United Supermarkets, the Texas-based grocery store retail chain, operates more than 50 locations in its widespread network. It serves over one million customers every week. It looks for committed and passionate individuals to offer superior care to every guest. United Supermarkets provides career opportunities as Department Managers, full-time, and part-time Team Members.
If you want to get employment at United Supermarkets, you can visit its career portal and know the current employment options offered. Besides, we have provided the complete hiring details of United Supermarkets with its available job roles, responsibilities, summary, salary, perks, and a lot more offered by this well-known supermarket chain.
Operational Hours and Work Schedule at United Supermarkets
United Supermarkets offers job options to candidates with a minimum age of 18 during the employment process of this grocery retail chain. The shift schedule and working hours at United Supermarkets are as follows:
Monday to Sunday: 08:00 a.m. to 09:00 p.m.
Job Prospects at United Supermarkets
The candidates looking to join this well-known supermarket chain can get career options in various departments, including produce, beer and wine, general merchandise, prepare food, floral, and bakery. In addition, different other specialized job options are available readily in exclusive service departments, such as living well, concierge centre, and Taste of Market Street.
The Job Positions Available at United Supermarkets
United Supermarkets offers candidature for General Store Manager, Assistant Store Manager, Cleaning Specialist, Meat Cutter, Meat Wrapper, Meat Clerk, Service Manager, and Assistant Service Manager. It also offers Sales and Sampling Clerks, Dishwashers, Maintenance Technicians, Bakery Department Clerks, Dish Retail Clerks, Pharmacy Technicians, Sacker, and Market Cleanup.
You can also apply as Checker, Produce Clerk, Cake Decorator, Baker, Food Service Clerk, Night Stocker, Wine Department Clerk, Grocery Store Clerk, and Cashier positions. In addition, United Supermarkets opens frequent job roles for the following positions:
- Sackers are responsible for loading gags to the guests’ vehicles and bagging groceries.
- They should perform daily duties assigned by United Supermarkets’ managers.
- The sackers should also perform duties of general housekeeping and product returns.
- They should also be capable of lifting around eighty pounds occasionally and approximately forty pounds regularly.
- United Supermarkets usually offer a minimum wage initially to its Sackers.
- Checkers are primarily responsible for customers’ satisfaction and relation.
- They are also responsible for signing up guests for reward cards.
- Their responsibilities also include answering customers’ questions, checking prices, and running cash registers.
- They should also maintain display organization, frontend cleaning, and spill cleanup tasks at times.
- They also need to perform the duties of United Supermarkets’ Sackers.
- These employees initially earn minimum wage and may rise with time.
Food Service Clerks
- Food Service Clerks are responsible for cooking and preparing quality and fresh foods.
- They also take orders and greet guests warmly.
- They also need to rotate out expired or old foods, monitor production dates, and ensure the freshness of foods.
- The clerks should also follow safety and health guidelines, maintain organized and clean kitchens.
- Food Service Clerks usually earn around $9.00 an hour at United Supermarkets.
The Online Job Application Process of United Supermarkets
The candidates looking for an employment opportunity at United Supermarkets and go to its employment site and explore the vacant job positions. the online job application process for United Supermarkets is as follows:
- Visit the official website of United Supermarkets and check out its career page.
- Tap on the job type that appeared at its primary employment page after scrolling down the page and tap on the “Potential Team Members” tab.
- You can use the search bar to explore specific job types and view the job listing according to your preferred search type.
- Tap on the link to apply for a job role at United Supermarkets when you are satisfied with the position and move for the job application process.
- Read your United Supermarkets’ job application form carefully and tap on the “Apply Online” tab. You can also tap on the “Add to My Job Cart” if you want to apply for more than one job position.
- Tap on the “New User” tab to create your new United Supermarkets account or log in with existing details.
- Complete your job application process by submitting it to United Supermarkets.
Checking Job Application Status for United Supermarkets
United Supermarkets often reach out to qualified candidates within a few days or a week. The eligible candidates usually receive interview scheduling calls from United Supermarkets within this timeframe. If you didn’t hear back from United Supermarkets, you can visit its supermarket locations and request to meet the hiring managers. You can know the application status through a phone call, e-mail or visiting United Supermarkets store locations.
Benefits and Perks While Working at United Supermarkets
United Supermarkets offers various job benefits to qualified candidates, including the following:
- Qualified United Supermarkets employees usually receive flexible healthcare spending accounts, disability plans, life insurance with vision, dental, and medical coverage.
- Full-time and part-time Team Members at United Supermarkets often benefit from profit sharing and 401 (K) retirement plans.
- The company also provides vacation time to both full-time and part-time employees. Vacation days usually depend on the experience and salary status of the employees.
- Full-time United Supermarkets Team Members usually benefit from ten personal days per annum.
- It also provides college savings plans to its employees.
- Qualified United Supermarkets also receive discounts on recreational activities, movie tickets, and auto insurance.
Additional Details of United Supermarkets
United Supermarkets was founded in 1949 and stayed as a Texas tradition, maintaining more than fifty locations throughout the cities of Texas. United Supermarkets also plans for expansion by hiring many employees in The Lone Star State in the years to come.
Texas Monthly and Dallas Morning News usually rank this supermarket chain as ideal places to get employed in Texas. In 2009, the United Supermarkets was also named “Family Business of the Year” Baylor University’s Institute for Family Business.
The American supermarket chain, United Supermarkets, is based out and located in Lubbock, Texas. It operated more than sixty locations across the nation and was founded in 1916. The candidates can go through United Supermarkets’ job portal, check its current job roles, and submit their job application form. The online job application process is also explained in the article above. One should follow the steps to submit the job application form to United Supermarkets.