U-Haul is one of the most prominent firms in North America because of the distinctive orange coloring to identify rental trucks. The candidates can also find any work easily because innovative U-Haul’s service stations emerge regularly.
Hence, it needs enthusiastic employees to rent trailers and vehicles. This multinational corporation also offers relocation options in places across Canada and the United States. U-Haul’s attractive benefits include compound career prospects, flexible scheduling, and competitive pay.
Please scroll down and learn more about U-Haul’s employment process.
- Operational Hours and Work Schedule at U-Haul
- Job Prospects at U-Haul
- Job Requirements
- The Job Positions Available at U-Haul
- The Online Job Application Process of U-Haul
- Checking Job Application Status for U-Haul
- Benefits and Perks While Working at U-Haul
- Additional Details of U-Haul
Operational Hours and Work Schedule at U-Haul
U-Haul hires job prospects with a minimum of 18 years while hiring. It’s business and shift timings are as follows:
- Monday to Thursday: 07:00 a.m. to 07:00 p.m.
- Friday: 07:00 a.m. to 08:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 07:00 a.m. to 07:00 p.m.
- Sunday: 09:00 a.m. to 05:00 p.m.
Job Prospects at U-Haul
U-Haul, which began as a husband-and-wife business partnership, now has a meaningful existence across most of Canada and the United States. There was a significant shortage of suitable rental services at Anna Mary Shoen and Sam’s original agreement on the West Coast.
However, the rental services company is now a household name within 15 years of operation, providing rentable trailers and vehicles. U-Haul also provides job possibilities throughout most of the region. More than 18,000 corporate professionals, managers, and entry-level associates work for the organization, with the most vacant positions in branch management, call-center support, and maintenance roles.
U-Haul job options include work in massive, corporate call centers, in addition to on-site occupations linked to trailer or vehicle rentals. The candidates can also apply for jobs that are either in-house or offer work-from-home options.
The rental services company’s innovative employment structures provide for moonlighting opportunities and scheduling flexibility. Employees frequently mention performing numerous roles while employed with U-Haul. Various employees work for the company in multiple capacities at the same time.
The Job Positions Available at U-Haul
The job positions available at U-Haul include Manager, Assistant Manager, Customer Service Representative, Distribution Attendant, and Driver positions. Individuals that are customer-oriented and motivated with a desire for providing outstanding service are frequently qualified for the following equipment rental jobs:
Customer Service Representatives
- Customer Service Representatives are responsible for processing payments and reserving rental equipment for utilization.
- They are also responsible for feeling comfortable while addressing issues of angry clients.
- They should also be capable of multi-tasking at once regularly.
- U-Haul usually offers around $10.00 per hour to Customer Service Representatives.
- One or two General Managers are required at every U-Haul location.
- They are responsible for processing returned trailers and vehicles, issuing keys, and overseeing vehicle lots.
- They are also responsible for explaining procedures, policies, and warranties. And process payments.
- General Managers should also go through safety details about rental equipment.
- Most roles for these positions need to work around 35 to 40 hours a week at U-Haul locations.
- U-Haul offers around $30k per annum to General Managers and may exceed $50k per annum with experience.
The Online Job Application Process of U-Haul
U-Haul online process to submit the job application is as follows:
- The candidates should open U-Haul’s official website over a web browser to visit its career portal.
- You can enter a keyword or job title in the first search bar that appeared here, enter the location in the second field, and tap on the “Search Jobs” tab. You can also tick in the “Moonlighter Job” check box to include the respective job positions.
- Tap on the “View” tab to go to the next step of the application process.
- Check the complete description of your selected job and tap on the “Apply for this job” tab.
- Tap now on the “Continue” tab to read the instructions and click on the “Yes” or “No.” You need to click on the “Continue” tab if you clicked on the Yes tab to complete the general information that appeared here.
- Tap on the “Next” tab and complete each section of the application form to submit it to U-Haul.
Checking Job Application Status for U-Haul
U-Haul’s employment process typically takes three to five days, irrespective of possible status or prospective position. Specific individuals are given on-the-spot hiring consideration at U-Haul while visiting venues to inquire about jobs.
The most common mode of communication between applicants and managers for checking U-Haul’s application status is through phone calls. Most workers receive some notification from U-Haul about their suitability for interviews. The candidates can inquire about the quality of their applications if no communication gets made by U-Haul within a week or two.
Benefits and Perks While Working at U-Haul
U-Haul provides the following employee benefits:
- Full-time U-Haul employees often benefit from discounts on services and products.
- They also receive life insurance options, full-coverage medical benefits programs, educational assistance, and paid time off.
- Part-time U-Haul employees usually gain access to credit unions sponsored by the company and travel insurance.
- They also get stock options, 401 (K) retirement plans, dental plans, and healthcare options.
Additional Details of U-Haul
Big engines, which are necessary to transport hundreds of pounds of personal belongings throughout the region, have historically been inefficient in their gas usage. U-Haul lowers the edges of rental trailers and vehicles to counteract gas mileage losses and fits them with aerodynamic chassis to compensate for gas mileage losses caused by wind drag. In 2007, the collaboration with Ford resulted in more painting techniques that proved efficient in using energy. The methods reduce the number of chemical fumes released during the painting of commercial vehicles.
The American equipment rental and rental services company, U-Haul, is based out in Phoenix, Arizona. It hired over 18,000 individuals and got formed in 1945. The aspirants can check U-Haul’s employment portal to go through the current job opportunities offered by the company.
They can also apply for various job positions updated on its official website, including “Moonighter,” IT, corporate, and contact center positions. Besides, you can go through the article above and explore current job roles, the online application process, filling up and submitting the job application. This is one of the best ways to get a job at this company.