Applicants looking for a job at Walgreens can apply online through their career portal or visit the nearest store to apply in person. The online application process of Walgreens is quick, effortless, and saves time for the applicants. Besides, they can review various potential job opportunities offered by Walgreens.
Walgreens is one of the most well-known daily living, drug, and health retailers. It is headquartered in Chicago, IL, with more than 9,500 locations across the country. Walgreens is consistent in offering various job opportunities. Applicants should also keep a watch on its career portal to know the updated job vacancies. You can scroll online to check the job requirement, eligibility criteria, work schedule, etc., to know what suits you the best.
Work requirements and scheduling at Walgreens:
Walgreens offers job roles to applicants with a minimum age of 16 years for entry-level positions, while management positions need applicants with age between 18 and 21 years. The working hours at Walgreen according to weekdays are the following:
- Monday to Friday: 08:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: 08:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
The entry-level workers get a job in various pharmacy centers and customer service positions. These career opportunities are available for both part-time and full-time roles.
Job Opportunities Offered by Walgreens:
The health care chain, Walgreens, employs more than 200,000 workers. It offers various job roles to eligible candidates, including pharmacy technician, custodian, assistant manager, manager, supervisor, cosmetics salesperson, photo center associate, cashier, and many more. Most Walgreens stores also deal with groceries, beauty essentials, and wellness products. Their other locations also include photo printing centers. Every Walgreens department needs outgoing workers, courteous, and friendly staff. Besides, it keeps hiring employees to promote in-store savings programs, help customers locate their needs or items, operate cash registers, etc.
New Opportunities to advance in Career with Walgreens:
Selected Walgreens candidates qualify for opportunities and benefits to advancements in manager roles. Walgreens applicants are not required to have previous work experience. However, for employment in pharmacy and photography, applicants must meet certain standards set by Walgreens. The company promotes employees within Walgreen, and the starting career of the employees leads to advancements and raises with multiple employee benefits.
Career Opportunities with Walgreens:
Walgreen is currently open for many job opportunities that applicants can view on their online career page or visit your nearest Walgreens store to know details about the vacancies.
- Sales associates are entry-level positions and can earn around $9.00 per hour.
- Their job responsibilities include keeping the stores clean, stocking, and also maintaining registers.
- They assist customers in every department, including health, beauty, pharmacy, grocery, and also photo development sections.
- Sales Associates with Walgreens earn around $10.00 an hour.
- Technicians are responsible for assisting pharmacists, interacting with patients, and also help in filling prescriptions.
- They also become certified by receiving paid training from Walgreens.
- Workers must be 16 years while joining Walgreens, and pharmacists should be 18 years or older.
- They must know this field and should qualify for background checks and training.
- Their salary package begins at $11.00 per hour.
- These employees are responsible for receiving online or in-store orders to aid customers with photo kiosks and process pictures.
- Walgreens provides training to these specialists after the hiring process to teach them to use and handling equipment.
- These applicants begin their careers by earning around $9.00 per hour.
- Applicants with confidence and technical knowledge are given priority.
- Manager trainee positions and shift leaders help supervise Walgreens’ associates.
- Store managers and assistant managers schedule, train, and hire staff.
- They also focus on keeping Walgreens’ stores profitable.
- Shift leaders and managers in training earn between $12.00 and $16.00 per hour.
- The annual salary of Assistant Store Managers is between $35,000 and $40,000.
- Store Managers at Walgreens earn up to $70,000 annually.
The job application status of Walgreens:
Before contacting eligible candidates, hiring managers review assessments and applications. Eligible applicants are contacted for in-store interviews. The application process usually takes one to three weeks. Applicants can check the job application status online or visit the nearest Walgreens store to know the result in person.
Benefits of working with Walgreens:
Walgreens offers multiple employee benefits, including the following:
- Employees enjoy the benefits of paid time off, paid vacation, and sick time.
- Walgreens also offer store discounts to its employees.
- They also receive life insurance, medical insurance, and prescription coverage.
- Eligible applicants are allowed to enroll in 401(K) retirement plans.
Additional information about Walgreens:
Walgreens partners with the AARP. It is a traveling program, the Way to Well Health Tour, bringing free consultations, education, and health testing to underprivileged communities. Walgreens’ associates’ journey and tour the country to offer aid to adults of 18 years and above. This traveling program also offers access to health care for individuals who go without it.
The job application process of Walgreens:
- Begin your job application process by visiting Walgreens’ career portal.
- Click the location and select “In-Store Opportunities.”
- Tap on the “Apply Online” tab to fill up the application form.
- Register your account with Walgreen or log in if you already have.
- Fill out the required fields of profile information.
- You will see the “Job Opportunities” webpage here.
- Applicants must enter their preferred Zip or area code.
- It will direct you to a “Welcome” page.
- Review the information provided here and tap on the “Continue” tab.
- After reviewing AAP information here, clock on the “Continue” tab.
- Fill out the required fields of personal information, educational background, etc.
- Applicants must provide three references when prompted.
- Now you need to provide information about having a disability or not.
- Choose a reasonable accommodation notice and complete the application process.
Walgreens offers many job positions to eligible candidates. It has thousands of stores in all U.S, Puerto Rico, the District of Columbia, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. You can find the nearest or preferred store location and also choose job roles close to your location. They also have job openings in pharmacy, in-store, corporate, and distribution. Applicants can apply according to their ability and also their eligibility. They should also ensure they do proper research before walking in for an interview. This will help them start the interview on a positive note and also impress the interviewer.