Web developers handle the design and appearance of the website. They also have to take care of the site speed and the SEO for the website. As a web developer, you are also required to work on the front-end or back-end of a website.
You will have to provide solutions to increase the site speed and to handle the traffic on the website. As a part of this job, you will also be required to use the technical features to add some eye-catching elements to the website to intrigue visitors. Also, you have to collaborate with the design team to make sure you put up features that show the brand’s image.
Job Description – Web Developer
You can either choose to be a full-stack developer if you have a good knowledge of front-end and back-end programming. However, you can also choose any one of them and master it to become a successful Web Developer. Web Developers are the ones who take care of the working and designing of the website for an organization or their clients. You will be responsible for programming the website and creating and confirming the code to run on the website. The candidate will also be working with a team of developers for the creation and timely updates for the website.
Skills Required – Web Developer
- You will be building and maintaining a website for the company and its clients.
- The candidate should also be familiar with different languages, applications, digital media, and tools to help create content.
- You will also be the person to contact to resolve the issues, choose solutions, and prioritize the needs of the company and the website.
- Directing the updating and resolving of an issue by providing the proper update to the website infrastructure.
- Developing the schedules to address devices connected and maintaining the regular tests to find small errors and everything.
- Directing the people providing the content for the website and editing or writing the code after running the false statements.
- You will also be required to keep up with the trends by studying, attending conferences, and attending workshops to find out what’s trending in the market and how it can help build a better website.
- You have to manage and store the files from the website in the local directory.
- Referring to the problems as mentioned by the customer and evaluating the right way to set the algorithm and code.
- Checking up on code by running scheduled tests to ensure the quality standards of a code and its proper structure on different browsers and operating systems.
- Knowing the technical requirements to enhance the customer experience.
- You need to have a bachelor’s degree in Web Development or any related field.
- The employee should also have the ability to solve big, complex problems with a team.
- You should also be a team player.
- You need to also have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- You should also know about programming applications.
- Proficiency in My SQL and database management systems
- Good communication, verbal, and writing skills
- ability to come up with new and innovative ideas to help improve the performance of websites.
Read more: Web Project Manager Job Description
Frequently Asked Questions
1 What’s the role of a Web Developer?
Ans. The role of a Web Developer is to help companies create websites and add advanced features to them. A Web Developer also has to ensure the site speed and performance of the website with high traffic.
2 How to Become a Web Developer
Ans. To travel down the road to becoming a Web Developer, you have to pursue a degree in Web Development or any related field.
3 What training do I need before the interview?
Ans. You don’t need any training if you already have experience in the same field. You just have to stay true to your skills and present them in a meticulous way.