It is a nightmare when you lose or break your glasses. It should not be that expensive to see! But getting the best price for your eyesight needs does not have to be difficult. And you can find some of the best deals at Walmart.
So, here is a guide to help you understand all of the Walmart Vision Center Prices and the services offered!
- What Is The Walmart Vision Center?
- Are The Eye Doctors At Walmart Vision Real Doctors?
- What Eye Diseases Can Be Tested At The Walmart Vision Center?
- Macular Degeneration
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Dry Eye
- Does Walmart Vision Center Offer Disease Treatment?
- Does Walmart Offer Laser Eye Surgery?
- What is the Cost of an Eye Exam at Walmart Vision?
- What is the Cost of Glasses at Walmart Vision?
- What is the Cost of Contacts at Walmart Vision?
- Walmart Vision Center Prices – Vision Insurance
- The Pros and Cons Of Walmart Vision Center
- What Else Can You Do At Walmart?
- Walmart Vision Center Prices – Final Thoughts
What Is The Walmart Vision Center?
The Walmart Vision Center caters for all your optical related needs. They offer a variety of services, and you can find some great deals on glasses, contacts, and eye exams. They have a wide selection of frames and lenses to choose from. You can also get your vision discount plan here.
What Services Does Walmart Vision Offer?
The first step is to decide what service you need. There are three main services offered at the center:
- Get your prescription checked.
- You can get an eye test to determine if you need glasses or contacts.
- Ask for an eye health check.
Are The Eye Doctors At Walmart Vision Real Doctors?
Yes! They are all optometrists, and some are even ophthalmologists. So, rest assured, they are all certified and licensed to practice in the state the store is located. An optometrist is a doctor who specializes in eye health and vision. They can prescribe glasses and contact lenses. An ophthalmologist is a doctor who specializes in eye surgery.
The only downside is that there tends to be a high turnover rate, so you may not see the same doctor every time. All the doctors are qualified and can help you with your vision needs; however, if you would like to build a relationship with a specific doctor, you may want to consider going to a private practice.
What is the Quality of Walmart Doctors?
The quality of the doctors varies. Some customers have had great experiences while others have not. The quality also depends on the location of the store. However, often the optometrists are independent and lease space from Walmart. This means they should always be up to date on the latest technology and equipment.
What Eye Diseases Can Be Tested At The Walmart Vision Center?
If you are concerned that there may be something more seriously wrong with your eyesight, the doctors can also detect a variety of diseases and conditions such as:
This is when the lens of your eye becomes cloudy and affects your vision. Cataracts are treated with surgery. The doctor will remove the cloudy lens and replace it with a clear one.
If pressure builds up in your eye, it can damage the optic nerve and lead to blindness. It will need to be treated with medication to lower the pressure in your eye.
This is when the center of your vision starts to fade; it can be treated with medication, surgery, or special eyeglasses.
Diabetes can damage the blood vessels in your retina and can lead to blindness. You will need laser surgery, medication, or surgery to remove them.
This is when your eyes do not make enough tears, or the tears evaporate too quickly. It can be mitigated with artificial tears, special contact lenses, or eye drops.
When your eye is shaped more like a football than a sphere and light does not focus correctly on the retina, using eyeglasses, contact lenses, or surgery will help.
Does Walmart Vision Center Offer Disease Treatment?
You cannot get any eye surgery at the vision center, but they can refer you to a specialist that can help you. The doctors can also prescribe medication for some conditions, such as glaucoma and macular degeneration. However, you can get a prescription for glasses and contacts to help with certain conditions.
Does Walmart Offer Laser Eye Surgery?
No, they do not. You will need to see a specialist for this type of surgery.
What is the Cost of an Eye Exam at Walmart Vision?
The cost of an eye exam is $73. This includes a comprehensive eye exam, dilation, and a refraction. If you need additional testing, it may cost extra. You can also get discounts on your eye exam if you have vision insurance.
What is the Cost of Glasses at Walmart Vision?
