Over 150 company-owned TOPS, Friendly Markets locations operate throughout Western Vermont, Pennsylvania, and New York. TOPS has a workforce of over 15,000 employees. Customers are treated like family at the regional supermarket chain, and prospective crew members must share the company’s fundamental principles of respect, honesty, and integrity to be considered for employment.
TOPS offers a diverse selection of in-store and warehouse opportunities. Most retail store employment options provide competitive pay per hour and part-time hours.
Please go through the article below to know the recruitment process at TOPS:
Operational Hours and Work Schedule at TOPS
TOPS offers employment options to people with a minimum of 16 years. The business hours and duty schedule of TOPS are as follows:
- Monday to Sunday: 07:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m.
- Friday to Saturday: 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Job Prospects at TOPS
Target-oriented team members can be promoted to full-time employment with competitive pay. Pay rates are often influenced by factors such as location, experience, and department of work. The eastern supermarket is a grocery store industry innovation, operating state-of-the-art child-watch programs that require caring and attentive employees.
Cooking workshops are also available at the grocery store for candidates of all culinary skill levels. Cooking school instructors can be rewarding jobs for licensed chefs and experienced cooks. Candidates for entry-level store jobs must complete paper applications and submit them in person at TOPS store locations.
Tops Friendly Markets, also known as Tops, usually considers entry-level job applicants at least 16 years old for cashier employment. Cashier positions often entail a variety of customer service tasks performed in grocery store checkout lines.
To manage the sale of alcohol and tobacco goods, prospective cashiers at particular Tops locations may need to meet specific state-mandated age restrictions. Tops cashier jobs require vital customer service and math skills, and enthusiasm and the flexibility to work flexible hours as required. Employees assist customers with their purchases, clean work areas, bag groceries, secure payment, and ring up sales.
The Job Positions Available at TOPS
TOPS offers multiple job offers, including Store Manager, Assistant Manager, Service Desk Clerk, Greeter, Stocking Team Member, and Cashier positions. The following are a few job types that are frequently available at TOPS:
- Cashiers are responsible for customer service duties, including performing at the front end and also in checkout lines of grocery stores.
- They are also responsible for answering customers’ inquiries, cleaning work areas, bagging groceries, securing payment, and ringing up customer purchases.
- Cashiers generally earn around $9.00 per hour, depending on location and experience.
- TOPS managers are responsible for working together to maintain and also oversee profitable store operations.
- They are also responsible for several human resource duties, such as resolving issues of store staff, processing expense reports and payroll.
- Managers should also set employee work schedules and training and hiring entry-level employees.
- TOPS offers around $10.00 to $11.00 per hour to managers.
- Assistant Managers earn approximately $30k per annum.
- Store Managers earn over $40k per annum at TOPS.
The Online Job Application Process of TOPS
The candidates looking to join TOPS can go to its career portal and find various employment opportunities. TOPS allows job seekers to apply for its vacant job positions through its website. The steps to submit a job application to TOPS is as follows:
- Go to TOPS’ official website and navigate the employment page.
- Tap on the “Apply Now” tab that will appear at the end of the employment page for various job roles in pharmacy, transportation or distribution, team opportunities, etc.
- Tap on the “Find Locations” tab to select the required TOPS location.
- First-time users can create a new account, and the returning users can use their TOPS log-in credentials.
- Tap on the “Next” tab after filling up your personal information and upload your resume.
- The candidates need to answer the questions in the “Equal Employment Opportunity Information” option.
- Enter your electronic signature and complete the remaining sections to submit your job application form to TOPS.
Checking Job Application Status for TOPS
After submitting applications to TOPS’ hiring staff, prospective grocery store applicants visit or call locations to check their applications. Direct interaction with TOPS’ recruiting team shows a passion for working for the company and indicates a desire to go beyond the line of duties.
After submitting the relevant employment forms, candidates should call or schedule appointments a day or two later. Job candidates should also take advantage of the chance to inquire about open positions and any other concerns they may have about the anticipated pay, job responsibilities, or company culture.
Benefits and Perks While Working at TOPS
- Full-time employees and managers usually benefit from generous employee benefits packages, including personal development perks and health savings.
- TOPS also offers company-matched 401(k) retirement plans for financial security.
- Well-being and health plans offered to TOPS’ employees include vision, medical, and dental plans.
- Crew Members also benefit from holiday pay, personal time, and paid vacation for balancing their life and work.
- Part-time employees at TOPS enjoy comprehensive training programs and flexible work schedules.
Additional Details of TOPS
TOPS is committed to providing excellent customer service and is continuously looking for innovative methods to assist guests in saving money. The grocery store publishes weekly advertising that highlights the store’s most fantastic price-cutting offers. Advertisements are found in weekly circulars or over the internet.
Users can also sign up for electronic bonus notifications to receive messages about upcoming promotions. Customers can locate distributor and checkout coupons on the firm website’s Coupon Central for further discounts. Customers can also join savings clubs to earn rewards points used toward free products or gas discounts.
The supermarket is committed to staff development and also provides frequent progression chances, often involving bonus possibility or pay raises. TOPS is a full-service supermarket. It contains departments for bread, frozen foods, deli, flowers, and also meat.
To perform production activities or basic customer service, each department also requires a qualified workforce of entry-level personnel. The candidates can also visit TOPS’ official job portal and know the current vacancies. They can also apply for a job role at TOPS through the online application process, as explained in the article above.