265. You can also visit their website and use their live chat feature. Representatives are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Central Time.
Looking For Job Opportunities In Banking
Let’s start with the roles available, such as my Bank Teller Job Description and the most common Bank Teller Interview Questions, as well as my Personal Banker Job Description, Loan Processor Job Description, and Loan Officer Job Description in 2023.
There are also a massive number of opportunities available, so take a look at our in-depth guides to the Bank of America Job Application and Bank of America Interview Questionnaire, or how about the TD Bank Application and most frequently asked TD Bank Interview Questions, to help you prepare.
But that’s not all! It’s also worth taking a look at our guides to the Capital One Application, the Check Into Cash Application, and the Fifth Third Bank Application, along with the PLS Financial Application, Citibank Application, and the Suntrust Bank Application.
TCF Bank Hours – Final Thoughts
The banking hours are convenient for customers who need to do banking during the week, and TCF are open Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. However, hours may vary by location. It’s important to know their opening hours, so you don’t get caught out next time!
Happy banking, and enjoy banking with TCF Bank!