You can expect to pay anything from upwards of $10 for a pair of glasses. This really depends on the style of frame you would like. Branded frames will cost more than non-branded frames and some designer frames can cost over $200!
Frames and lenses are separate, so you will have to pay for both. The lenses can be free if they are basic clear ones and go up from there depending on the type of lens you need, such as bifocals or progressives. Additionally, you can add extra treatments to your lenses for an additional cost, such as anti-glare or scratch-resistant coatings.
The best way to get an accurate estimate of glasses pricing is to contact Walmart Vision and speak with them.
What is the Cost of Contacts at Walmart Vision?
You can find a 6-month supply of contacts for as little as $53. This price will increase depending on the type of contact lens you need, such as daily, weekly, or monthly. You will also have to pay for the exam.
Walmart Vision Center Prices – Vision Insurance
If you have vision insurance, Walmart will likely accept it. Some of the vision insurance plans Walmart accepts include:
- BlueCross BlueShield
- Coast to Coast
- Superior Vision
- United Healthcare
Walmart also offers its own vision insurance plan called the Vision Discount Plan. This is a discount plan and not an insurance plan. It costs from $4 a year for an individual and around $10 a year for a family. You can then get discounts on eye exams, glasses, and contacts.
The Pros and Cons Of Walmart Vision Center
- Convenience! You can grab your groceries or do your shopping and get your vision needs done all in one place.
- They have a wide variety of frames to choose from at different price points.
- There are thousands of stores across the country, so there is sure to be one that is convenient for you.
- They have a variety of contact lenses.
- You can get a comprehensive eye exam.
- If you have vision insurance, they will likely accept it.
- You cannot get laser surgery or other treatments for eye conditions at Walmart Vision.
- The doctors are often changing, so you may not see the same one each time.
- You cannot get prescription glasses on their website.
Which other stores can I have my eyes tested at?
There are a few other places you can get an eye test. You can go to:
- A standalone optometrist/ophthalmologist.
- Other stores such as Target, Costco, and Sears have an optometrist in-store.
- Your primary care doctors.
What Else Can You Do At Walmart?
The superstore’s services seem endless! Let’s begin with learning more about Walmart Carpet Cleaner Rental, or perhaps you’d like to know Does Walmart Repair Glasses, Does Walmart Pierce Ears, or even Does Walmart Develop Disposable Cameras, and Does Walmart Convert VHS To DVD if you’re converting your old tapes from analog to digital!
But wait, there’s more, of course! You might also be wondering How Much Is An Oil Change At Walmart, Does Walmart Replace Brake Pads, or if you are buying a new battery, what is the Walmart Everstart Battery Warranty, along with the Walmart Car Battery Return Policy, if you’re not happy with your purchase.
As far as financial services go and getting your checks cashed, check out Does Walmart Cash Personal Checks, or if need be, Does Walmart Cash Handwritten Checks, and in case you work late hours, What Time Does Walmart Stop Cashing Checks in 2023.
Walmart Vision Center Prices – Final Thoughts
So, if you’re in the market for a new pair of glasses and don’t want to break the bank, Walmart Vision is definitely worth considering.
You can get a comprehensive eye exam, choose from a variety of stylish frames, and pick up your contacts all in one place – and at prices that are hard to beat. And if you have vision insurance, even better! So, are you waiting for? Head on over to Walmart Vision Center today and see how they can help solve your eyewear needs.
Enjoy the amazing services at Walmart Vision Center!
- Answers to “Why Are You the Best Candidate for This Position?”
- Can Felons Own A Muzzleloader?
- Does Whataburger Serve Breakfast All Day?
- Housekeeping Supervisor Job Description
- How Much Does Dunkin’ Donuts Pay? (2023 Updated)
- What Is a Bartender Certification?
- ER Nurse Job Description
- How Much Does KFC Pay? (Full Guide)
- Mobil Application Online: Jobs & Career Info
- What Happens if Your Passport Photo Gets Rejected?