ULTA beauty was earlier known as ULTA Salon, Cosmetics & Fragrance Inc. The name was changed in 2017. The company is ideally an American beauty retail store, and the company was launched back in1990 in Illinois. As of now, ULTA Beauty has almost 1200 stores in 50 states, and at least 25000 employees are working in the company.
The company offers luxurious and drugstore cosmetics, fragrances, and skincare brands, and several other beauty equipment. One can also find a salon in the ULTA cosmetic store. The retail chain is perfect for candidates who wish to work in various niches like sales and stocking the beauty store.
Essential Information to Know Before Joining ULTA
Minimum age required to work at ULTA: The candidate needs to be at least 18 years of age, to be eligible to apply to ULTA.
Working hours at ULTA: The working hours are as follows:
A: Monday to Saturday (10:00 am to 9:00 pm)
B: Sunday (11:100 am to 6:00 pm)
ULTA Job Opportunities
A majority of the ULTA stores tend to follow a big-box format of the layout, which includes thousands of square feet of the retail arena. The company’s massive storefronts and several product lines are sold, creating several jobs across the globe.
Overall, the cosmetics organization tends to hire at least 19000 entry-level candidates and career experts. Often the employees tend to take an interest in both sales and customer level jobs. It is because the jobs tend to require
The managerial positions can be managed by experienced and motivated people who are interested in the cosmetics industry. If you wish to work at the organizational level, you need to meet the specific requirements besides the basic qualifications essential for hiring.
The merchandise lines at ULTA include bath and beauty items specifically designed for advanced nail and skincare. Candidates who want to be hired by ULTA should show familiarity with the beauty niche as this will give them an advantage. Besides that, the hiring managers also consider the attitudes of the applicants, which must be attentive. Often the entry-level employees are offered complete, part-time jobs. The additional shifts and hire are also continued if the performance meets the expectations of the company.
Changes also include night and weekend, and the applicants must be ready to lift a moderate number of weights and work on foot for the duration of shifts. For managerial positions, candidates need to be prepared to work full time and need excellent organization and almost no previous experience in the hiring process.
Above all, ULTA is considered one of the most fantastic person and beauty care companies striving hard to become the best beauty chains in the United States. The company sells all the prominent personal and beauty care brands and serves in various locations.
Career Opportunities at ULTA
The applicants who wish to apply at ULTA need to be at least 18 years of age to get the job. Generally, the cosmetics chain tends to hire warm, friendly, and knowledgeable candidates. They don’t give preference to applicants who aren’t quite close. The majority of the jobs include part-time and entry-level roles, but the company makes frequent calls for both motivated and experienced people to fulfill full-time positions.
Cashier or Beauty Advisor
- The beauty advisors mainly focus on the sales part and ensure the maximum number of sales like recommending products to the clients. They also have to demonstrate the uses of the product and cleaning the floors besides completing the transactions and getting the products for shipments.
- The company tends to hire beauty advisors at minimum possible wages, but with time the payment can also increase to $10 per hour.
- One needs to meet no requirements while doing the work, including experience or no education degrees.
- All the stores tend to contain salons that offer almost all the services, so they require experienced professionals. The cosmetology positions are available are always in store.
- The pay scale tends to start at $10 per hour, and they can increase if the applicant holds some previous experience.
- To get the job, the applicants need to hold some certified diploma degrees.
- The primary responsibilities of the candidates working at managerial functions include hiring and training entry-level employees. The managers tend to ensure that all the departments are successful.
- The salary earned by managerial level workers includes $10 to $12. The senior managers can earn $40000 per year.
- If the candidate holds some experience in management, then it can be a brownie point.
Tips for Applying
Interested candidates should have proper knowledge of the current trends. This should be related to cosmetic sales as it improves the odds of getting the job. For a candidate to outshine amongst the various other applicants, then expertise in the service sector, vocation trades such as hairstyling, cosmetology is a must. The workers are also expected to exhibit strong interpersonal and communication skills, which make them eligible to deal with first-hand clients.
Since this industry is very dynamic, there are changes that happen each day. Hence, management expects workers to be proactive, adjusting, and adapting to nature. They should also possess strong leadership skills. Since there is tough competition, the applicants should be fully prepared for the rounds.
The applicants need to fill the applications online. They then need to wait for the hiring managers to connect with the candidates. The majority of contact processes happen within one week. The applicants can follow up with the retailer if there is no formal connection happening. Some of the positions, including managerial careers and stylist positions, tend to feature longer waiting periods for callbacks when hiring decisions.
Hence employees also receive several benefits, including insurance and employee help programs. To apply for the job the applicants need to follow some rules. This is because one should apply only after reviewing the jobs available. Above all the best part about working here is that one can learn a lot here. Candidates should also give their best when it comes to applying for this job. This will also ensure they get ahead of other candidates in the selection process.